Hop To
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
A
Alan_C Online Content OP
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
A
Seems like regular topic on the news. I would like to see more shop classes . I discovered matching when I was about 30 years old. I was never exposed to it in school. Looking back I may have went that route. I remember the first time I ran a metal lathe. A guy I knew had a worn out 8 inch South Bend . My first real lathe was a South Bend 9x24 workshop model with change gears. I miss that lathe. It was quiet. Your thoughts???

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Abolish the teachers unions so that the losers/slackers/schittheads/worthless ones can be summarily fired on the spot and their state credentials canceled for their incompetence.

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Quit lying to the children and teach the truth.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Our school district has a post secondary vocational school. It has welding in which the kids will be certified by graduation, metal works that pertains to lathes, cnc, machining,and everything possible to do with a machine shop. It has a automotive training shop that competes in Hot rods of America every year, Also a building trades class that deals with carpentry, electrical, plumbing, and actual building, forensic investigation class, nursing in which they have a high rate nursing classes and robotics.
With that being said if the federal government would stay out of public schools business in most areas they would be better.

E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
Get rid of the phaaguts and pedos to start they have no biz being involved w kids

IC B2

bcp Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I heard a school principal say it wasn't hard to get rid of the poor teachers. Just carefully follow the steps in the teacher contract and document everything.

Bruce

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by gonehuntin
Abolish the teachers unions so that the losers/slackers/schittheads/worthless ones can be summarily fired on the spot and their state credentials canceled for their incompetence.

This already is in effect in Arkansas! Accountability and with the learns act non renewal can happen instantly!

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Get rid of tenure. A teacher should be able to be fired easier if they are not good at their job. Maybe give bonus' to teachers who have good outcomes with their student such as consistently good grades that can be checked over, so they are just not giving out "A"s to get the bonus.

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Ringman
Quit lying to the children and teach the truth.

Ha, most Fire guys can't handle the Truth. wink

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
bcp Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Administrators and counselors can drive out a good teacher they don't like by loading their classes with all the problem students. And the reverse. That needs to be fixed, too.

Bruce

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Also do away with the Department of Education . We got too much government running things.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
The biggest problem in schools that I can think of is the no child left behind law that was forced by one of our ex presidents. A teacher can’t actually teach anymore because of the kids that don’t want to be in class takes up all of the time of trying to get passed and good kids can’t learn like they use too. Kids can’t be disciplined anymore mostly because of government and parents. You can’t even physically break up a fight anymore because if you try to separate them physically then you are held accountable. The government basically wants you to put your body between the two fighting and stand there as a wall or a punching bag!
Any other questions? Try teaching for a day and you will get behind a screen again and apologize!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I’d downsize it. Tremendously. Right now, it’s an industry in and of itself. It has Jack Schit to do with the kids. The kids are simply a means to make money for the industry.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Have a squad that goes door to door slapping parents for raising their kids like that.

Pay kids for legitimately passing advanced classes. If a kid could pay for new wheels for his ride by passing advanced calculus, half the friggin school would be taking and passing advanced calculus. Might work out more cost-effective than all the other money we throw at education.

As posted here, move education in the trades front and center

As in my sig line get rid of the continuing feminization of education. Teach these young men to be men.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
A
Alan_C Online Content OP
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by Buck720

This already is in effect in Arkansas! Accountability and with the learns act non renewal can happen instantly!
Hey Buck, would you know the graduation percentage in the 12th grade. I am impressed of the classes offered in your area.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Abolish the federal department of education.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by Alan_C
Originally Posted by Buck720

Hey Buck, would you know the graduation percentage in the 12th grade. I am impressed of the classes offered in your area.
The average is 90-94%

A
Alan_C Online Content OP
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
A
Sounds good Buck !! California has the highest amount of homeless and the most dropouts and the government officials cannot connect the dots!!!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
- Sunset the NEA.
- Make Teachers At-Risk Employees.
- All ethnic/sexual/activist classes are dropped.
- Junk = sex, and the confused transferred to a mental institution.
- "willful defiance" - is automatic expulsion.
- Shooting education/sports are reintroduced.
- Civics - is reinstalled in place of Social Studies.
- Grades on a strict 10-percentage point scale.
- All tests are closed book and fill-in-the-blank/essay.
- Home Work - is done at Home.
- a < 50% Failed class is repeated.
- Three or more failed classes, or any repeat class, and the student is sent to trade school for a year.
- Two failing Semesters and they are kept at trade school.
- All core High School classes are taught in Middle School to 8th Grade.
- High School is not mandatory.

For starters.

GR

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy
Abolish the federal department of education.
Winner winner !! Been going backwards ever since it was established

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

272 members (10ring1, 1_deuce, 12savage, 204guy, 12344mag, 16gage, 32 invisible), 2,369 guests, and 1,276 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,501
Posts18,490,488
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.