Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
V
victoro Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
V
I hate Microsoft and globalist vaccine pusher Bill Gates! I don't use Microsoft Edge as my browser because it's just Democrat propaganda. Google Chrome is much more user friendly and easier to use. In the last week Bill Gates has turned off my ad blocker several times, locked up my computer several times while I looking at a conservative website and turned off my WIFI (it's a Microsoft setting). Just before I posted this Hunter's Campfire was locked up with several ads visible.

Last edited by victoro; 04/12/24.
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
πŸ˜³πŸ˜³πŸ˜³πŸ™„

Google isn’t democrat propoganda ???
When did that fugging change.
Sounds more like you got a virus or malware to me.

Last edited by Swifty52; 04/12/24.

Swifty
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Get a Mac!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
If anybody ever read the service agreement, they'd know that Bill Gates/M'Soft actually owns your computer - or at least full access to it.

Switch that laptop to Linux Mint and you'll truly own it. It really isn't that hard. And you'll never go back.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by victoro
I hate Microsoft and globalist vaccine pusher Bill Gates! I don't use Microsoft Edge as my browser because it's just Democrat propaganda. Google Chrome is much more user friendly and easier to use. In the last week Bill Gates has turned off my ad blocker several times, locked up my computer several times while I looking at a conservative website and turned off my WIFI (it's a Microsoft setting). Just before I posted this Hunter's Campfire was locked up with several ads visible.

Googles at least as bad, if not worse than MSFT. Of the two Google is more anti-gun and uses more intrusive tracking.

As for browsers; Brave.

VPN's have their place as well.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
If anybody ever read the service agreement, they'd know that Bill Gates/M'Soft actually owns your computer - or at least full access to it.

Switch that laptop to Linux Mint and you'll truly own it. It really isn't that hard. And you'll never go back.

Unless it cant, doesn't and wont do what you want it too. BTDT

Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

Googles at least as bad, if not worse than MSFT. Of the two Google is more anti-gun and uses more intrusive tracking.

As for browsers; Brave.

VPN's have their place as well.

Trying to get rid of everything Google puts on your machine is just as bad as trying to clean up Norton AV. Both are a virus in and of themselves

Swifty
V
victoro Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
V

Thanks. I'll try Linux Mint when my Son is available to assist me. Bill Gates also wants access to my cell phone (if he doesn't already have it). I know Google is just as bad as owns YouTube. I've had a lot of comments deleted on YouTube.

V
victoro Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
V
Originally Posted by Sharpsman
Get a Mac!

I'm been thinking about that for a while.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Get a Mac!
Apple isn't exactly a bastion of free speech and conservatism.

β€œIn a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
+1 for Rock Chuck

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Get a Mac!
Apple isn't exactly a bastion of free speech and conservatism.

Yep Tim Cook was just at a Biden state dinner as a mega donor.

Swifty
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My iPad does it all for me except the very rare times I want to burn a CD. Easy-peasy, trouble-free, and the interface doesn’t change.

What fresh Hell is this?
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Get a Mac!

I'm been thinking about that for a while.

NO!

Do not join The Borg.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Rocky's right. LINUX is the way to go.

BTW: As an interim solution, try loading CHROMIUM. It's freeware Chrome without all the Google extensions.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Pappy348
My iPad does it all for me except the very rare times I want to burn a CD. Easy-peasy, trouble-free, and the interface doesn’t change.

My iPad is the same way, it does have some quirks as in not liking my old printer. Not airprint certified. As far as CD’s I havent burned a cd in probably 15 years. But yes, 95% of what i do daily anymore is on an iPad.

Swifty
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Look for "ungoogled chromium" not just Chromium. Or get Brave. Both are much safer and trouble free. Brave even has a built-in ad blocker that's fairly good. Add in uBlock Origin and you're just about bulletproof.

I know Swifty has had trouble with Linux on a machine. But on at least 99% of hardware from 15 years to 15 days old, it runs perfectly. Read more HERE

Last edited by RockyRaab; 04/12/24.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I use, Apple, Windows and Firefox, have yet to find the holy grail of computers software, only been at it since 64.
As an instructor at the school, I was sent from the Survey Chief School by the commander at Ft Sill to assist Dr. Fountain in the development of the Field Artillery Digital Automatic Computer. That was an interesting project, an ambient temprature operating computer the size of a suitcase, you could load in the trunk of a car, drive around with it in the trunk n the heat of summer, stop and hook it up, and it worked. First models were slower than a fast person with a slide rule, but was repeatable and adjustable, so once it was set it was fast for correcting or adjusting fire by a single entry. The Comparison would be a 7' tall Honeywell, reel to reel, kept at a constant 62 degrees in a fire proof, sanitary room, people in hazmat suits, with spring loaded floors to prevent any vibration. I was sent by the college to assist the AIG affiliate company on their city block sized computer room. Ended up doing a statistical study of a department, their programming, had left off the data, for the company President. Found the department left off, that had produced 72% of the total company profit for 11 consecutive years. Got hired by that same department out of college.

β€œTo expect defeat is nine-tenths of defeat itself. It becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy. It is best to plan for all eventualities then believe in success, and only cross the failure bridge if you come to it."
Francis Marion - The Swamp Fox
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Look for "ungoogled chromium" not just Chromium. Or get Brave. Both are much safer and trouble free. Brave even has a built-in ad blocker that's fairly good. Add in uBlock Origin and you're just about bulletproof.

I know Swifty has had trouble with Linux on a machine. But on at least 99% of hardware from 15 years to 15 days old, it runs perfectly. Read more HERE

Yup, never try to update a 2007 32 bit Vista machine that the drivers for most functions were proprietary to the manufacturer. 😳
Then add in that Linux was going to drop all 32 bit support within a year. 😳
Now as far as Linux I currently have Zorin on a hard drive that was originally set up as the C drive in the machine. Plug it in usb and boot to it functions just fine, updates, saves files etc.
I also fought with my command line skills for a few days and got Ubunto to run in win 10 & 11 using wsl2.
So Linux isnt the problem.

Last edited by Swifty52; 04/12/24.

Swifty
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Just for info, Swifty, MX still offers and supports a 32-bit version. Damn nice of them to put in that amount of effort for a tiny fraction of users.

I have an ancient (came with W7) 64-bit HP laptop that had proprietary drivers but runs MX just fine - except for the camera, which uses one of those drivers. Meh, I don't need the camera anyway. I once had but gave away an even older little netbook (I think it came with XP) that I loaded with the 32-bit version of Linux Lite and it ran faster than when new. Not sure Lite still has a 32 version, as I haven't looked at it in years.

My main desk tower has now been running on Mint for at least seven years and several version updates without a single freeze-up, bobble, or hiccup. My travel laptop (on which I happen to be typing this) runs Zorin. It was $150 "Student" Gateway machine with a mere 4/64 gigglebiters of ram and disc. It also runs a lot faster than the stripped down Windows S it came with. Flawless.

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Just for info, Swifty, MX still offers and supports a 32-bit version......
I too am looking for altenatives. RockyRaab, what the heck is MX? I only know it as "mail exchange" in the computer world and "moto cross" for the rest of the world.
In context, I'm assuming you mean mail exchange. Thanks in advance.

ΞœΞŸΞ›Ξ©Ξ ΛΑΒΕ
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

610 members (257 mag, 257Bob, 257_X_50, 160user, 163bc, 280ACKIMP, 60 invisible), 2,397 guests, and 1,188 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,787
Posts18,477,248
Members73,943
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.