viking Online Content OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
V

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That's a very crowded market to crack. Assuming street prices being a bit below MSRP, you could be into one for less than $400. If they work, that's a great price for a USA made service pistol.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Looks similar to the PSA dagger.

A bowhunter at heart but a gun guy at soul. I'll take craftsmanship, wood and blue steel over plastic and composite any day.
V
viking Online Content OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
V
A friend bought one, but I haven’t heard a shooting report.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
Looks interesting.

IC B2

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Hopefully it works out better than the Hudson H9. I know it has come back this year since IP was bought by Daniel Defense, but what a sheit show that was 7 years ago.

Edit - Just watched TFB video on new one, DD redesigned everything. They did it right…

Welcome to TN - patron state of shootin’ stuff
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Good reviews so far. I haven’t touched one yet though

Originally Posted By: slumlord

people that text all day get on my nerves

just knowing that people are out there with that ability,....just makes me wanna punch myself in the balls
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I'm thinking one of those just may find it's way to Michigan soon.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
One of the founders dad is the ceo of Springfield arms I believe. There's something about it in the new shooting times.

Bb

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
That's a very crowded market to crack. Assuming street prices being a bit below MSRP, you could be into one for less than $400. If they work, that's a great price for a USA made service pistol.

At current prices (assuming $408.99) to be deemed good value it would have to last through about 6597 rounds w/o part replacement when standard 9mm loads are used. This means that if it functions for YouTube "experts" it will be ok for most of you.

IC B3

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Why? Answer to a question no one asked.

Last edited by jackmountain; 04/11/24.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Bro, just takes an extra click: "....a minority Veteran, female-owned company...."🥰The bottom line there is another competitor on the market which is good.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Looks pretty good, especially the sights, but I don’t see anything compelling. They better get them into the hands of the big YT reviewers pronto if they want to make a quick splash. There’s a risk to that if anything’s not up to snuff.

One obvious fault IMO is that ambi mag release. Looks like you could end up with a single shot pretty easily……

What fresh Hell is this?
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I wish it were hammered, SA/DA and had a tactile feel loaded chamber indicator. Seems like everything is striker fired these days. It's hard to beat the crispness of a SA (cocked hammer) when first shot accuracy counts.

One of my favorite carry pistols ever is a Sig P230. SA/DA, chamber indicator, decocker, thin and incredibly accurate for a small pistol (maybe due to the fixed barrel straight blowback design). If someone was to refine that pistol by going to 9mm and trimming some weight, I think you'd really have something unique.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C

I don’t see anything indicating that they are US made. They use the expression “Dallas TX-based” which is consistent with attempts by a lot of companies to convey the impression that their stuff is US made when it’s not. Most of the time if stuff is actually US made the company makes it very, very, clear, given the prevailing attitude of the firearms consumers base.

Mathew 22: 37-39

P
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
P
Originally Posted by Slavek
Bro, just takes an extra click: "....a minority Veteran, female-owned company...."🥰The bottom line there is another competitor on the market which is good.
Yes, I read that too. That sentence turned me against ever considering buying one.... Joe

Doing the right thing is not always the easiest thing. It still needs doing..
L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
If you look on the latest page on the website it says made in Dallas Texas.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by limofarm

Not exactly. It's almost identical to the Arex Delta (made in Slovenia) and the say on their website that Arex is a "design partner" and provides parts. When it was reviewed on The Firearms Blog (TFB) they state down near the end of the review that it's a good value "..given that this handgun is made (or at least primarily assembled) in the USA..."

If this gun were actually Made in USA, they would come right out and say it (like PSA and everyone else who actually manufactures their guns in the US.) Instead they dance around the issue with vague statements that can easily be interpreted as "Made in USA." The statement on their website that says "..made in US firearms manufacturing companyz' is actually stating that the company is "made in USA", not necessarily the products.

Companies have all sorts of sleazy marketing speak that conveys the impression that their stuff is US made when it's not. I have no problem buying foreign made guns, I just don't light it when some outfit tries to gaslight their consumers. Also, touting the "woman/minority/veteran" owed business puts me off. I don't give a schitt about the gender, ethnicity, veteran status or any other demographics of the company ownership, just how good a value is their product? How well does it work? I find it a little bit insulting that they think we are so stupid as to prefer a product because the company is owned by a woman/minority/veteran or whatever.

Shouldn't let this stuff bother me, I guess, but I'm old and cranky.

Mathew 22: 37-39

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by cra1948
Originally Posted by limofarm

Not exactly. It's almost identical to the Arex Delta (made in Slovenia) and the say on their website that Arex is a "design partner" and provides parts. When it was reviewed on The Firearms Blog (TFB) they state down near the end of the review that it's a good value "..given that this handgun is made (or at least primarily assembled) in the USA..."

If this gun were actually Made in USA, they would come right out and say it (like PSA and everyone else who actually manufactures their guns in the US.) Instead they dance around the issue with vague statements that can easily be interpreted as "Made in USA." The statement on their website that says "..made in US firearms manufacturing companyz' is actually stating that the company is "made in USA", not necessarily the products.

Companies have all sorts of sleazy marketing speak that conveys the impression that their stuff is US made when it's not. I have no problem buying foreign made guns, I just don't light it when some outfit tries to gaslight their consumers. Also, touting the "woman/minority/veteran" owed business puts me off. I don't give a schitt about the gender, ethnicity, veteran status or any other demographics of the company ownership, just how good a value is their product? How well does it work? I find it a little bit insulting that they think we are so stupid as to prefer a product because the company is owned by a woman/minority/veteran or whatever.

Shouldn't let this stuff bother me, I guess, but I'm old and cranky.

I agree completely, but also find any Springfield Armory connection a deal killer. SA has no connection to the original military SA but continue to advertise connections with stuff like "defend your legacy, 1778."

The original Armory was closed for 6 years when a TX-based company company changed its name and literally committed stolen Valor. Their incredibly stupid Anti-2A acts in Illinois should be enough to stop anyone from having anything to do with them. Rock River Arms was in the mess, also.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

At current prices (assuming $408.99) to be deemed good value it would have to last through about 6597 rounds w/o part replacement when standard 9mm loads are used. This means that if it functions for YouTube "experts" it will be ok for most of you.

Justf ucking amazing how your eastern bloc dialect comes and goes on a whim.

FJB & FJT
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

722 members (16gage, 160user, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 16Racing, 10Glocks, 74 invisible), 2,603 guests, and 1,358 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,843
Posts18,478,259
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.