Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
C
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
I'm on the board of directors for a non-profit group. We do a large one day fundraiser each year. This year we are adding some 1 in 100 raffles for some higher end guns we have got donated. Looking for some plans for a nice wooden table-top "rest" to set them in versus just laying them on the table. My neighbor is a cabinet maker and will make them for us, just need some ideas and or plans

My plan of to drill the front rest area and put a magnet in then cover with felt to gove a little more hold to it.

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, used up, worn out, bottle of Jim Beam in one hand and a .45 in the other, loudly proclaiming WOW-- What a Ride!"

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Elk antlers. If you can find enough.

I could wish a lot of things on my worst enemy but neuropathy ain't one of them.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Only Dead Fish Go With The Flow
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

The rest is needed to DISPLAY the rifles at a FUNDRAISER.

"Whose bright idea was it to put every idiot in the world in touch with every other idiot? It's working!" -- P. J. O'Rourke
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by BFaucett

The rest is needed to DISPLAY the rifles at a FUNDRAISER.
So you're saying there's more to a post than just the title?

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Did something like this once way, way back there for our local org - no photos saved - but simple and neat. Just a thought.

1 x 6 at proper length, with 1 x 6 uprights of proper height screwed in at each end - one upright semi-circle notched for barrel and the other a modified V notch to fit most butts. Lightweight felt in notches. Use 2 x 6 if you want more mass, and more work.

Bare wood, stain, paint, whatever. Or fancy it up with sequins.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
I just shopped for stands for an antique muzzle loader on amazon. They had clear acrylic multigun and single gun stands that displayed well and were affordable.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I would simply lay out enough plastic folding tables to lay them on. You need some sort of padding on the tables like an old blanket. Only reason to do it differently is if you intend to keep people from handling them. Any rack that someone can pick a gun out of ,they can bang it putting it back in. Plenty of room on a table is less likely to drop or mark anything if people are going to be able to touch them.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I threw this together a few months ago, made out of plywood. Your neighbor should be able to knock a few of these out pretty easily.[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

"Drop that or by the splendor of God I will blow your heart out." Kit Carson

"Make sure you are doing what God wants you to do then do it with all your strength." George Washington
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I don't have a picture but I've seen some good ones at gun shows. particularly at Tulsa for collector rifles and shotguns. Think of a inclined plane with pegs on either side to hold the butstock and forend.or barrel. You can stack several rifles from the bottom to the top. it doesn't have to have a solid bottom. just a couple of rails to hold the sides together. One in the front the other in the back. Perhaps another at the top in back. It's got to be well built enough to hold the weight of the guns and not rock or collapse. i have seen them holding a display of pre 84 model 70's and or Springfield's or Enfield's.

IC B3

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
That is a nice one Don.

here is 2 ancient items. fold up rifle rack and a rifle rest (look familiar?)

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Sinclair Cleaning Cradles

Pretty universal and they have different size cradles, you supply the wood base.

Last edited by Reloder28; 04/12/24.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
W
WMR Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by RHClark
I would simply lay out enough plastic folding tables to lay them on. You need some sort of padding on the tables like an old blanket. Only reason to do it differently is if you intend to keep people from handling them. Any rack that someone can pick a gun out of ,they can bang it putting it back in. Plenty of room on a table is less likely to drop or mark anything if people are going to be able to touch them.

I think this makes sense. Cover the tables with a nice neutral colored blanket. Run a 4-5in dowel or section of PVC pipe through the trigger guard and they will stand up angled nicely.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

103 members (10gaugemag, 2ndwind, 44automag, 99Ozarks, 673, 16 invisible), 1,631 guests, and 995 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,118
Posts18,483,484
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.