Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Longarm, I will answer that question for you. Fantastical and habitual lying, multiple user accounts, and threatening other forum members. That about sums it up. The same thing he does on this forum.

Last edited by sns2; 04/09/24.
GB1

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by sns2
Longarm, I will answer that question for you. Fantastical and habitual lying, multiple user accounts, and threatening other forum members. That about sums it up. The same thing he does on this forum.

Ohhhhh....... No bueno!

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Now, where were we.

Oh, that's right:

Great Long Range Hunting.

GR

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker

Here comes the Posse, am I surprised, no! lol

Of the Alberta Outdoorsman Posse, who troll me here, you are the biggest moron of them all.

Still killing calf moose? I will never forget your story of you killing that calf, then almost cutting your thumb off butchering it, a real champ you are. Why don't you post the pictures here so we can all get a big laugh.

Your moderating that site was the worst thing that ever happened to it, you and your posse destroyed AO, and you turned in a fun site to a ghost town, good job!

GFY

Last edited by KillerBee; 04/09/24.

KB

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
If being one of the moderators who booted you off under a dozen or so usernames makes me the wrecker of a forum, I wear that badge gladly.

You are right, I do shoot calf moose. It’s a draw here as you know. Surprising a self proclaimed meat hunter has a problem with taking a calf moose.

Anyhow, carry on with your stories.

IC B2

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Having guided elk hunters for over 20 years, it wouldn't be my first choice.
Not sure where Jim on Backfire gets his " experts" as that's pretty subjective when it comes to hunting.

I wound prefer a 300 Savage over MOST 270 loads myself.
I think a 30-06 is a step in the right direction.

There's not much i haven't seen the shot with

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
If being one of the moderators who booted you off under a dozen or so usernames makes me the wrecker of a forum, I wear that badge gladly.

You are right, I do shoot calf moose. It’s a draw here as you know. Surprising a self proclaimed meat hunter has a problem with taking a calf moose.

Anyhow, carry on with your stories.

You and your AO posse are really sick people, you are a lying sac of you know what, I know you gals really enjoy this. Pathetic.

Ya sure I know, there is a season for calves, but unlike you, I do not like killing babies, I prefer to hunt real moose.

Again show us some of your trophy calf moose, freak?

A dozen names, ya sure dumbfk!

Last edited by KillerBee; 04/09/24.

KB

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by KillerBee

Here comes the Posse, am I surprised, no! lol

Of the Alberta Outdoorsman Posse, who troll me here, you are the biggest moron of them all.

Still killing calf moose? I will never forget your story of you killing that calf, then almost cutting your thumb off butchering it, a real champ you are. Why don't you post the pictures here so we can all get a big laugh.

Your moderating that site was the worst thing that ever happened to it, you and your posse destroyed AO, and you turned in a fun site to a ghost town, good job!

GFY

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Did I miss something? I thought this stuff was supposed to be fun.???

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Originally Posted by pathfinder76
Really?

Ya lying lowlife, where's the physical threat?

Speaking of lying… you claim that you have no problem keeping all your archery shots inside 4” at 80yds, even though you don’t practice. Then the story changes to 50% hitting a quarter at 80yds… Yeah, ok. You can shoot your hunting bow better than the best archers in the world? You are a D’bag!

IC B3

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
And your 1/4” weatherby with factory ammo?!?! Lol

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Brad
Lol, I've known Pathfinder for over 20 years. He's forgotten more about elk hunting than you obviously know.
x2
Originally Posted by Brad
Hit them right with anything reasonable and they die. Use a rifle you can't shoot and it's a rodeo.
Couldnt agree more. At this point we've killed most of our elk with 708s and 6.5CMs. With a single rodeo/lost bull, due poor shot placement with a 338WM.

Originally Posted by Llama_Bob
I've seen more well-shot game lost with TSXs than any other premium bullet.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Like most things in life it’s important to actually try something, or have experience with something, before giving recommendations. The 270 Winchester will kill elk handily. Big Elk. At long range. I killed the bull on the right at 560 yards with a 270 shooting 130gr TSX’s. He took two steps and collapsed. Is there something that would have worked better? Not in this case.

Coincidentally the one on the left was killed with a 280 AI and 140 TTSX’s. 10 grains more bullet at the same speed. Hmmmm.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

What a bull!

Semper Fi
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I read that. But you haven’t shot an elk with any rifle. How can you have an opinion? On any cartridge?

And no, I’m not posting them after the physical threats that came from you via PM. No thanks.

Yes I have Dumbkf 2, the other I killed was with a bow.

Now can we see a picture of you with an elk that you have killed in the field? Since you have killed so many with your .270, that should not be a problem!

Not only are you a troll, you are a Liar and a coward, I never physically threatened you EVER!

We know that you never have and never will post a picture of yourself, you have the same MO on every forum you troll.

Not trying to stir the pot but don’t you dote on an 06 with 180 grain Power Points? In what world would a 270 with a decent bullet be any less effective? In my head condemning the 270 with decent bullets is putting all of the 06 based rounds about in the same league.

270’s have worked fine in our elk camp.

Semper Fi
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
That Enfield shoots those 180 PPs harder than our guns.

All the elk I've taken have been with a 270 and I don't know how they could have died any better.

I think the 270 is an outstanding elk cartridge at typical ranges and it's been proven time and time again by lots of folks.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I have been rather impressed with the .270 and specifically with the 150 hot-cor on elk, and red deer for that matter. A handful of 130s certainly haven’t been lacking…

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by beretzs
I read that. But you haven’t shot an elk with any rifle. How can you have an opinion? On any cartridge?

And no, I’m not posting them after the physical threats that came from you via PM. No thanks.

Yes I have Dumbkf 2, the other I killed was with a bow.

Now can we see a picture of you with an elk that you have killed in the field? Since you have killed so many with your .270, that should not be a problem!

Not only are you a troll, you are a Liar and a coward, I never physically threatened you EVER!

We know that you never have and never will post a picture of yourself, you have the same MO on every forum you troll.

Not trying to stir the pot but don’t you dote on an 06 with 180 grain Power Points? In what world would a 270 with a decent bullet be any less effective? In my head condemning the 270 with decent bullets is putting all of the 06 based rounds about in the same league.

270’s have worked fine in our elk camp.

Again, I never condemmed the .270, my comment was that the .300 Win Mag is the preferred choice of Elk Hunters. I know that the .270 is a very popular rifle for deer, and I know that it is a preferred caliber for Women because of a lighter recoil.

Backfire did an online poll of Elk hunters called "10 Best Cartridges for Elk: Voted by the experts!" I posted it earlier. Here is a snapshot of his poll, where by his account a total of 3700 elk taken by 250 participants with many Elk Guides included.

As you can see the the .300 Win Mag came in as #1 by far, so it isn't just me who shares my opinion, the .30-06 came in as #6 .270 came in at #9

So why are all of these expert Elk hunters, which I am not one of, choosing the .300 Win Mag over other calibers? He never went into that.

As for your question: In what world would a .270 with a decent bullet be any less effective?

ABSOLUTELY NONE! Why do I say that? Well because I have been bow hunting since 1984 and It's all about SHOT PLACEMENT, if you put a .270 in the boiler room of any big game animal, at their effective ranges, well you have a dead animal.

Simple Really!

Poll

Why I have never considered buying a .270? For several simple reasons.

The first reason is that like many here I am a big .30 Cal fan. I am not a rifle collector, so I have only purchased 2 rifles in my hunting career and these are them.

Browning Mountain Ti in .300 WSM

Weatherby Mark V Ultra Lightweight in .300 Win Mag

I Shoot Premium Factory Nosler Trophy Grade ALBR's in 190 Gr. when I hunt with it.

The rifle I have been shooting moose and deer with for decades is a M1917 and every moose and deer I have shot with it either dropped dead in their tracks, or were dead on their feet and only made it a few yards.

The vast majority (+90%) of the shoots I take on game where I hunt, are within 300 yards, with the vast majority of these shots being under 200 yards.

My Sporterized M1917, is a very unique and beautiful rifle, in fact there is only 1 like it on this planet and it's pretty cool as far as rifles go.

This is it.

I purchased the .300 WSM and .300 Win Mag, because where I hunt and see Elk, they are typically out there, further than I like to shoot my M1917 .30-06, in it's current configuration.

So, why should I buy a .270?

Well I don't because I have all the bases covered for my needs, with the preferred calibers of the vast majority of Expert Elk Hunters.

I trust I have answered your question.

Cheers ~

PS: Almost forgot, in terms of alwaysindoors concept of what I look like. Here is a picture of me with one of my x's.

Last edited by KillerBee; 04/10/24.

KB

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by T_Inman
I have been rather impressed with the .270 and specifically with the 150 hot-cor on elk, and red deer for that matter. A handful of 130s certainly haven’t been lacking…

I killed five elk with five different cartridges, up to .375-8 Rem Mag with Nosler Partition 300 grain at 2,800 feet per second. The fastest kill was with 7mm Barnes 130 TTSX at 3,200 fps. All shots were behind the shoulder.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
P
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
P
PS: Almost forgot, in terms of alwaysindoors concept of what I look like. Here is a picture of me with one of my x's.

Well that escalated quickly.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
😂

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

482 members (1Longbow, 204guy, 17CalFan, 160user, 1_deuce, 12344mag, 59 invisible), 2,469 guests, and 1,279 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,987
Posts18,481,033
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.