Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by MadMooner
Oy! Just looking at that ya wonder what the roof looks like.

That was my first thought....that, and cash up front for the whole job...

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell

B
BMT Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Chicken coop conversion into low income housing?

That’s what it looks like. LOL

Agree with what’s been posted.

Time and materials, foundation repair, I would worry about electrical issues you might run into also — I have seen some scary D-I-Y electrical work over the years.

BMT

Last edited by BMT; 04/08/24.

"The Church can and should help modern society by tirelessly insisting that the work of women in the home be recognized and respected by all in its irreplaceable value." Apostolic Exhortation On The Family, Pope John Paul II
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by STRSWilson
[Linked Image from cdn.swisscows.com]
Don't forget the diesel

They say everything happens for a reason.
For me that reason is usually because I've made some bad decisions that I need to pay for.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I've been into something like this before but I was remodeling just the electrical.
Be prepared for lots of rodents nests, rat and mouse crap everywhere.
Don't breathe it in! Hantavirus is bad stuff, don't know if thats an issue in TX but it sure is in NE AZ.

Last edited by AZmark; 04/08/24.

Life (and forums) is like a box of animal crackers----There's a Jackass in every box
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by stxhunter
Originally Posted by rong
T-111 right over that stuff,new windows+ trim...
He wants it replaced and any rot under it replaced also.

Roger, I would not give him any estimates until I got a look at what's underneath.

Is it rot on the outside or is it just peeling paint?

Off topic, but...

I hate wood frame houses. Here in FL, they're a never ending headache from sun, water intrusion, wind (hurricanes).

I've never owned one. Never wanted to. I have a buddy that used to rehab them back in the day. Fearless. He had a crew that would just go in and knock them out.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Bucket loader,dumpster then move in one of those rent to own sheds

there is no man more free than he who has nothing left to lose --unknown--
" If it bleeds we can kill it" Conan The Barbarian
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Boy am I glad I found this thread. Rog, listen ol' buddy.

You get yourself a load of soccer ball sized rocks dropped off there, push them up around the base of the house with a Bobcat so as it looks kinda like someone from the fourth century after Christ built a foundation. Declare that place some kind of historical destination and sell tickets for 12 bucks a head for busloads of school kids and old folks from retirement homes.

You can bet your ass some old geezer through there is gunna tell the time the 300 apaches rode around that house all night and he held them off single-handedly with a Colt single action with an arrow through his head, blinded by the blood. All the old gals will be linin' up back at the facility for a few minutes with ol' Buster Doogan.

It'll be epic.

Or you could slap some T1-11 on that bad boy and throw in an $8 driveway and you'll be schittin in tall cotton.

LOL
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I don't know whatchy'all talkin bout no foundation for.

I sees some cinder blocks under there or something.

that's better'n havin; it setting on some ol logs or pallets.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Yikes... I'd assume it needs to be completely rewired, plumbing, etc. The siding is probably the least of the issues. That place needs a mini-ex & skid steer to tag team it, and then start fresh.

"Social order at the expense of Liberty is hardly a bargain” de Sade
"He who'll not reason is a Bigot, he who cannot is a Fool, and he who dares not is a Slave."SirWilliamDrummond
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
One flooring guy to another, siding isn’t flooring.

Walk away or bid it so high you whistle when you get it.

IC B3

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Kenny Rogers had a song....

If at all, day wages paid weekly, at most, and he buys the materials, etc. as needed, on his hook. If it goes south, the most you lose is 40 hours.

Last edited by las; 04/09/24.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Boy am I glad I found this thread. Rog, listen ol' buddy.

You get yourself a load of soccer ball sized rocks dropped off there, push them up around the base of the house with a Bobcat so as it looks kinda like someone from the fourth century after Christ built a foundation. Declare that place some kind of historical destination and sell tickets for 12 bucks a head for busloads of school kids and old folks from retirement homes.

You can bet your ass some old geezer through there is gunna tell the time the 300 apaches rode around that house all night and he held them off single-handedly with a Colt single action with an arrow through his head, blinded by the blood. All the old gals will be linin' up back at the facility for a few minutes with ol' Buster Doogan.

It'll be epic.

Or you could slap some T1-11 on that bad boy and throw in an $8 driveway and you'll be schittin in tall cotton.

Apparently... you are still drunk.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Oliver Anthony could write a song about that house...

And make millions...

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
I'll probably look at it for [bleep] and giggles. I'm busy right now, I'm doing carpet and some LVP for Lennar and Hogan Homes. several hundred new homes in 4 new subdivisions in the area along with the work I do for my regular contractors.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I'll probably look at it for [bleep] and giggles. I'm busy right now, I'm doing carpet and some LVP for Lennar and Hogan Homes. several hundred new homes in 4 new subdivisions in the area along with the work I do for my regular contractors.

KB Homes still big in Texas? They were all over San Antonio when I lived there. Entire neighborhoods went up in 6 weeks it seemed. Knew a lot of people who bought them. No basements, which was weird to this WI guy.

Me

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Teal

KB Homes still big in Texas? They were all over San Antonio when I lived there. Entire neighborhoods went up in 6 weeks it seemed. Knew a lot of people who bought them. No basements, which was weird to this WI guy.
Not in this area.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
If your working in the tracks, you have access to all the construction workers. The tracks usually hire competent people at the best prices. You could do this job cost plus 10 percent and just oversee it. If I owned that place , I’d do one wall at time with foundation. It’s not that difficult. Plan on insulation once stripped. Maybe wiring. When I moved to Lodi, I worked for 2 guys and they would gut the houses from the inside to the studs. Whatever the house needed. They also converted flat top roofs to pitched roofs which I never done before. In California the permits for new construction is so high, it’s cost effective to remodel. It might be different where you are.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
The house looks fine as is!

It could use a little graffiti.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The owner needs to tear it down and rebuild.

A 380 in my pocket is better than a 45 in my truck!

Violence may not be the best option... but it's still an option.

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet." General James Mad Dog Mattis
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

129 members (1OntarioJim, 7887mm08, 6mmCreedmoor, 338reddog, 9 invisible), 1,567 guests, and 925 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,371
Posts18,488,328
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.