Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by huntsman22
Forget dealing with Silencer Central. Unless you want to add an additional 3-6 weeks to your wait.....
How or with whom did you file yours?

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Bought several from Silencer Central, but never again.... Bought several thru local shops, and several thru dealers with silencer shop kiosks. The last 2 (the quick ones) were from the local silencer shop dealer thru e-file (individual).

K
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
K
5 day approval on my mask filed individual.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Really [bleep] up how they're not catching up old orders 1st.

I get short delays every time I purchase a gun, used to be 10-15 minutes. Last two over an hour. Even have a worthless UPIN.

Government security clearance and would loose my job if I couldn't pass a NICS check. But the stupid f'ing Government software doesn't know up from down.

Long story short, have three in jail and it's pissing me off when I hear some of these instant approvals.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 69sportfury

I get short delays every time I purchase a gun, used to be 10-15 minutes. Last two over an hour. Even have a worthless UPIN.

Government security clearance and would loose my job if I couldn't pass a NICS check. But the stupid f'ing Government software doesn't know up from down.

Long story short, have three in jail and it's pissing me off when I hear some of these instant approvals.

I hear ya. I've got two on trusts that I'm beyond the average wait time on. I've had a secret or higher clearance for most of my adult life. What I've gathered from others is those of us with government clearances are scrutinized more than those without and usually take longer to approve. I know, doesn't make sense, but it's the government.

Don't just be a survivor, be a competitor.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
better to be pissed off, than pissed on......

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Kodiakisland

I hear ya. I've got two on trusts that I'm beyond the average wait time on. I've had a secret or higher clearance for most of my adult life. What I've gathered from others is those of us with government clearances are scrutinized more than those without and usually take longer to approve. I know, doesn't make sense, but it's the government.

Become the squeaky wheel.

I know of several F4s that got stuck at the NICS check and pushing got things rollin.

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by JohnBurns
Originally Posted by Kodiakisland

Become the squeaky wheel.

I know of several F4s that got stuck at the NICS check and pushing got things rollin.

I've been spamming the NICS FBI email for several weeks now. Probably put me on the backburner.

Don't just be a survivor, be a competitor.
Teal Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by ARTY
Did you file yourself or through a service like Silencer Central?

Silencer Shop as Trust.

Me

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

85 members (444Matt, 35, Akhutr, 7mm_Loco, 1_deuce, 338reddog, 6 invisible), 1,533 guests, and 746 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,368
Posts18,488,298
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.