Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
She will lead the WNBA in scoring her rookie season.!

BOOK IT !!!

Due to the increased price of ammo, don't expect a warning shot...

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Caitlin Clark is a national treasure.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I have been an interested watcher of women's college basketball for 20+ years. I have a few thoughts to share. When I first started watching women's basketball, I was impressed with the way that it was played, which was totally different from the men's game - skill and finesse were the norm instead of brute force. This has been changing, and I do not like that. I also do not like whining and disrespect of officials. Clark has amazing talent and did indeed break all sorts of records in both women's and men's basketball. The rest of the story there is that she broke those records against women's teams.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
If not for the lady's we would not be here.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
I haven't ever watched a women's basketball game and I've watched 2 of hers this year.
She will play next year, too big of a chip on her shoulder not too.
Unfortunately it's not a great career choice. Only money is in endorsement contracts.

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

IC B2

JOG Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 5sdad
I have been an interested watcher of women's college basketball for 20+ years. I have a few thoughts to share. When I first started watching women's basketball, I was impressed with the way that it was played, which was totally different from the men's game - skill and finesse were the norm instead of brute force. This has been changing, and I do not like that. I also do not like whining and disrespect of officials. Clark has amazing talent and did indeed break all sorts of records in both women's and men's basketball. The rest of the story there is that she broke those records against women's teams.

Years ago, a local sportswriter got in trouble for calling women's basketball "synchronized standing". I like the women's game of today and so does that sportswriter. The game has a good balance of skill and athleticism, along with a healthy dose of Good vs. Evil. It reminds me of the NBA of the '80's.

Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense.
Robert Frost
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Calvin
Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by steve4102
She’s a he

Then her boyfriend must be a homo?

Why are people surprised when Stevie says something stupid? That's about a 5x a day occurrence for him.

Believe me, I wasn't surprised.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by papat
Now if Caitlan was black it would be a whole different story.

Sure. The truth of the matter is the only reason the numbers were what the were is because she is white. Very few if any media people will admit that. The South Carolina team was very talented and destined to win. No one was watching South Carolina outside of the faithful fans of SC. Next year the numbers will go right back to what they were.

I can't say I watched that closely, but did have the TV on two games this year, which is two games more than I did in the last 10+ years.

Don't just be a survivor, be a competitor.
M
MMM Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Man all you old hardlegs have drank the KoolAid on Caitlyn Clark. Do you actually watch womens basketball?

Amazing talent, hardly. She is a fair 3-point shooter, OK, I guess. In fact she was 55th in womens college basketball 3-point FG percentage this season. And #203 in career 3-point percentage. She is strictly a volume proposition. Throw up a ton of shots and some of them will go in. But not among the best in the game. Nowhere near.

Otherwise you really can't call her a basketball player at all. She is a volume shooter, is all.

She does not handle the ball well and is frequently very careless with it, opponents steal the ball away from her fairly easily. A fair amount of her offensive production comes from being allowed to push off and shove defensive players whenever she wants, to get open. If she were called for her push-offs she would have fouled out by halftime of most of her games the last two seasons.

Expects a foul to be called every time she touches the ball and does not get a basket.

Is a non-presence on defense and hardly ever goes hard after a rebound or boxes anybody out, the only times she gets a rebound is if the ball bounces directly onto her hands.

Yes, she will make millions from the game, due to all the sheep swallowing the media hype.

Much was made of her passing Pete Maravich's all-time scoring record. What she did does not in any way, shape, form or fashion compare to what Pistol Pete accomplished. She does share a record with him though - number of national championships she led her team to, ZERO. FOr all the big points they poured into the basket, the holes in the rest of their game ultimately did their teams fairly little good in terms of a championship.

"Generational talent," "Amazing player," PLEASE.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Grandson's girlfriend has her autograph.

IC B3

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Don't compare, they are both great.

A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Don't compare, they are both great.
Give them all trophies, pastor missy!

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by MMM
Man all you old hardlegs have drank the KoolAid on Caitlyn Clark. Do you actually watch womens basketball?

Amazing talent, hardly. She is a fair 3-point shooter, OK, I guess. In fact she was 55th in womens college basketball 3-point FG percentage this season. And #203 in career 3-point percentage. She is strictly a volume proposition. Throw up a ton of shots and some of them will go in. But not among the best in the game. Nowhere near.

Otherwise you really can't call her a basketball player at all. She is a volume shooter, is all.

She does not handle the ball well and is frequently very careless with it, opponents steal the ball away from her fairly easily. A fair amount of her offensive production comes from being allowed to push off and shove defensive players whenever she wants, to get open. If she were called for her push-offs she would have fouled out by halftime of most of her games the last two seasons.

Expects a foul to be called every time she touches the ball and does not get a basket.

Is a non-presence on defense and hardly ever goes hard after a rebound or boxes anybody out, the only times she gets a rebound is if the ball bounces directly onto her hands.

Yes, she will make millions from the game, due to all the sheep swallowing the media hype.

Much was made of her passing Pete Maravich's all-time scoring record. What she did does not in any way, shape, form or fashion compare to what Pistol Pete accomplished. She does share a record with him though - number of national championships she led her team to, ZERO. FOr all the big points they poured into the basket, the holes in the rest of their game ultimately did their teams fairly little good in terms of a championship.

You missed the point of this thread. It's not about how great she is. It's about the number of viewers that watched her game and how that compares to the men's and the historical average. Doesn't really matter if you like her or not, but the amount of interest in HER was huge. And it was about her, not womens basketball. Next year the numbers will go right back to being a non event.

M
MMM Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
There were a few of them polishing her knob in the middle of the thread, but overall I will admit you are correct. I just have not seen much substance to back up all the fuss.

And I do agree about the ratings and interest next season.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by MMM
There were a few of them polishing her knob in the middle of the thread, but overall I will admit you are correct. I just have not seen much substance to back up all the fuss.

And I do agree about the ratings and interest next season.

I personally don't like modern basketball, but I'm just old. Every time they carry the ball and walk I just yell at the TV.

U
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
U
She raises the level of her teams players because she passes like a Larry Bird.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by MMM

Very hard to argue with any of that.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
F
Campfire Outfitter
Online Shocked
Campfire Outfitter
F
I have watched exactly two Womens Basketball games. Both because of her and her squad.

Tiarasi or whatever her name is sounded like an old, scorned jealous b!tch.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by verg
He's not wrong. SC should have an asterisk by its win cuz it has a man on the team. BS
Which member of the SC team are you referring to?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by verg
He's not wrong. SC should have an asterisk by its win cuz it has a man on the team. BS
Which member of the SC team are you referring to?
Originally Posted by shrapnel
You can put me with the other 350,000,000 Americans that didn’t watch her…
Well thanks a lot for not supporting an exceptional WHITE athlete.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

624 members (16penny, 12344mag, 17CalFan, 1beaver_shooter, 06hunter59, 160user, 63 invisible), 2,361 guests, and 1,307 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,137
Posts18,484,034
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.