Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Anything that can bleed for a week and not die ain't right- - - - -and they let 'em fly airplanes?

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I hope it wasn’t a Boeing, that would be a bad combo.
If it’s a Boeing, I ain’t going.

"I was born in the log cabin I helped my grandfather build"
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I'll take a Boeing over an Airbus all day long....

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by jorgeI

I no longer feel that way. Too many problems at Boeing. Boeing has been going to chit ever since the merger with McDonnell Douglas.

And here comes China. Additional competition to Boeing.

THE MADE IN CHINA PLANE - CONTROVERSIAL COMAC 919
video posted to YouTube on Dec 9, 2023

China's first homegrown airliner makes global debut | REUTERS
video posted to YouTube on Feb 19, 2024
YouTube channel: Reuters

"Whose bright idea was it to put every idiot in the world in touch with every other idiot? It's working!" -- P. J. O'Rourke
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I didn’t know, so I had to google. Just the aircraft that fall under the 737 model, 529 aircraft accidents resulting in 5,779 deaths.
I don’t know how this compares to other aircraft.

"I was born in the log cabin I helped my grandfather build"
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by OldmanoftheSea

By the way, this took place 7 years ago. The Twitter poster neglected to mention that. I don't think the term "DEI" was being used back then.

Listen To Pilot's Epic Meltdown Before Plane Takes Off 2 Hours Late
video posted to YouTube on Feb 13, 2017
YouTube channel: Inside Edition

UA Pilot Removed After Bizarre Rant
video posted to YouTube on Feb 12, 2017
YouTube channel: KPIX | CBS NEWS BAY AREA

"Whose bright idea was it to put every idiot in the world in touch with every other idiot? It's working!" -- P. J. O'Rourke
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Bob, the only viable tool is to measure the actual mishap rate and it's pretty darned low. As a flier, Boeing has the right approach when it comes to pilot responsibility and cockpit management.

For example (just one), An Airbus' flight control will simply not allow a pilot to exceed (I believe) 30 degrees AOB, for they believe a commercial airliner should not EVER bank that aggressively, given G available, etc. Boeing on the other hand has no limitations in that regard, because ANY pilot worth s crap should be able INSTANTLY make the call as to whether his flight parameters will allow him to exceed that if it means ssay, avoiding a collision, etc. No question they have significant management issues as do ALL major companies and why? because DEI is driving the train, that is when I fly and I see either a female or a "minority" of any flavor on the flight deck, I'm all the more nervous if I'm not doing the flying..

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Bob, the only viable tool is to measure the actual mishap rate and it's pretty darned low. As a flier, Boeing has the right approach when it comes to pilot responsibility and cockpit management.

For example (just one), An Airbus' flight control will simply not allow a pilot to exceed (I believe) 30 degrees AOB, for they believe a commercial airliner should not EVER bank that aggressively, given G available, etc. Boeing on the other hand has no limitations in that regard, because ANY pilot worth s crap should be able INSTANTLY make the call as to whether his flight parameters will allow him to exceed that if it means ssay, avoiding a collision, etc. No question they have significant management issues as do ALL major companies and why? because DEI is driving the train, that is when I fly and I see either a female or a "minority" of any flavor on the flight deck, I'm all the more nervous if I'm not doing the flying..

jorge,

Thanks for the reply and info. You certainly know more about actually flying an aircraft than I do. (I'm not a pilot.) And especially about the differences in the control interface between the pilots and the aircraft.

My primary concern is about the quality control and the manufacturing process. Boeing has some major problems regrading this, IMHO. Heck, even the USAF has been having problems with their new KC-46 tankers (based on the Boeing 767 freighter).

I'm not concerned about female pilots just because they are female. I am concerned about under-qualified people potentially being in the cockpit due to the push for DEI.

How the KC-46 Pegasus became another 737 MAX for Boeing
BY VALIUS VENCKUNAS
2021-06-25
https://www.aerotime.aero/articles/28229-how-kc-46-pegasus-became-another-737-max

KC-46A tanker still has 6 category 1 deficiencies, but fixes are in the works: USAF official
By MICHAEL MARROW
on August 04, 2023 at 11:52 AM
https://breakingdefense.com/2023/08...ut-fixes-are-in-the-works-usaf-official/

Five Years Later, KC-46 Wing Refueling Pods Still Lack FAA Approval
Feb. 7, 2024 | By Greg Hadley
https://www.airandspaceforces.com/kc-46-wing-refueling-pods-lack-faa-approval/

Cheers! Bob smile

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by jorge
..... because DEI is driving the train.....

Alleged Insider says Boeing's woes are symptom of 'failure of our elites' and DEI ‘ripping our society apart’

An alleged insider argued modern business management pays tribute to 'DEI gods or the ESG gods' instead of actually leading

Boeing is 'in deep trouble': Bill George

Harvard Business School executive fellow Bill George reacts to criticism of the aircraft company due to recent plane issues on 'The Big Money Show.'

FOX Business - Read about it Here or watch the Video

Even if they started backtracking today, it would take many years to get back on track.

Last edited by SupFoo; 04/09/24.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
When flyng out of our airports, Pensacola, FT Walton, I must go to a larger hub airport to make non stop trans continental flights. Going to South America, I have seen some weird stuff in Texas, never forget landing only to find 1,000 flights cancelled, that was at Dallas and that was cute. Had the first crew get on board, sat there at the gate, that crew while sitting ran out of flight time, having never took off, and had to all be replaced. We sat at the gate in the plane, in our seats, for four full hours, every connecting flight was missed. Total SNAFU. On one flight got redirected in a violent thunder storm, to New Orleans, we landed sideways, damned good pilot, told her on my way out past the cockpit, Mam I don't land in a plane all that often but that was one great landing you made, I got my bags, rented a car and drove the rest of the way home to FL. At some point common sense must take over, If I do not have a chute, I get out at the next stop. No qualms about un-adzing a transport if things get hinkey.

Last edited by Rapier; 04/09/24.

“To expect defeat is nine-tenths of defeat itself. It becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy. It is best to plan for all eventualities then believe in success, and only cross the failure bridge if you come to it."
Francis Marion - The Swamp Fox
IC B3

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

Me too!

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Unhinged. See-ya.

I am finished flying. It’s become a fairly miserable experience. Last time this past January with a 7 am flight out of Minneapolis. Utter chaos with an Delta/airport employee chiding hundreds of people at baggage and check-in for being in the wrong lines. Yelling at people at 6am in the morning!

Boeing 757-300, full-up; aptly termed the “the Flying Pencil.”

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

I agree.

Fly on an Airbus 330, then a Boeing 787 or 777. I much prefer the Boeings.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'll bet she is a cop on her days off...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Regarding the Ethiopian Airlines 737 Max crash (2019?). I spoke with a pilot who said the crew of the 737 Max concentrated on fixing the anomaly code, scanning the manuals, rather than flying the plane. In his opinion, the pilots flew the plane into the ground. There was obviously a programming error with the plane, but there must have been a pilot training deficiency, they were more concerned with getting rid of the error code, rather than flying the plane.

Here is an Airbus that did the same thing.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'm getting tired of single aisle planes, especially now that they have classes. On a Westjet 737, they pull the curtain behind the privileged 12 passengers at the front. The front lavatory is now off limits. The rear two lavatories are shared between the remaing 160 passengers. As someone who has developed bladder problems, I hate that.

However, with jets like the 737 capable of flying further, and with current airline economics, we are going to be flying more on single aisle jets than ever before. Not passenger friendly on a 5-7 hour flight.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by BFaucett

jorge,

Thanks for the reply and info. You certainly know more about actually flying an aircraft than I do. (I'm not a pilot.) And especially about the differences in the control interface between the pilots and the aircraft.

My primary concern is about the quality control and the manufacturing process. Boeing has some major problems regrading this, IMHO. Heck, even the USAF has been having problems with their new KC-46 tankers (based on the Boeing 767 freighter).

I'm not concerned about female pilots just because they are female. I am concerned about under-qualified people potentially being in the cockpit due to the push for DEI.

How the KC-46 Pegasus became another 737 MAX for Boeing
BY VALIUS VENCKUNAS
2021-06-25
https://www.aerotime.aero/articles/28229-how-kc-46-pegasus-became-another-737-max

KC-46A tanker still has 6 category 1 deficiencies, but fixes are in the works: USAF official
By MICHAEL MARROW
on August 04, 2023 at 11:52 AM
https://breakingdefense.com/2023/08...ut-fixes-are-in-the-works-usaf-official/

Five Years Later, KC-46 Wing Refueling Pods Still Lack FAA Approval
Feb. 7, 2024 | By Greg Hadley
https://www.airandspaceforces.com/kc-46-wing-refueling-pods-lack-faa-approval/

Cheers! Bob smile

All valid points, except I'll disagree on females in the cockpit, but that's my issue smile. Regardless, the mishap rate per 100,000 hours is the gold standard. Witness the V-22 Osprey fiasco, that one will open your eyes.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Mentally ill millennial. There are millions.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by oldtrapper
And, then there's the airplane too, like Boeing.

Good reason to not live on the approach path...

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I quit flying period about 15 years ago when I got back from Africa the second time.
I thought!! They flew me to Billings in the end of Nov. because I was in to bad of shape to save locally so I guess never say never. Was over there Mon. and yesterday getting a pacemaker an defib implanted, but we drove there. Got home last night and found a Kimber MT in 25-06 on G. I. this AM and bought it.

Last edited by boatammo; 04/10/24.

MOLON LABE
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

84 members (007FJ, 35, 444Matt, 7mm_Loco, 6mmCreedmoor, 1_deuce, 11 invisible), 1,459 guests, and 804 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,370
Posts18,488,306
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.