Print Thread
Hop To
Page 20 of 21 1 2 18 19 20 21
H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
Originally Posted by Biathlonman
I'd love to see Athlon due a simple 1" scope with illumination with a side battery compartment. Probably just a me thing but I hate the battery compartment up on the eye piece.

The Argos has the illumination on the side and offers a 1" tube.

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Got two of those, but they are pretty heavy scopes with the parallax adjustment and all...

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Two? Does that mean you are a BI Athlon man?.....

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by huntsman22

He's for sure a Buy Athlon man.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Used to do at least one or two events a winter at Camp Ripley. Now I'm old and hate the cold.

People can hate all they want, but the Helos isn't a bad scope, especially for the price you can get at ExpertVoice with a discount.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Starbuck

He's for sure a Buy Athlon man.

But does he switch-hit?

Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Originally Posted by hh4whiskey
8x42 Binos, UHD….Argos, Midas, Cronus….other than where they’re made (not getting into that), what’s major differences/pros/cons between them that are even noticeable for the $? For the $, I’m planning a pair of Argos, just because there’s little to lose (it would seem). Interested to know what’s what, going upward in the line.

Thanks

Here are a few thoughts in response to your question... Durability-wise, the Cronus and the Midas are going to be a little more sturdy in their construction (compared to the Argos). The glass and the coatings will be better on the Midas and the Cronus as well (over the Argos). A few more things to consider... Midas has edge-to-edge clarity (which will make the image pop more and render more of a 3D effect). The Cronus has more of a field-flattening effect (which will render more of a 2D effect). The Midas, I think it's worth mentioning, has been our best-selling line for many years. I don't think you can go wrong with any of those three options though. I hope that helps!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
IMO, if you're looking at Athlon binos in the 8X range, just spring for the Cronus 8.5X42. They're extremely good. They were my primary bino for a couple of years until I bought my Cronus 10X50 rangefinding binos but the 8.5s aren't going anywhere.

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Originally Posted by ldholton
the answer may be in this thread somewhere I apologize if it is but here's my question

in the Gen 2 Helos versus Talos btr just what is the difference is it just the one has locking turret and the other does not?
or anything more than that

There are actually a number of differences between these two scopes. The Helos has locking turrets, as you mentioned, it also has higher-quality glass and a 34mm tube - depending on which one you get. Of course, each line also features a different collection of magnification ranges and reticles.

Long story short, the Talos is more of an entry-level line for us. Both are solid, but if a Helos is in the budget, we would recommend going that way.

Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
[Linked Image from athlonoptics.com]

ATHLON IS EXTREMELY EXCITED TO ANNOUNCE OUR NEW LINE OF THERMAL OPTICS!

The Cronus ATS family features 3 scope options and 2 monocular options – one with a built-in laser rangefinder. Click the links below for more information on each.

These are going FAST so be sure to order yours today!

CHRONUS 50-640 ATS SCOPE
https://athlonoptics.com/product/cronus-ats-thermal-scope-50-640/

CHRONUS ATS 50-400 SCOPE
https://athlonoptics.com/product/cronus-ats-thermal-scope-50-400/

CHRONUS ATS 35-400 SCOPE
https://athlonoptics.com/product/cronus-ats-thermal-scope-35-400/

CRONUS ATS 35 ML-400 MONOCULAR
https://athlonoptics.com/product/cronus-ats-thermal-monocular-35ml-400/

CRONUS ATS 35 M-400 MONOCULAR
https://athlonoptics.com/product/cronus-ats-thermal-monocular-35m-400/

If you’ve already had the chance to get one out in the field, we’d love to hear your thoughts.

HAPPY HUNTING !!!

IC B3

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
I was out hunting with the Cronus 50-640 a week ago. It is a very nice thermal.
At this stage, I have spent a LOT of time with it.

ILya

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I've been thinking of adding the Athlon Optics Ares G2 15-45x65 UHD straight version to the herd, for a semi-beater for range work. Hoping the view on the Ares is clear and bright in the mid-power range, spoiled by the Swaro's won't help.

I hear the eye relief is very tight if you wear eye/sun glasses, any advice on that issue ?.....18-20mm would be nice.

Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Originally Posted by Bwana_1
I've been thinking of adding the Athlon Optics Ares G2 15-45x65 UHD straight version to the herd, for a semi-beater for range work. Hoping the view on the Ares is clear and bright in the mid-power range, spoiled by the Swaro's won't help.

I hear the eye relief is very tight if you wear eye/sun glasses, any advice on that issue ?.....18-20mm would be nice.

Eye relief on that spotter is 0.75-0.63". Hope that helps!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Athlon_Optics
Originally Posted by Bwana_1

Eye relief on that spotter is 0.75-0.63". Hope that helps!

Afraid that DOESN'T help, I'm looking for actual users behind the glass and their reviews of the product.... I can see the dimension you provided on the spec sheet, but that's not always an objective/effective number just a measured one.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Bwana1, IMO you're going to have to see for yourself. I have that Ares G2, a Meopta S2, and Razor 65hd. I have also owned a Zeiss 85t FL, and Nikon 82ED. Every single one of them have eye relief that gets critical at higher mags. Just the way it is. You're facial features are likely unlike mine, and lots of others.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Bwana1, IMO you're going to have to see for yourself. I have that Ares G2, a Meopta S2, and Razor 65hd. I have also owned a Zeiss 85t FL, and Nikon 82ED. Every single one of them have eye relief that gets critical at higher mags. Just the way it is. You're facial features are likely unlike mine, and lots of others.

I certainly agree with that, style of glasses along with facial structure definitely have an influence. I have 2 Swaro spotters that are zero problems, but in bino's anything below 17-18mm become a problem with kidney beaning.

Appreciate your input Sir.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I'd like to see a helos btr gen 2 2-12x42 with a finer reticle. I like these scopes but I'd prefer one with a finer reticle without the big dot in the middle for more precision work.

If they could just offer a finer reticle option in some that still has mil hashes to use the reticle for holds I'd buy several more.

I'd also like a capped windage option with a small cap. Ihate huge dials especially on the windage. A shorter exposed elevation and a smaller capped windage is where it's at for a dialable hunting scope.

Bb

R
RPN Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
R
When are the 2-12 Helos Mil/Mil going to be back in stock?

Any chance of them being made in Japan? They'd be about perfect then.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I've only shot a couple dozen BTR Gen2 2-12x Mil/Mil's and rather love that reticle for killing. It's fast, precise and illuminates well. Hint.

Have yet to have an issue of any sort and drive same on a herd of mainstays. If looking to gun Tiny Agg's,I shoot it as a Straight Eight ala Heinie irons, which is a breeze to subtend. Hint.............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Originally Posted by Burleyboy
I'd like to see a helos btr gen 2 2-12x42 with a finer reticle. I like these scopes but I'd prefer one with a finer reticle without the big dot in the middle for more precision work.

If they could just offer a finer reticle option in some that still has mil hashes to use the reticle for holds I'd buy several more.

I'd also like a capped windage option with a small cap. Ihate huge dials especially on the windage. A shorter exposed elevation and a smaller capped windage is where it's at for a dialable hunting scope.

Bb

Thanks for the feedback! I will pass your suggestions up the chain of command.

Page 20 of 21 1 2 18 19 20 21

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

620 members (160user, 1lessdog, 1beaver_shooter, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 1936M71, 67 invisible), 2,357 guests, and 1,232 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,825
Posts18,477,900
Members73,944
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.