Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I do. I'd like one every week or two.

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It was overcast and I was probably too far east to see much anyway.
Oh well, the sun come up on Tuesday morning, and life goes on, so I ain’t losing any sleep over it!
I got bigger fish to fry, as the saying goes!
Reon

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Once’d a week would be bad ass!!!

Sure beat watching Sons of Katie Elder every 3 days on a black n white 13” Philco in the kitchen while working on a readers digest crossword puzzle about Doris Day.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Not I.

"The 375HH is the greatest level of power you can get for the investment in recoil." (JJHack)
79s and losttrail, biggest waste of air.
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Why would I give a flying fuqk about the eclipse? Doesn't mean 2 [bleep] to me

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
IC B2

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by gonehuntin
I do. I'd like one every week or two.

C'mon man, that would cause global cooling. The climate freaks would have to find a new cause.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
It was quite an experience in totality. But once a week or month would get to be old hat. And people might get the idea that the sun is a major player in climate. That would cause a panic among the 'settled science' faction.

NRA-Benefactor
TSRA-Life

"It's a terrible thing when governments send their young men to kill each other." Charles Byrne,WW2 Vet.
On the day Desert Storm began.
C
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
C
It was a great adventure. Pushed past my curmudgeon negativity and drove a chaotic, misdirected journey. With Ohio a mismatched jigsaw puzzle scattered between four or five pages organized in odd irrelevance to each of the disparate neighbors. Not to worry! Google Maps, or SIRI, took our trusting, lost souls far east instead of NW. My pigeon brain disputed this advice but followed merrily along until directed to Exit right at my esteemed ancestor's historic town on the Wilderness Road. A hair pin turn sent us boomeranging back toward the dying sun, a pleasant detour of some 2 hours if we were awake enough for counting. Following the Kanawah River as it widened ever bolder with greater enthusiasm shoving barges into the Ohio finally at Point Pleasant where all the bridges converge to cross in every direction over this powerful historic and most energetic confluence. Macdonald's pancakes only $14.16 and we remembered to fill up the gas! Oh my. The lumpy hills of West Virginia and all its tolls rolled easily into the surprisingly empty forest and emptier farm lands of Ohio, flattening out with less than traffic. Then ugly, then odd, the peculiarly middle America of clean vinyl siding and neatly clipped green lawns, where we came to rest, had suffered a recent tornado. Always a creepy, hit or skip mystery that killed three unlucky people just living their modest lives. The biggest man made lake in the world at the time of its digging in 1845 welcomed us and many more dark sky pilgrims from miles around. This crazy thing paid .32 per day to however many men it took to dig 13,600 acres of reservoir pond to maintain canal levels, a mere 3 miles away. Crazy Americans chasing a buck. So many happy suckers dodging the Keep Off the Grass signs to park in huge empty parking lots that made the fussy orders seem a little over blown and stuffy. The thing itself was spectacular, far more so than imagined. The instant chill of sudden darkness will never leave my bones. We worship the Sun for good reason.....

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Great report

If ya can’t appreciate earthbound and celestial nature, you’re just a dull pos and hopefully the Lord trims the vines soon and casts those unfruitful limbs into the fire

Can’t help but think this is by intelligent design, the distances, the geometry, the physics all to show us the magnificence of Creation.

My opinion at at least.

Can’t imagine living my last 10 years staring at FoxNews 18 hours a day

T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
N

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

3-7-77
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
It was neat. Watched it from my driveway. Just under 4 min of dark. It was cool to see the motion sensor light come on during the day. Miss it? Maybe. Miss the 10's of 1000's that were in the area? Absolutely not. I talked with a Forest Service guy on Sunday. Every campground in the Shawnee National Forest was full.

C
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
C
Human beings are the strangest creatures. How they think, if that's accurate at all, always surprises me at least. They will boldly state their profound belief in God, then go to great lengths explaining Him, thus proving themselves laughable fools. It would be blasphemy if the omnipotent unknowable could be defined in the first place.( should that be capitalized?) As far as the heavens go, its vastness can only be guessed at by way of advanced mathematics based on all kinds of scientific observations that rely on cautious, repeatable measurements instead of faith alone. We have no idea how insignificant our miniscule existence really is beyond space and time. Ancient civilizations were much more adept and accustomed to predicting the return of cosmic alignments than we are today, where naming the Kardashians comes easier than recalling the First Amendment or who won the American Revolution. With a world gone completely haywire it's nice to see some order remaining in the universe at least. Wish upon a star it would get involved here below....

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

570 members (1lessdog, 222ND, 160user, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 68 invisible), 2,278 guests, and 1,241 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,066
Posts18,482,544
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.