-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
31yo (??) American woman of Dominican heritage, has a knack for making no bs motorcycle videos. 5’4”, rides some cool bikes.

Worth a look…..

Last edited by Birdwatcher; 04/10/24.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
GB1

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
👍

if a man speaks, and there isn't a woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I had never seen her before. Pretty good stuff.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Good video, thanks for sharing

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Yeah, there's the bike shows, races, vendors, people watching etc. Good pastimes.

But the great part is the ride through places she mentions, plus a few more. Devils tower & Custer State Park for instance.

IC B2

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Yeah, there's the bike shows, races, vendors, people watching etc. Good pastimes.

But the great part is the ride through places she mentions, plus a few more. Devils tower & Custer State Park for instance.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by gunzo

You can say that again!

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
She sure pumps out a lot o' videos... with precious little content. Sure, she's cute, but she doesn't have much to pull interest aside from the comparative rarity of a human with her plumbing being interested in piloting motorcycles. JMHO.

I prefer sites like Fortnine: lots of info., well presented:

FC

"Every day is a holiday, and every meal is a banquet."

- Mrs. FC
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
That was a very cool video... And she's right - it's the roads, baby... smile

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You ever been out there, Mike?
In ‘17, early June, Penny and I were on our way to Culbertson MT where she was gonna spend the summer working as a Travel Nurse in the Hospital.
We stopped off in Sturgis, looked around a little, and were gonna spend the night and see Mount Rushmore the next day. Then head on to Culbertson the day after that. Neither of us knew about Custer State Park, but being a history nerd, I was aware of The Black Hills and it significance to the Lakota. We got up at 6 and had a continental breakfast, and headed for Rushmore.
We rubbernecked around there for a little bit, but I was mostly looking away at those wonderful granite peaks in the distance!😀 I even said to Penny; “these people are looking at the wrong attraction!”
We drove around CSP and Needles Highway and just fell in love with the place. I kept telling her, “No wonder the Indians think this place is sacred! If I was God, this is where I’d live too!”😎
Luckily we had padded our schedule and we weren’t due in Culbertson for another 4 days or so, so we stayed there for another 3 day’s checking out PCS and the wonderful Paha Sapa and the critters residing there before we headed up to Belle Forche in ND..
Even took a bag of apples along for the panhandling donkeys!😀
Coming home in late September, we spent another 5 days there. I wish we’d had another week because all the cowboys were unloading horses and ATVs to round up the Buff in the park! (Every fall they auction off some calves to maintain the balance of the herd) (I believe 5,000)
We spent a week in Cody WY for Yellowstone Park and 5 days apiece at Glacier NP and Roosevelt NP, but I gotta say, that CSP and the Black Hills were one of our biggest highlights.
It’s truly breathtaking, and I think that tower on MT Harney is the absolute top of the world!
If God made anything more beautiful, I think He kept it for Himself!!!!
Edited to add, this is another reason of why I admire GA Custer! Could you imagine getting to explore that area in1874? Dying at 36 doesn’t sound so bad after seeing that!😀
Reon

Last edited by 7mmbuster; 04/11/24.

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I forgot they changed the Name of it to honor “Black Elk”.
Thunder Mountain is pretty near the Badlands NP. That’s where they’re doing all the cutting and blasting, turning it into a statue of Crazy Horse. From what I’ve read, there are no known photos of Crazy Horse, nobody is sure what he looked like.
And I don’t believe the Lakota are that impressed by a statue of anybody. I think most of them would rather keep Thunder Mountain as The Great Spirit’s original design!
Anyway, if you ain’t never been up to that tower…
BlackElk Peak
I don’t think these pictures do it justice!
Reon

Last edited by 7mmbuster; 04/11/24.

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I had never heard about here until Birdwatcher created this thread. I just watched a few of her videos. Most are very well produced. You can certainly see improvement over the years. As YT videos go, she doesn't have any annoying quirks that seem so pervasive in the YT industry. Her stuff is somewhat superficial and meandering, but that's okay. It's her style and it makes it more interesting. I like that she shows her human side. She makes mistakes, leave gear behind and is less than perfect. She mixes in mild doses of glamour and theatrics. I probably won't watch anymore after my morning viewing session, but she rates a pretty good from me.

jar Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I think she is an idiot, lots of half azz info and stays on the negative side too much for me. but she is cute enough to get people to look at her videos

teach your children well , ride hard, shoot straight, be involved!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jar
I think she is an idiot, lots of half azz info and stays on the negative side too much for me. but she is cute enough to get people to look at her videos

You have just described the career path of most people on TV!

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Thanks for the write up 7mm. All I’ve done is driven by/driven through the Devil’s Tower/Black Hills area.

I did have reason to visit South Dakota as Sturgis was just getting started that year. Sturgis-bound traffic obvious as far away as Dallas, “Welcome Bikers” signs as far away as Grand Island NB, a whole State away. From the top of Bear Butte just outside of Sturgis lines of inbound Harleys like ants in the distance. Phenomenal.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by jar

Half azz info? To each their own. I found the advice and facts she puts out to be spot-on. She’s making motorcycles accessible to newbies and/or women who prob’ly wouldn’t consider it…

She speaks well, has an interesting background, doesn’t hurt either that she’s easy on the eyes.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
I did have reason to visit South Dakota as Sturgis was just getting started that year. Sturgis-bound traffic obvious as far away as Dallas, “Welcome Bikers” signs as far away as Grand Island NB, a whole State away.
Heck that’s nothing!
When I got outta the Army from Ft Lewis WA,, I started east on I90. Saw signs for Wall Drug in WA, Wall Drug’s in SD! I think the first one we saw headed to MT, was in Wisconsin!😀
“650 miles to Wall Drug!”
I believe they started giving away free ice water to travelers in the 1930s!
Wall Drug Store
Other than the Army, I had never really been more than a couple hundred miles from home. I saw these places through the window of a truck, but I’d have died content here at home because I wasn’t aware of them.
I still love Pennsylvania, but I hope I can get back out to the Dakotas and Montana again. Now that I know what I’m missing, it’s difficult to be content!😀
Reon

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

74 members (257robertsimp, 7mm_Loco, 14idaho, 10gaugemag, 15 invisible), 1,239 guests, and 764 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,868
Posts18,478,684
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.