Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
RAM Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
(Yawn) I must be blessed by the Lord. Fonzi jumped a shark. Now this! In one lifetime.

America is (supposed to be) a Republic, NOT a democracy. Learn the difference, help end the lie. Fear a government that fears your guns.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Wished it would have been clear enough to see it here. Things like this you don't get a chance every day.

When that is of no meaning to folks its kind of sad. Seeing nature do its things. Rainbows. Hail. Sleet. Sun Dogs. and so on. Just cool rare nature.

Doesn't change life any. But its cool to see when you can.

Or you can go on with city life and ignore.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Both are real, get over it.

"The older I get, the better I was"
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
It wasn't much here due to clouds,but was still cool to experience.
Not quite up there with Capone's vault,
but it was neat going dark so quickly,then reversing.

I think we need to enjoy the little things a wee bit more.

Last edited by rong; 04/09/24.
E
ERK Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
Couldn’t even tell it happened here. Cloudy and never could tell any difference in daylight. Unspectacular! Edk

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
This performative anti-eclipse posting is sad to me. It illustrates the extent to which people have become divorced from the natural world around them and allowed their attention to be captured by the minutae of what is on television or the internet.

What a boring existence.

B
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
I saw it under a bluebird sky and it was incredible.

The way life should be.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Really.

I see gorgeous sunrises several mornings a week on my way out the door.
Occasionally post an exceptional one.

We have been pounded with eclipses for years in school.
Then in the media when there is a bit of one anywhere in our country.

Then I finally get to see one.

Rare.
Only a few time in a lifetime, if you are lucky!
Park my truck in a pull off on I-84 at the NY/PA border, stare at the moon for an hour.
A black shadow passes over it,
and I feel like I just paid for a ribeye and was served a cold hot dog.

Guess it's just oversold.
With so much hubbub, in my mind it was going to be profound.

Honestly, I'd be more impressed seeing the triplet calves
from another post.

Have been more impressed when, 250 miles from the ocean, Hurricane Hugo caused all our pole lights to come on. Noon looked like 8pm.
That was unusual, and profound.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
I was impressed and very glad I got to see it.

B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by rost495
Wished it would have been clear enough to see it here. Things like this you don't get a chance every day.

When that is of no meaning to folks its kind of sad. Seeing nature do its things. Rainbows. Hail. Sleet. Sun Dogs. and so on. Just cool rare nature.

Doesn't change life any. But its cool to see when you can.

Or you can go on with city life and ignore.

so if you dont give 2 shts about an eclipse, its sad and you live in the city....the self righteousness is strong in you...bob

IC B3

J
JDK Online Content
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
J
I’m away from home and disappointed that I missed it. I heard it was spectacular.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Why is it always marketed like some huge, once in a lifetime event that seems to happen every few years?

It was overcast here today. So disappointing. Not.

I remember watching one on the playground in elementary school. Unimpressed then and every one since.

C
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Stickfight
This performative anti-eclipse posting is sad to me. It illustrates the extent to which people have become divorced from the natural world around them and allowed their attention to be captured by the minutae of what is on television or the internet.

What a boring existence.
Agree. Having seen a partial in no way prepares you to imagine a total eclipse. It is breathtaking, spectacular and overwhelming if are at all alive. Experiencing such an event with total strangers who also made the pilgrimage is another uplifting experience of its own. The sudden chill of total darkness. Pelicans flying around. Fish jumping and dogs fidgeting is eerie.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Crash_Pad

What a boring existence.
Agree. Having seen a partial in no way prepares you to imagine a total eclipse. It is breathtaking, spectacular and overwhelming if are at all alive. Experiencing such an event with total strangers who also made the pilgrimage is another uplifting experience of its own. The sudden chill of total darkness. Pelicans flying around. Fish jumping and dogs fidgeting is eerie.
All of this Crash Pad^ and Stickfight is spot on too.

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
It got pretty dim here in S.E. Wisconsin ... I didnt look to see it though... My cousin was in Indiana to see it and it gave them goose bumps. It cooled of a bit and the wind picked up..

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
All I got say is I feel sorry for all of the idiots that spent thousands to see this. It was like looking thru a bad scope!

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
In Conroe, Tx, just north of Houston, it was midnight dark in a torrential downpour with the idiots on the road acting as though some mysterious event was taking place.

😡😡😡😡😡

I did not care anything about it, was an inconvenience on my 550 mile drive home. If you’ve seen one, you’ve seen them all.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I saw it in totality for maybe two minutes, then a low thick cloud blocked the show. Still dark though. Understanding what you are looking at might help. It's not a TV show.

NRA-Benefactor
TSRA-Life

"It's a terrible thing when governments send their young men to kill each other." Charles Byrne,WW2 Vet.
On the day Desert Storm began.
RAM Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker

What a boring existence.

Hate the game not the player m,f'er

America is (supposed to be) a Republic, NOT a democracy. Learn the difference, help end the lie. Fear a government that fears your guns.
RAM Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by ihookem
It got pretty dim here in S.E. Wisconsin ... I didnt look to see it though... My cousin was in Indiana to see it and it gave them goose bumps. It cooled of a bit and the wind picked up..

And it would have without an eclipse. This had virtually zero effect on local weather. And I only say that because statistical zero doesn't exist.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

465 members (10gaugemag, 007FJ, 160user, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 163bc, 42 invisible), 2,138 guests, and 1,171 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,245
Posts18,486,168
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.