Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Ya'll get rich on gold... What percent is your net worth is in gold?

Conduct is the best proof of character.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Don't be a party pooper Ed. Just cash out and get into gold. When the fiat scam comes crashing down you can ball out and buy Big Macs and TVs with Krugerrands!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I haven’t stepped foot in a Big Mac in 30 years. ARRRGGGHHHH I’m an old twat on a web forum.

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by hillestadj
Don't be a party pooper Ed. Just cash out and get into gold. When the fiat scam comes crashing down you can ball out and buy Big Macs and TVs with Krugerrands!

New 2022 Porsche 718 Boxster GTS in coming. 2017 Boxster S sold today. It ain't hard...

Conduct is the best proof of character.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by EdM
Ya'll get rich on gold... What percent is your net worth is in gold?

I'm close to 10% in bullion. Probably a little less just depending on what I figure my rental property and home is worth.i was trying to get more before the prices went up. My goal was always to get to 10% of assets in bullion.

If I was smart I would have kept more money in stocks but took most of it out when Biden stole the office. I realize now that the dow tracks federal spending more than about anything. If I'd have realized that then I'd have stayed heavy in stocks. I keep getting tempted to get back in but I'm waiting for some kind of correction first. I almost went back in in October when the dow dropped to 32 k. Woulda coulda should.

I'm just struggling to be brave when the fundamentals are so bad. I just need to remember that main street and wall street are totally different. Those that don't do gold what is you're backup parachute?

Bb

IC B2

79S Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by EdM
Originally Posted by hillestadj

New 2022 Porsche 718 Boxster GTS in coming. 2017 Boxster S sold today. It ain't hard...

Pard you rolling deep in social security cash. Dang a Porsche boxster? Us non earning social security check guys are driving a 78 ford ltd.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Never owned gold or silver. Never will. "It's the most expensive it's ever been! Buy!" Does that make sense to ANYbody?

Tell you what. If the system ever crashes, you can buy a can of beans from me with 10 pounds of your metal. Or you can eat the gold, take your pick.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
Never owned gold or silver. Never will. "It's the most expensive it's ever been! Buy!" Does that make sense to ANYbody?

Tell you what. If the system ever crashes, you can buy a can of beans from me with 10 pounds of your metal. Or you can eat the gold, take your pick.
Setting aside that no one is talking about an EOTWAWKI scenario, were that to happen, what makes you think that those with a little gold and/or silver don't also have food/water/guns, etc.. Also, history speaks against your fictional scenario where gold and silver are nearly worthless when a civilization, and its fiat monetary system, collapses. Quite the opposite has always been the case. For example, at the height of the Weimar hyper inflation, anyone with a handful of gold coins could purchase entire city blocks in Germany, so strong was the hunger there for real money.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

Setting aside that no one is talking about an EOTWAWKI scenario, were that to happen, what makes you think that those with a little gold and/or silver don't also have food/water/guns, etc.. Also, history speaks against your fictional scenario where gold and silver are nearly worthless when a civilization, and its fiat monetary system, collapses. Quite the opposite has always been the case. For example, at the height of the Weimar hyper inflation, anyone with a handful of gold coins could purchase entire city blocks in Germany, so strong was the hunger there for real money.

Last 5 years gold and silver is up roughly 83%, that's a 16.5% yearly average, and the dollar hasn't collapsed. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Yet

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by mirage243

Last 5 years gold and silver is up roughly 83%, that's a 16.5% yearly average, and the dollar hasn't collapsed. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Yet

Gold and silver are not up, the dollar is just down and it takes more dollars to buy an ounce.

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
IC B3

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R

Absolutely. Its called momentum trading/investing/betting whatever you prefer, and its been around forever. Buy high and sell higher is almost as well known as "buy low sell high". The late William O' Neill of Investor's Business Daily made it famous.

Like any other approach to speculative markets, it works sometimes.

Last edited by RJY66; 04/11/24.

"Men must be governed by God or they will be ruled by tyrants". --- William Penn

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Terryk
Up $34.00 today already.

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Creeping up towards $2,400.00 now. Silver threatening $30.00.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

I always laugh when I read stuff like this.

First off, I have my own beans, thank you very much. smile

Gold has been money for millenia. Even J.P. Morgan said "only Gold is money, everything else is credit". The dollar is not money. It is currency...it is a debt note issued by a bank. If you bother to look at history, you will see Gold is a highly liquid asset.

What do you think the central bankers around the world are hoarding? Yeah, Gold. They are dumping dollars and buying Gold.

While the West burns, the East and South are buying Gold.

All Fiat currencies die. The dollar has already lost 99% of its purchasing power vs Gold, just since I became a teenager.

So you go ahead and put all your faith in the dollar. Be my guest. I only keep 25% of my net worth in dollars because the trend is not our friend.

USMC 0351

We know the price of everything and the value of nothing.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Ramsey is an idiot on the topic of gold and silver.
I used to listen to Ramsey. He is big on being debt free which is a wonderful idea. I don't quite get the complete dismissal of precious metal. Another thing I couldn't quite understand was his objection to buying ETFs instead of mutual funds and his insistence on hiring a financial advisor (from his approved list of course).

There are some good ETFs that track the Russell, or the S&P for the unadventurous. My wife and I both have some of that. I have about 12% in gold and silver mining ETFs because I don't trust the physical metal funds. I bought 200 shares of EIS an Israel ETF that crashed back in October thinking that Israel stocks would rebound, and they did. I bought GUSH a 2X leveraged oil fund in March of 2020 for around $4 and now it's $43.51 today. But I've managed to buy some dogs that lost money also.

All in all I bet we've done as well as a financial adviser would have done because we take chances that an adviser never would, and we aren't wealthy enough for an adviser to worry himself about too much.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Tarbe

I always laugh when I read stuff like this.

First off, I have my own beans, thank you very much. smile

Gold has been money for millenia. Even J.P. Morgan said "only Gold is money, everything else is credit". The dollar is not money. It is currency...it is a debt note issued by a bank. If you bother to look at history, you will see Gold is a highly liquid asset.

What do you think the central bankers around the world are hoarding? Yeah, Gold. They are dumping dollars and buying Gold.

While the West burns, the East and South are buying Gold.

All Fiat currencies die. The dollar has already lost 99% of its purchasing power vs Gold, just since I became a teenager.

So you go ahead and put all your faith in the dollar. Be my guest. I only keep 25% of my net worth in dollars because the trend is not our friend.

Whatchu talkin bout Willis, when Rocky Raab talks, E.F. Hutton listens 😁

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
The fact that silver isn't even close to catching up yet (in terms of ratio) strongly suggests we are still early in this gold bull market.

Keep in mind that from 2001 to 2012, gold made nothing but significant, year to year, gains. That could easily repeat itself.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D

If the system crashes, how many pounds of federal reserve notes would you accept for a can of beans?

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Less than $7.00 shy of $2,400.00 now in after hours trading: COMEX

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

334 members (12savage, 204guy, 12344mag, 16gage, 1lessdog, 01Foreman400, 39 invisible), 2,495 guests, and 1,281 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,499
Posts18,490,472
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.