Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
T
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
T
I'm taking a road trip later this year to terminate in the Denver area. Because I made the unfortunate decision to reside in an ABC state, I'm creating a whiskey fund to acquire a mixed case of whiskies that I can't obtain here or even in the small, free cities that are just outside the borders of my state. (Yeah, that's right. Instead of spending a bunch of money for a new gun, I'm buying whiskey.

What I'm looking for - if such exists - is the biggest good liquor store in the Denver metro area. This is what I mean by good:

1. A Great Wall of Scottish Single Malts - small distillers and independent bottlers that can't be found at the usual American liquor store.
2. A Great Wall of Craft American Whiskey - small distillers that can't be found at the usual American liquor store.
3. A spirits staff who personally know and love whiskey, and have actually tasted their good stuff.

Anyone with knowledge of the whiskey scene in Denver? I'd like to hear from you.

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Applejack on the west side of Town will have one of the best selections with respect to your 3 requirements. There quite a few boutique stores around town and if your looking for unique barrel selections they will have those, but none of them can beat Applejack for selection, availability, and price.

Also worth checking out:
Joy Wine and Spirits in Denver - near Cherry Creek

Sips in Denver - west of downtown in the Ptatte River shopping district

Foss in Downtown Golden

Last edited by DavidReed; 04/09/24.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I'm not a whiskey/whisky snob, actually think it's an annoying millennial trend, but to each his own. There are some big liquor stores in town that carry a good selection of all brands. Applejacks and Biggie are two, and they are reasonably priced. Most of their salespeople are pretty knowledgeable. I personally shop Costco.

T
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by Mountain10mm
I'm not a whiskey/whisky snob, actually think it's an annoying millennial trend, but to each his own.

Thanks for taking the time to reply. Boomer, here. Not millennial.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by DavidReed
Applejack on the west side of Town will have one of the best selections with respect to your 3 requirements. There quite a few boutique stores around town and if your looking for unique barrel selections they will have some but none of them really can beat Applejack for selection, availability, and price.

I agree with Applejack. West side of town right off the interstate highway. Selection good as any in town.

For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: "If a man will not work, he shall not eat."

2 Thessalonians 3:10
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Applejack is the place to go on the west side. Youngfield and 32nd.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Last edited by MickinColo; 04/09/24.
T
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
T
Well, then, I guess I'll be visiting Applejack's.

Thanks, guys. I figured some of you Colorado boys could help.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Dess
Originally Posted by DavidReed
Applejack on the west side of Town will have one of the best selections with respect to your 3 requirements. There quite a few boutique stores around town and if your looking for unique barrel selections they will have some but none of them really can beat Applejack for selection, availability, and price.

I agree with Applejack. West side of town right off the interstate highway. Selection good as any in town.

IMO Applejacks is the best in the Metro area. Great wine selection too.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
I can also recommend Applejack.

Bevy's a little further west, just off of C-470 is also good. I've found their folks very knowledgable.

LHS

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Without a doubt Heritage Wine & Liquor at Arapahoe and Quebec in Centennial, just south of DTC.

Before I sold my business and divested my home in Cherry Creek this had become pretty much the only liquor store I cared to visit...the only place in Metro Denver that consistently had Buffalo Trace products (from BT through Van Winkle Family) and higher shelf scotch in stock (up through Ardbeg 25ish, Highland Park 18ish and Oban 14ish for example.)

Heritage Wine & Liquor <===== LINK

You can no more tell someone how to do something you've never done, than you can come back from somewhere you've never been...
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Tipseys used to carry a lot of high end bourbon and Scotch

G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
I see Total Wine & More is in Denver.

Don't know about there, but here it's the place to beat.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 6MMWASP
Tipseys used to carry a lot of high end bourbon and Scotch

Tipseys is now called Bevy's. 🤷

LHS

T
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by Journeyman
Without a doubt Heritage Wine & Liquor at Arapahoe and Quebec in Centennial, just south of DTC.

This sounds promising. Thanks.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

559 members (12344mag, 06hunter59, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 1936M71, 160user, 1minute, 58 invisible), 2,496 guests, and 1,431 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,173
Posts18,484,607
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.