Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#19379416 04/12/24
Bugger Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Good morning guys!!
We all need to contact our Senators and Representatives to tell them to stop the ATF from its proposed "rule making" that will require NICS checks on transfers between private citizens .
That would mean your grandson will have to checked before he gets his birthday present!
This is Federal overreach and intolerable.
As a proposed rule if not opposed it will be published in the Federal Register and become law!
Email them right now!
You have nothing better to do than this!
Pass it on!

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally
GB1

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I had heard nothing on this from GOA?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I believe it takes affect May 11th based off the news article that I saw.

I am always looking for factory wood stocks!
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
"Vice President Kamala Harris posted a video to X on Thursday in which she praised the ATF’s proposed rule which will force background checks on private gun sales.

President Biden boasted about the proposed ATF rule Thursday morning as well.

Breitbart News explained that the ATF’s proposed rule changes the definition of what it means to be “engaged in the business of selling guns,” thereby expanding the instances in which an unlicensed seller — i.e., a private citizen — must use the National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS) to sell or transfer a gun.

In Harris’s video, she claimed the expanded background checks will “save lives.” She then went on to push for Congress to pass more gun control, including red flag laws, an “assault weapons” ban, and literally universal background checks.

Harris did not mention that California has had an “assault weapons” ban since 1989, universal background checks since the early 1990s, and a red flag law since 2014. In fact, California has more gun control than any other state.

Nevertheless, in 2021, California was the number one state for “active shooter incidents.”

https://www.breitbart.com/2nd-amend...ing-background-checks-private-gun-sales/

Let's see,

Say I got my dads XXX bought in 1958 and a guy I know wants it. I sell it to him. I meet him at Waffle House. He hands me the cash. That might be illegal under the new rules but how are you going to enforce that.

I only took one criminal justice class some 50 years ago, but one of the things that was said was it was not necessarily the severity of the punishment that was the deterrent but the assuredness of punishment.

It would seem that the law of unintended consequences would dictate the instance of massive violations and increasing disrespect for authority. But then again, that might be the goal.......

Show me the man, I'll show you the crime...Lavrentiy Beria

Quien Sabe,

GWB

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Some people will ignore this unconstitutional law and they should.

IC B2

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Fails the Bruen test. They cannot show that such a requirement was imposed on citizens between 1791 and 1811. Also, the Chevron ruling (giving a wide range of quasi legislative powers to Federal Agencies) is on the verge of being overturned, as soon at a case hits the current Supreme Court. The only problem is that lots of people could be arrested and have their lives disrupted by the ATF prior to that, and prior to the Federal Courts of Appeal shooting down this new law as a violation of the Second Amendment under Bruen.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
If it stands, this will predominately be used for lawfare. Actual criminals need not worry.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

3-7-77
A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
Marxist Heb’s are very Predictable..

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Bugger
Good morning guys!!
We all need to contact our Senators and Representatives to tell them to stop the ATF from its proposed "rule making" that will require NICS checks on transfers between private citizens .
That would mean your grandson will have to checked before he gets his birthday present!
This is Federal overreach and intolerable.
As a proposed rule if not opposed it will be published in the Federal Register and become law!
Email them right now!
You have nothing better to do than this!
Pass it on!

Remember the "bi-partisan" Safer Communities act voted for by the traitor John Cornyn?

That legislation authorized this new "rule making".

Congress already screwed us on this.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
From what I read collectors and hobbyists are exempt, that being said, that can be quite subjective to them I'm sure.

Basically guys constantly flipping guns for profit without an ffl are who they are after...so they say

Last edited by killerv; 04/12/24.
IC B3

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
They've been talking about a new Biden executive order that's supposed to stop the gunshow loophole and stop private sales.

What I read says anyone who sells a gun at a profit without an ffl is in big trouble. The law says that placing a for sale ad or reserving a table at a gunshow is considered trying to profit from guns. So I guess by that definition using the classified section here to sell a gun would be illegal unless you have an ffl.

That doesn't make sense to me because most every gun people sell on the classifieds gets shipped to an ffl for the buyer to pick up there. The law says stuff about preventing sellers from claiming they are just selling off some of their personal collection.

Then in other places it talks about exceptions for selling off parts of personal collections. What I read didn't make sense as usual. They just shot that airport manager in the head because he bought too many guns. Of course you still can't figure out how many you can buy and what and when you can sell.

Clear as mud. Seems like they tell you you need an ffl and then if you try to get one they tell you you don't qualify. I just don't sell things unless I've had them over a year or so. The few times I've bought something and then didn't like it or changed my mind I've sold it at a loss so I wasn't doing it to make money.

Bb

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
The question is do you want to be the guy that pays legal fees through the steps it takes to get to the Supreme court several years from now over a 700 dollar transaction.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Back in the day bureaucrats tried to write laws in such a way the meaning and interpretation was clear so it would stand up in court. Now they have weaponized all three branches of government as well as the media and LE so laws are ambiguous so they can be used as needed.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by killerv
From what I read collectors and hobbyists are exempt, that being said, that can be quite subjective to them I'm sure.

Basically guys constantly flipping guns for profit without an ffl are who they are after...so they say

Just a collector?

What if you primarily buy gun that go up in value?

The rule specifically says if they don't like one transactions you can get 5 years.

Last edited by antelope_sniper; 04/12/24.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
It’s going to be left ambiguous and arbitrary on purpose. The definition can then be fluid to include whatever they want to get you for.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

3-7-77
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Burleyboy
They've been talking about a new Biden executive order that's supposed to stop the gunshow loophole and stop private sales.

What I read says anyone who sells a gun at a profit without an ffl is in big trouble. The law says that placing a for sale ad or reserving a table at a gunshow is considered trying to profit from guns. So I guess by that definition using the classified section here to sell a gun would be illegal unless you have an ffl.

That doesn't make sense to me because most every gun people sell on the classifieds gets shipped to an ffl for the buyer to pick up there. The law says stuff about preventing sellers from claiming they are just selling off some of their personal collection.

Bb

It makes sense when you think of the Tax Revenue side of it.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by killerv

Just a collector?

What if you primarily buy gun that go up in value?

The rule specifically says if they don't like one transactions you can get 5 years.

It's all about control and tax revenue.

Plain and simple.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
Originally Posted by Timbermaster
It’s going to be left ambiguous and arbitrary on purpose. The definition can then be fluid to include whatever they want to get you for.

I’m for anything that stops Eric Holder from running guns ever again ..

Oh and those Trunks Deals that Father’s and Son’s Participate In ..

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
ATF has been busy in the Indy area, visiting flippers especially those whose guns have been used in violent crimes. Seems that Chicago gangbangers like to shop Indy gunshows & fleamarkets for their Glocks and AR pistols, hi-cap magazines and cheap 9mm & .223 ammo.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
And it's BATF&E. Not ATF. Three letters just won't cover such a colossal clown show.

NRA-Benefactor
TSRA-Life

"It's a terrible thing when governments send their young men to kill each other." Charles Byrne,WW2 Vet.
On the day Desert Storm began.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

142 members (219DW, 44mc, 007FJ, 35, 10Glocks, 11 invisible), 1,361 guests, and 864 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,869
Posts18,478,696
Members73,947
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.