Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Adam- I just tried to email you at AscensionIndustriesOrdersgmail.com and it wouldn’t send. I also tried PM- ing you but that’s not working either.

I’d like to order one to try. Is there another way to do it?

Thanks

GB1

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by Houser52
Adam- I just tried to email you at AscensionIndustriesOrdersgmail.com and it wouldn’t send. I also tried PM- ing you but that’s not working either.

I’d like to order one to try. Is there another way to do it?

Thanks

Never mind. The copied email left off the @. Fixed that and it went through.

Thanks

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Adam, thanks for doing this. I’ll look at what I have at home and will likely be placing an order.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
A
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
A
Quick update for everyone

We have ran into tolerance issues on some rifles. I have a revised magazine already printed and testing will begin tomorrow. I’m going to halt orders for now until all issues are resolved.

During our preliminary testing, we have had a sample size of only 2 rifles, so this larger sample size of rifles has shown there are still 1 or 2 kinks to work out. The follower also will be shortened a slight bit to help reduce snags as it comes back up the mag body during cycling.

Thank you everyone for your patience and how kind everyone has been during this phase.

-Adam

Edit : Also everyone give a big thanks to Bearcat74. He has been just invested as me in this endeavor and a huge asset to its success thus far.

Last edited by AscensionIndustries; 03/23/24.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

I took a knife a beveled that back slightly on a new mag. If you are having issues this is a good place to start.

You can see the witness mark on the red mag. I just beveled that down some.

If you measure the inside of the mag is should be roughly 2.565”. The follower should be .030-.035” shorter. I lightly sanded a new one down a touch front and rear to get .030”.

When I die I hope I don't start voting democrat.
IC B2

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Tag

Double_D
A
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
A
V2.0 is promising.

Going to do a little more testing the rest of this evening.

Im going to send everyone who has already purchased a mag(s) V2.0 free of cost. Thank you all for your patience.

E
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
E
That is good of you!! I am sure they will like an extra. I will be placing order after v2 is complete.

A
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
A
Alright everyone,

I will be sending e-mails to everyone who has already purchased from me, but I wanted to post here also.

Version 2.0 I believe will remedy the issues that certain folks had. Whether or not you had problems, I am sending you this new design in the amount that you ordered.

I truly think that everyone will be much more impressed by this version, I want to publicly apologize for it taking me this second revision to get it to this point. I did not see the ways it could have been improved until now.

I also am going to make a video on how to remove and install your spring in this kit for those who have never done it before. I will be uploading it to youtube.

I thank everyone for their continued business.

Adam
Ascension Industries
Matthew 6:34

A
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
A
Reports coming in on the V2 Mags are good so far. I have more material coming in this week and will get started back on production. Thank you to everyone who has ordered.

Adam
Ascension Industries
Matthew 6:34

IC B3

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
I received my magazine kit a few days ago. Spring removal from the factory mag and installation into the new mag a straight forward and easy.

Today I loaded some 75 grain Hornady ELD-M to an oal of 2.425”, .020” off the lands. Loading 4 rounds into the new mag was as normal and the 75 grain ELDs fit perfectly with room for a longer oal if needed. The new mag inserted into the magwell and locked uptight as it should. All rounds, both 2.425” and 2.260” fed and ejected without a hitch.

So far the magazine kit is working well and functions as it should.

Here’s the 75 grain ELD-M loaded at 2.425” into the mag with room to spare.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Tag please.
Rick

A
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
A
Thank you for the review sir!

Adam
Ascension Industries
1 Thessalonians 5:18

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
My gun was one of the ones that didn't work well with V1.0. Adam was very easy to work with and was very apologetic for my trouble. V2.0 works well with my Tikka........if you do have an issue it will be taken care of.

As stated above, the spring install is easy.......this mag will help immensely with getting the full potential for the 8 twist barrel out of your rifle

BUY WITH CONFIDENCE!!

Double_D
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Adam, please post the best way for us to purchase magazines, either web address or phone number.

Thanks,

Sig.

A
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
A
Sig,

Please e-mail me at AscensionIndustriesOrdersgmail.com

They are 40 per kit including shipping. You can also paypal me at that same email.

Thank you.

Adam
Ascension Industries

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Thanks. Email sent.

A
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
A
Thank you again to everyone for the orders and the kind words. I appreciate your business.

Adam
Ascension Industries

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Got mine! Thank you!

A
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
A
I had a gentleman e-mail about making a working Grendel mag. He hasn't been responding as of late. The dimensions of the Grendel and 6mm ARC cases are so close that I believe they both would work with the current 6.5/Arc mag that is designed. That being said, if anyone has a rifle that they have chambered for this round, I would love to send a mag out at no cost for you to do some R&D for me.

I used Bearcat74's 7-08 and I have a mag chambering a 6.5 grendel round. If anyone is interested in testing this out in a rifle that they do have chambered in 6.5 Grendel or 6MM Arc, please e-mail me at AscensionIndustriesOrdersgmail.com.

Adam
Ascension Industries

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

75 members (6mmbrfan, 257_X_50, 808outdoors, 2500HD, 7mm_Loco, 257robertsimp, 8 invisible), 1,395 guests, and 819 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,118
Posts18,483,505
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.