Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Theoldpinecricker
Like everyone said Tikka is the easy answer.

Personally I prefer an lefty Mauser, Ruger 77, or maybe the Winchester M70 and have all these models and am covered. I'm not a big Remington 700 or clone fan but do have one in 270win that's good.

If I were starting out all over today I would puck me up a Ruger 77 and Tikka T3 Lite in the chambers I desired and then an lefty Ruger scout rifle. Thankfully already did this and I'm covered for everything I need.

Theoldpinecricker, do you have a Ruger 338 RCM left hand m77? I always wanted to get one of those. Would make a hell of an elk rifle, or so I was thinking.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
GB1

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by Theoldpinecricker
Like everyone said Tikka is the easy answer.

Personally I prefer an lefty Mauser, Ruger 77, or maybe the Winchester M70 and have all these models and am covered. I'm not a big Remington 700 or clone fan but do have one in 270win that's good.

If I were starting out all over today I would puck me up a Ruger 77 and Tikka T3 Lite in the chambers I desired and then an lefty Ruger scout rifle. Thankfully already did this and I'm covered for everything I need.

Theoldpinecricker, do you have a Ruger 338 RCM left hand m77? I always wanted to get one of those. Would make a hell of an elk rifle, or so I was thinking.
Yes I do have the lefty 338RCM and it is outstanding on backyard elk. I've got an cool little lefty Alaskan 338win that's nifty too.

E
Enels57 Offline OP
OP Offline
E
Originally Posted by Snowwolfe
I have a Tikka 270, stainless with the black upper ware stock. I would sell it for $725 shipped in the lower 48. Rifle is in excellent shape, would pass as new.

Can you message me some info/pics on the Tikka you have for sale?

K
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
K
Mountain Tactical did a recent video series on every component of the Tikka T3. Very informative. Videos on their site.

Unfortunately, Beretta does not import every LH Tikka made, but still lots to choose from.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Enels57
I have a Tikka 270, stainless with the black upper ware stock. I would sell it for $725 shipped in the lower 48. Rifle is in excellent shape, would pass as new.

Can't send photos via PM. I'll need an email address or a phone number to text them to.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.
IC B2

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by KenMi
Mountain Tactical did a recent video series on every component of the Tikka T3. Very informative. Videos on their site.

Unfortunately, Beretta does not import every LH Tikka made, but still lots to choose from.

Truth... My "ideal" Tikka would be a Left Hand 6.5x55 T3/T3x Super Light. Which was cataloged on the tikka.fi website a few years ago. That was the rifle I offered to pay for up front and wait for it to come across on a slow boat. No response. "Settled" for the LH 6.5CM SL that I picked up from SW last year.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by KenMi
Originally Posted by Orion2000
Truth... My "ideal" Tikka would be a Left Hand 6.5x55 T3/T3x Super Light..."Settled" for the LH 6.5CM....

I put two deer in the freezer this past season with a 6.5x55 shooting 140gr Partitions. For hunting whitetails in the southeast, it is a pretty good combination based on the excellent results I've seen. Unfortunately, the global Tikka website has 27 different LH models to choose from in that caliber while the USA website only has one T3x model with a wooden stock. But when it comes to hunting deer, I have serious doubts whether any of them could tell the difference between getting hit by a 6.5x55 vs a 6.5CM so all is not lost. I do like a classic cartridge but 6.5CM ammo is more readily available if you don't handload. I don't need another 6.5x55 SE but if Sako ever releases a LH Bavarian 90 in that model, I might be really tempted to continue my habit of making dubious purchasing decisions.

E
Enels57 Offline OP
OP Offline
E

Can't send photos via PM. I'll need an email address or a phone number to text them to.

Can you PM me please so I can give you contact info, I guess I don't have enough post to send you one

Last edited by Enels57; 04/13/24.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S

Can you PM me please so I can give you contact info, I guess I don't have enough post to send you one

I tried, it said:
Enels57 is over their Private Topic limit.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.
E
Enels57 Offline OP
OP Offline
E

I tried, it said:

Can you email me at ericnelson.nch+24hrgmail.com

IC B3

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I’ve had almost all of them and I have a mesa 7mm 08 now.

It shoots one ragged hole. The tikkas are good hubs as well.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S

I tried, it said:

Can you email me at [email protected]

Someone else committed to buying the .270

I still have the MESA and the Tikka 30-06. Both are new in box and I am selling for less than you could find them for anywhere else. Plus no sales tax.

E
Enels57 Offline OP
OP Offline
E
For the Ruger m77 fans, what's the differences between a m77 and a m77 Hawkeye? Is the Hawkeye just the newer version or are their significant differences?

E
Enels57 Offline OP
OP Offline
E

I tried, it said:

Can you email me at [email protected]

Someone else committed to buying the .270

I still have the MESA and the Tikka 30-06. Both are new in box and I am selling for less than you could find them for anywhere else. Plus no sales tax.

I appreciate you getting back to me. I have to ask, how do you accumulate rifles that you never shoot? I get so excited about gun purchases that I have to immediately clean them then head to the range lol.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Have a Mesa like Snowwolfe's. I'd suggest taking a good look at them. I like mine and it shoots very good.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Pretty easy actually. I have more guns than I need. The last five years I been more of a collector than a shooter. It doesn't help that we walk out the back door to deer hunt and our average shot is roughly 30-40 yards. Most of the deer I shot in the last 7 years have been killed with a MZ or a 30-30.
Since I am moving I am taking serious steps to sell of about half of my collection.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
For the Ruger m77 fans, what's the differences between a m77 and a m77 Hawkeye? Is the Hawkeye just the newer version or are their significant differences?
Hawkeye is the current iteration of the M77. Some early M77 MK II rifles were push feed but soon were dumped for controlled feed operation same as the current Hawkeye.

The Hawkeye has better LC6 trigger and some of mine are quite good. The MKII triggers are genuinely horrible, at least the ones ove owned. The fit and finish on the older rifles are far superior to the Hawkeye 77 but the Hawkeye proportions of the wood stocks are more trim and favorable IMO. All of them can use a good bedding job. Just my opinion.

E
Enels57 Offline OP
OP Offline
E
I ended up winning a gun broker auction on a m77 Hawkeye 270 that looks basically brand new for $625. Still has original box and contents so we will see when it comes in.

Now to search for rings and an optic 👌

Appreciate everyone's input here

O
OGB Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
I like the leupold made "ruger" rings.

Bore size is no substitute for shot placement and
Power is no substitute for bullet performance. 458WIN
E
Enels57 Offline OP
OP Offline
E
Originally Posted by OGB
I like the leupold made "ruger" rings.

I was looking at those and the warne rings. The warne rings look more robust but a pain if you swap scopes, which I don't do frequently.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

652 members (10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 160user, 163bc, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 76 invisible), 2,460 guests, and 1,351 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,961
Posts18,480,557
Members73,954
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.