Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I am in the process of doing a custom build. I ordered a Douglass barrel with the following specs: 1-8 twist, #2 sporter, four groove barrel. Caliber will be a 6.5 X 55 swedish. Any idea on a certain grain/ weight you guys would recommend?

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Focus projectile length and rethink the chambering. Weight is moot. Hint.............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Big Stick
rethink the chambering. Weight is moot. .............

you don't think a 6.5x55 is a good caliber?

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by Sabretooth
rethink the chambering. Weight is moot. .............

you don't think a 6.5x55 is a good caliber?

How are you having it throated for starters?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Connecting mechanical dots should be the driver and bullets never don't not matter more than headstamps. What receiver,what's the application and why not connect dots? Hint...................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
IC B2

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
not sure what that means. my gunsmith is building it. will be built off a Winchester Pre 64 action.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You are in wayyyyyyyyyy over your head. Throat Geometry,COAL and RPM matter wayyyyyyy more than a "smidge". Hint.

Walk away,while you can. Hint..................

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
not sure what that means. my gunsmith is building it. will be built off a Winchester Pre 64 action.

You've criticized my people skills before, so I'll be as polite as possible. Not having a handle on this kind of thing is an indicator of being out of your depth.

At least with a pre-64 you should have enough magazine length to work out with your cartridge selection.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
You are in wayyyyyyyyyy over your head. Throat Geometry,COAL and RPM matter wayyyyyyy more than a "smidge". Hint.

I was just looking for an opinion on bullet weight for a particular caliber regarding a certain twist rate. WHY on Earth do people dive into the minute details that ARE NOT germane to the real question at hand?

Last edited by Sabretooth; 04/11/24.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You are far from asking the questions that matter and should run away while you can. Hint.

Projectile length is the driver,not mass,despite your impressive inability to realize same. The details of which,factor all. Hint.................

IC B3

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
When you get to the details it isn't just bullet weight that drives the situation. Some bullets may be heavier than others, yet are still easier to stabilize because the lighter bullet is javelin shaped and requires more twist to stabilize.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

[Linked Image]

Only accurate rifles are interesting.
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
My 6.5 Creedmoor has an 8" twist barrel and performs very well with several VLD style selections from Hornady and Berger.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
On top of the Retardation she's already drooled,"Pre-'64 Model 70" is suspect to boot. Many Droolers botch that nomenclature, which of course opens up even more cans of worms. I doubt she could cite The Donor. Hint.

Conjoin same, then delve COAL and Throat Geometry atop the already magnificent display and she really should be running away. Hint................

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
If you want a quality custom rifle, then those details matter. If you are looking for just a Swede in a M70 then they do not. You should talk you your gunsmith if you have a specific bullet in mind to use or at least the heaviest you expect to use. That will determine best twist and chamber throating.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Projectile length factors Throat Geometry far greater than "weight". A schit bullet will make use of a longer throat,often far better than a rather exceptional projectile. Projectile weight do not hinge throat geometry or stability(RPM). There's a lotta' quick paths to where you DON'T want to go in the .264" bore size,thus the importance of particulars and a FIRST Fhuqking Clue. Hint.

This has "Goat Fhuqk" written ALL over it. Hint............

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I had a barrel finished by a local gunsmith, with some notable nationwide name recognition.

It was for a 6.5 x 55 that I put on a Model 70 Featherweight with a one in 7 twist.

I wanted the featherweight factory barrel spec, but longer.

As far as what I wanted it to be throated for, I just made a dummy round with a Remington 140 grain bullet, seated out to the second cannelure, that the particular bullet came to. It fit the magazine length of the action on the model 70.

Kevin told me that he sure wished all of his customers would show up with a dummy round, and requested that the chamber be spec'ed to 'fit this'.

I was surprised few people evidently do this when having an aftermarket barrel chambered, at least according to a few gunsmith's I have gotten to know personally.

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by himmelrr
If you want a quality custom rifle, then those details matter. If you are looking for just a Swede in a M70 then they do not. You should talk you your gunsmith if you have a specific bullet in mind to use or at least the heaviest you expect to use. That will determine best twist and chamber throating.

Not necessarily. The shape of the bullet is very inportant as well.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by mathman

Not necessarily. The shape of the bullet is very inportant as well.

Very good point. Thanks for bringing it up and it is prime example of how many details there are!

Last edited by himmelrr; 04/12/24.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
A 7" RPM Swede 70 configured for Core-Rocks,is simply fhuqking HILARIOUS! Hint.

Akin to running for the pay phone,because you can't get a Spike Buck dead all the way by yourself and they "taste better" after lingering over night. Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.............

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K

I was just looking for an opinion on bullet weight for a particular caliber regarding a certain twist rate. WHY on Earth do people dive into the minute details that ARE NOT germane to the real question at hand?

Cause the do nothing "king" pretends to actually know and do something. Spews the same one note drivel for everything.

And he thinks about everyone here constantly with the endless cut and paste.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
NOTHING is fhuqking funnier than Professional Victim Brokedick Droolers,"explaining" their Dumbfhuqktitude,as they "live" vicariously. Hint.

1000 words on Throat Geometry. Hint.

Pardon my simply shooting it all and then some,as you Fhuqking Retards Pretend aloud. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.............

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I have researched AS BEST I can. from what I have read AND BEEN TOLD, a barrel (with a 1-8 twist, four groove) will stable just about any 6.5 bullet fairly well. The original 6.5X55 had a barrel twist of 1:9.5 that was made for 160 grainers...

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
If only again,weight is moot,but length factors all. Hint.

You Professional Victims are a riot! Run while you can. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.................

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
I have researched AS BEST I can. from what I have read AND BEEN TOLD, a barrel (with a 1-8 twist, four groove) will stable just about any 6.5 bullet fairly well. The original 6.5X55 had a barrel twist of 1:9.5 that was made for 160 grainers...

I believe the original was 1:8.6" twist.

An 8" twist should serve well, but you'll also want to sort out the geometry of the throat for the projectiles you intend to use.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Sabretooth;
Good morning from the not so sunny south Okanagan, I hope that your part of the world is a tad brighter than up here and that regardless of the weather you're well.

We've been shooting and handloading for the 6.5x55 since the early '80's when only Canadian made Imperial ammo was sometimes available for brass so non handloaders were pretty much out of luck.

According to "The Swedish Mauser Rifles" by Steve Keyaha and Joe Poyer, their table 2-2 on page 103 indicates the original barrels were a 1:7.9 twist until the CG 63/80 series switched to a 1:8.66.

Somewhere else I want to say I read that the originals were 1:7.78, regardless it was a fast twist for the times and the grooves are fairly deep.

The combination of the fast twist and deep grooves turned out to be challenging for some bullets made back in those dinosaur days, so for instance a 120gr Sierra Pro Hunter came completely unglued on the entry side lung of a regular old 2 point mulie buck. While I'd have to look at how far away it was shot, the rifle ran a straight 4X scope and the buck didn't look miniscule in it, so it wasn't all that far.

We had poorer results from the old Nosler Solid base bullets in that regard too, that is to say they came apart a bit too easily or for our liking for sure.

Eventually either 140gr Partitions or Hornady were what we went to until the rifle went to our eldest daughter and by then Barnes had come up with the TSX line and it seemed to like the 130gr TSX just fine so that's what got used.

She's never, ever been able to catch one on any of the local mulie and whitetail bucks she's shot with the little 96 carbine either. They've all done their job well and sailed off into the BC mountain behind it.

All that said, we don't shoot stuff very far away by many other people's standards, so to be clear our experience with the bullets is based upon how they work when they hit deer/bear/sheep sized animals.

When I had a near new Swede military barrel installed on my usual walking around rifle which was built on a commercial roll marked Mauser 98 built between the wars, I wanted to see what 120gr bullets would do and have taken local bucks with both the TTSX and older GMX with them.

So far I've not found a load that the 127gr LRX Barnes likes in that barrel. Same goes for a box of 140gr GMX which is a bit of an interesting looking semi-spitzer nose. My barrel really and truly does not get along with that bullet.

Anyways again we're not shooting far, we're not shooting steel or paper with the rifles and those bullets work on smaller sized game.

A buddy who shoots a 6.5 Creed out to 800yds uses entirely different bullets, which makes sense.

Hopefully that was useful information for someone out there.

Good luck with the rifle project whichever way you decide.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Careful now,as she's a Crying CLUELESS Kchunt and Simplistic Facts VERY much confuse her and her Professional Victim status. Hint.

Building a Custom Rifle to shoot THE schittiest bullets in its bore size,is a unique "approach" and an easy pass,from any/all angles. Hint.

Very "impressive",that she can fhuqk soooo much Simplicity up and is devoid of a FIRST Fhuqking Clue. Hint.

Just sayin'...............

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Which were shorter than some of todays spitzers of less weight.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M

Those 160gr bullets were round nose and flat base. A Hornady 160gr RN has a length of 1.24". On the other hand, a Hornady 147gr ELD-M with a boat tail and long ogive, has a length of 1.42". There are longer example out there.

If you handload, bring the 'smith a dummy round to work with. It will enable him to get the freebore/leade where it should be for best performance.

If you only shoot factory ammo, you could just go with a SAAMI spec chamber.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Don't do a Shefire and throat with Amazing Fhuqking Stupidity. A 10" RPM would have more than done that,for stability. Hint.

COAL Latitude/RPM/Throat Geometry go hand in hand,all of which are factored by length and nothing to fhuqking do with "weight". Hint.

Still waiting to hear particulars on said Donor,because it too will be fhuqking funny! Hint.(grin)

Just sayin'................

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
A 6.5x55 is an excellent all round cartridge choice. I have more than a few, me built, custom 6.5x55s and 260s in my racks. Only so I could use a standard case head, plus a standard short action, I would go to the 260, which is of equal performance.
The 55 uses a 3/4 length action and a .477-80 bolt face instead of a .473 "standard" US bolt face.

If you have a standard bolt face action, it just makes more sense to use the .308 based action and bolt face. Way less work and expense to arrive at point B from point A. Not to rain on your parade, I have near two dozen of the two.

“To expect defeat is nine-tenths of defeat itself. It becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy. It is best to plan for all eventualities then believe in success, and only cross the failure bridge if you come to it."
Francis Marion - The Swamp Fox
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
264 Kreed is like/like to 260 case capacity and does even more mechanical favors,because it arranges same at an even shorter yet case length,which by default allows for superior projectiles. 'Course I shoot 260AI too. Hint.

Pass the Kreed and hold all The Fluff. Hint.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Does a box of dicks explode in your face when you pull the trigger on your crudmoor?

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Rickety,

I'm VERY "surprised" that the only things you can add to an Outdoor Forum,are your Homoerotic Fantasies and stolen pictures...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Fortunately for you,Imagination and Pretend are free,so even YOU can "afford" to "contribute". You Professional Victims are a fhuqking RIOT! Please keep the Hurt Feeler Reports coming,as you extoll your very WELL founded Insecurities. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!..................

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Fish on!

Dog I rescued in January

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Rickety,

You are doing GREAT,stealing pics with wreckless abandon...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

This was earlier today. Hint.

Bless your Brokedick heart,for doing your best.

Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!................

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
My last computer crashed and I haven't taken the time to load all my pictures off it yet. Caught a few Crappie though this year. Way better tasting than some trout variant. Going again this evening.

Dog I rescued in January

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Rickety,

Such things must be VERY "exciting",for someone who "does" as "much" as you...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Keep stealing pics and feverishly filling out Hurt Feeler Reports,from your Couchbound Kchunt,as you wax eloquent on your very WELL founded Insecurities. Hint.

You poor poor(literally) Brokedick Piece Of Fhuqking Schit,can't even provide your own pics. What were the "odds"?!? Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!..............

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
That picture is more than 30 years old. Got any new ones?

Dog I rescued in January

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Rickety,

They don't get more fresh than from today...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Keep stealing pics and feverishly filling out Hurt Feeler Reports,from your Couchbound Kchunt,as you wax eloquent on your very WELL founded Insecurities. Hint.

You poor poor(literally) Brokedick Piece Of Fhuqking Schit,can't even provide your own pics. What were the "odds"?!? Hint.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
mmmmm Berger

Originally Posted by dave7mm

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I built my first 6.5x300wsm strictly for the Berger 140 VLD when they first come out with 8 twists, ive killed a bunch of elk,deer and antelope with them from 75 yards to long way out there they have preformed flawlessly.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

If only obviously.
A simple no brainer for dumbfucks.
Nostalgia for an outdated round is no substitute for common sense.

MM

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
ALL THE OTHER EXPERTS ARE OUT PICKING NITS!

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
I am in the process of doing a custom build. I ordered a Douglass barrel with the following specs: 1-8 twist, #2 sporter, four groove barrel. Caliber will be a 6.5 X 55 swedish. Any idea on a certain grain/ weight you guys would recommend?

From a practical stand point, if you are building the rifle as "an all arounder", and you are building on a Pre-64 with standard 3.4" magazine box, go with a standard throat and don't worry about the minutia. 6.5x55 standard COAL is 3.000". With a 3.4" magazine box, you have plenty of space to tweak the bullet seating depth across a number of bullet weights, styles and lengths to accommodate the standard chamber throat. I am a light weight in this crowd. I have only had 5 or 6 Douglas barrels fitted in the past 20 years. All have been more accurate than me. All have been easy to work up an accurate load.

Ignore the "noise". Have your barrel fitted. Work up an accurate load. Go kill chit. Enjoy Your Project !

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by MontanaMan

If only obviously.

MM

While the 6.5 CM is currently much more practical that any other 6.5mm bore cartridge, what is wrong with the OP building a properly throated, properly twisted, 6.5x55 on a long action pre-'64 Winchester 70?

This is a site that caters to rifle looneys, so rifles chambered for outdated, "obsolete", and impractical rounds are going to be more common here than they are going to be among the general public. If the OP doesn't care about resale value, why is he a dumbfuck for building a rifle to whatever specs that he wants? His money, his choice, right?

My preferred long action 6.5mm bore cartridge is the even more impractical 256 Newton, but I'm a rifle looney and resale value has never been an important consideration when specing out a new rifle.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 260Remguy

If only obviously.

MM

While the 6.5 CM is currently much more practical that any other 6.5mm bore cartridge, what is wrong with the OP building a properly throated, properly twisted, 6.5x55 on a long action pre-'64 Winchester 70?

This is a site that caters to rifle looneys, so rifles chambered for outdated, "obsolete", and impractical rounds are going to be more common here than they are going to be among the general public. If the OP doesn't care about resale value, why is he a dumbfuck for building a rifle to whatever specs that he wants? His money, his choice, right?

My preferred long action 6.5mm bore cartridge is the even more impractical 256 Newton, but I'm a rifle looney and resale value has never been an important consideration when specing out a new rifle.

Unfortunately there are many here that feel their way is the best and ONLY way things should be done. Of course there are other ways. I hunt with an 303 Savage at times. There are cartridges way better but this rifle and cartridge is the first centerfire my father purchased in 1947. If a man wants a Swede for general hunting purposes, it will work just fine.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by Orion2000

From a practical stand point, if you are building the rifle as "an all arounder", and you are building on a Pre-64 with standard 3.4" magazine box, go with a standard throat and don't worry about the minutia. 6.5x55 standard COAL is 3.000". With a 3.4" magazine box, you have plenty of space to tweak the bullet seating depth across a number of bullet weights, styles and lengths to accommodate the standard chamber throat. I am a light weight in this crowd. I have only had 5 or 6 Douglas barrels fitted in the past 20 years. All have been more accurate than me. All have been easy to work up an accurate load.

Ignore the "noise". Have your barrel fitted. Work up an accurate load. Go kill chit. Enjoy Your Project !

Even with the available room for length adjustment, I still believe the geometry of the throat can be improved upon.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular

Thank you, Orion! why can't people just be normal and a 'straight' shooter like you?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Thank you, Orion! why can't people just be normal and a 'straight' shooter like you?

When you ask for opinions on a forum like this you are going to get a diverse selection of opinions. There are lots of "right" answers, but only you can decide what is the best choice for you and your application.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Rickety,

They don't get more fresh than from today...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

You lucky bastard, threw your azz back.

Dog I rescued in January

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Even with the available room for length adjustment, I still believe the geometry of the throat can be improved upon.

Orion is a fhuqking CLUELESS Drooler,talking out her ass. Hint.

Now as to Douglas spouts,one could do worse,but they tend to be soft and others will certainly wear better(have had dozens). That being said,the OP is blathering Pipe Dream Delusions,in regards to a Fantasy Rifle,which will never exist. Hint.

A plethora of Hurt Feeler Reports,will never begin to skew simplistic Facts and th constant that COAL/Throat Geometry/RPM set the stage and Drool don't grease the skids,if only fhuqking obviously. Hint.

Just sayin'.............

Rickety,

For context,simply cite how many times a day you think about me,as you scour the internet to steal pictures and "live" vicariously...you 'lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Pardon the splendors of Reality,as you Dream aloud,from your Couchbound Kchunt. Hint.

It's been an EPIC last coupla days. Hint.

Will be well over (100) fish,by the time my pard's jaunt is over and he's RUINED for life. Hint.

Keep reading along and soaking in the Splendid Pixels,to escape suffering being you,if for only fleeting moments. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.................

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Hah nice pictures. Like catching perch in a pond.

Dog I rescued in January

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

At the risk of redundancy, once again, that is the beauty of the 6.5 Creed..............no guessing needed, all the works been done.

But for all those unwilling to see the light, rock on with your best guess on the 6.5x55.

MM

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R

At the risk of redundancy, once again, that is the beauty of the 6.5 Creed..............no guessing needed, all the works been done.

But for all those unwilling to see the light, rock on with your best guess on the 6.5x55.

MM

My 260 seems to do anything I need a 6.5 to do.

Dog I rescued in January

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I am more than happy for you.

MM

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I had a 260 barrel put on a 700 I had laying around. already had a 6.5x55 and a 6.5x06 never checked the twist of the 6.5x55, Mod 70. Wanted a 8" twist in the 6.5x06 but got a 9". Was thinking about heavier bullets. But it shoot's 140 gr bullet's light's out and I would not take off that barrel for anything to get a faster twist. 140gr bullet's into a little over 1/2". Same thing with my 260, got it with a 9" twist also. !40's is all I tried so far but ragged little group's about 5/8". If I wanted a heavier bullet I'd go with my 30-06! 6.5x06 has dumped three elk in three shots with the 140gr Hornady SP and that about as good as it get's! I'm quite certain the 260 and it's 140 gr Speer HC will do the same if I do my part! To much fuss made over fast twist's. If ya need a fast twist I think what you really need if a bigger caliber!

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by DonFischer
I had a 260 barrel put on a 700 I had laying around. already had a 6.5x55 and a 6.5x06 never checked the twist of the 6.5x55, Mod 70. Wanted a 8" twist in the 6.5x06 but got a 9". Was thinking about heavier bullets. But it shoot's 140 gr bullet's light's out and I would not take off that barrel for anything to get a faster twist. 140gr bullet's into a little over 1/2". Same thing with my 260, got it with a 9" twist also. !40's is all I tried so far but ragged little group's about 5/8". If I wanted a heavier bullet I'd go with my 30-06! 6.5x06 has dumped three elk in three shots with the 140gr Hornady SP and that about as good as it get's! I'm quite certain the 260 and it's 140 gr Speer HC will do the same if I do my part! To much fuss made over fast twist's. If ya need a fast twist I think what you really need if a bigger caliber!

8" twist is what my 260 barrel is. My rifle is a tackdriver with the 140 gr. Hornady HPBT. Actually shoots everything great.

Last edited by rickt300; 04/18/24.

Dog I rescued in January

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Hornie 140 BTHP's wear a .580 BC,while the 147 is .697. "Weight" is moot,but aero form is not. Hint.

I just "happen" to shoot 260,260AI and 6.5-06,along with 264 Win. The best bullet,never doesn't not win and the .264" 140's are fhuqking HILARIOUS,no matter the volume of drool associated! Hint.

Kudos to you CLUELESS Fhuqktards,for doing your best. Hint.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
100 grain bullet works fine if you choose a good one.

Bullets matter way more than fantasy numbers. Hint

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Reality ain't for everyone,especially Delusional Lying Pieces Of Fhuqking Schit. Hint.

Mass doesn't concern me,though aero form does,because that is what connects dots. I'm rather happy with .224" 90 Beer cans and their .585 BC at 3200fps ala svelte Speedmire(I've a herd). Heading out to shoot a Favorite now. Hint.

Fortunately for you,Imagination and Pretend are free,so even YOU can "afford" to "contribute",you "lucky" kchunt. Hint.

Pardon Splendid Wares that simply exist. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!............

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Why not a .270?😝😛😜🤪🤭

What fresh Hell is this?
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

Okay then... I've done this build n the Model 70 altho push feed version.

I sent the gunsmith a dummy round, that I had fit my Carl Gustaf action/ Mauser 6.5 Swede. The dummy round had a Remington 140 grain SP on it, and was seated out to where the Mauser would take it.. ( pretty far out ). That would also fit in the Model 70 Action. I bought the gun used from a local guy that use to be a national bench rest champion back in the 50s. Bought it in the late 90s. I put a 26 inch barrel on it, as I wanted to use it in Montana for antelope.

The one in 8 twist will stabilize anything up to 142 grain Sierra. That was what was around when I did my 6.5 x 55 on the Model 70 action. I did a 26 inch barrel. Kevin Wyatt did mine ( the same guy who does the Wyatt box for Model 70s ). The barrel was from Pac Nor here in Oregon.

The rifle is very accurate. It'll shoot small groups with just about anything I feed it... regardless of bullet weight.
It has taken game with the 140 grain bullets right down to 100 grain ballistic Tips also.

Your rifle should be just fine.....for what you desire to do with it... it will also be accurate unless you picked a real poor gunsmith. The Swede is known as a pretty accurate round, period.

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Reality ain't for everyone,especially Delusional Lying Pieces Of Fhuqking Schit. Hint.

Mass doesn't concern me,though aero form does,because that is what connects dots. I'm rather happy with .224" 90 Beer cans and their .585 BC at 3200fps ala svelte Speedmire(I've a herd). Heading out to shoot a Favorite now. Hint.

Fortunately for you,Imagination and Pretend are free,so even YOU can "afford" to "contribute",you "lucky" kchunt. Hint.

Pardon Splendid Wares that simply exist. Hint.

one hole long range, one shot group once again?

You're the man Stumpy.... we all wish we could shoot a one hole, 1 shot group at 1000 yds like you do every day....

I'd venture out to say that all your groups are one shot / one hold groups ..regardless of the distance...

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Might be time for a trip to the ol’ optometrist.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
She's an Opiate Addled Brokedick Lying Piece Of Fhuqking CLUELESS Schit. Hint.

Though in "fairness",she can nearly kill a Spike by herself,were it not for the phone to cry upon. ALMOST. Hint.

I think I only have (7) Speedmires and they all shoot exceptionally well. Tough not to swoon a Baby Montucky,chambered same. Hint.

Just sayin'..............

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Short stump's copy and paste file is far larger than his spent primer collection. HINT

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You Do NOTHING Crying Kchunts should have a Tournament,so as to crown THE Biggest Piece Of Lying Fhuqking Schit,who thinks about me the most...while declaring she don't. Think of the Sweet "Satisfactions" inherent. Hint.

Fortunately for you Brokedick Droolers,Imagination and Pretend are free,so even you Professional Victims can "afford" to "contribute",albeit only with Delusions. Hint.

Reupold Test Drive Day today. Though I was gunning the 338 Twat-Six Aye Eye,aforementioned Speedmire,Mighty Mouser Montucky 180 Launcher,Accuracy International AT-X wearing K&P cut 7" RPM Dasher spout and playing with the newest 7" spout for my 41's. Hint.

Goggle as you MUST and keep Pretending aloud ladies. Hint.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
I assume more endless copy and paste, little stump? Sorry, can't see BULL$HIT. You are ignored. LAFFIN. HINT

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by KenMi
Short stump's copy and paste file is far larger than his spent primer collection. HINT

I don't think I'd be far off base, with the concept that most of Stumpy's pics, that he loves to post, trying hard to impress someone, which is mainly himself.

I'd say our little chain saw running hero, probably spends much more of his hard earned cash on drugs, especially meth, to make it thru his lonely existence, living out in the middle of nowhere by his lonesome.

His chain saw running days are about over. and I can bet his 2 working brain cells are close to shot, as is also his liver from all the drugs and booze he's ran thru his system to keep his version of 'reality' afloat.

Ya gotta feel sorry for someone with a short man's complex, who has to speed his days on the internet, bragging how great he is. Speaks volumes about his social life, regardless of how many stolen pics he posts, claiming that they are his. One can't help feeling SORRY for someone with such a sad lonely existence.

One guy who spends lord knows how many hours on the internet, bragging about himself per day. Then claims to spend time putting 1000 rounds down range every day, making one hole groups at 50 yds with one bullet each time, claiming its really 10 bullets....and how he has more money than Donald Trump or George Soros claim..... Guess the meth is what gives him those delusions of grandeur, those 72 to 96 hours in a day, and claims to have more rifles and bullets, and reloading powder and primers, than the industry made last year.

Ain't easy being Schtick is it Stumpy? Easy proof that Stumpy isn't even a fraction of what he claims he is.. there is only 24 hours in a day, and it shows he spends most of that daily on the internet, telling the world how great he is. Where does he find time to get out and shoot anything, or catch all the fish he claims ( WHO EATS THAT MANY ANYWAY,?).. he shoots NOTHING more than he shoots off his mouth, all day bragging on himself on an internet platform. Guy posts all night and all day. and this isn't the only sight he does so.

Stumpy has to have a personality like Sybil, to live the life of 10 people a day. Stumpy isn't a real person, he's probably a group/ club of 10 losers, operating out of Buttfudk AK, who think they are heroes on the internet. All living out of their mom's basements. That makes much more sense, than all the claims "Schtick" makes.....

But for those that enjoy his Bullschidt, "enjoy yourselves".. the group that posts all this Baloney certainly do, and they love the attention....

Want proof? Count how many minutes it takes "Stumpy" to find this, and his response being finished in how short of a time, with all the pictures, and cut and pasting of posts I've made in the past... "he" has files on each camprfire member who rattles his cage...Then see if "he" ( they ) even have the patience to IGNORE this post.... or seafire. My bet is they are too insecure to, as 'they' always have to counter anything said, and have the last word. Wait for it... I'd actually be happy for them if they prove me wrong for once.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
You Do NOTHING Crying Kchunts should have a Tournament,so as to crown THE Biggest Piece Of Lying Fhuqking Schit,who thinks about me the most...while declaring she don't. Think of the Sweet "Satisfactions" inherent. Hint.

Fortunately for you Brokedick Droolers,Imagination and Pretend are free,so even you Professional Victims can "afford" to "contribute",albeit only with Delusions. Hint.

Reupold Test Drive Day today. Though I was gunning the 338 Twat-Six Aye Eye,aforementioned Speedmire,Mighty Mouser Montucky 180 Launcher,Accuracy International AT-X wearing K&P cut 7" RPM Dasher spout and playing with the newest 7" spout for my 41's. Hint.

Goggle as you MUST and keep Pretending aloud ladies. Hint.

Fish on!

Dog I rescued in January

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

226 members (12344mag, 1lessdog, 1lesfox, 2500HD, 219DW, 007FJ, 17 invisible), 1,705 guests, and 929 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,872
Posts18,478,727
Members73,947
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.