Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
F
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
F
Originally Posted by Whttail_in_MT
Documentation says it's not user replaceable. If it gets to that point, plug in an external battery pack.

One has to ask about the average life of the battery - If the unit has to be returned to a designated repair point, then that brings about a 2 way shipping, labor and parts bill that could cause one to resort to cheap beer for the rest of the month. Battery life is generally shaped around recharges=usage, and to some degree, shelf life. Interesting as to why Garmin designed this unit around a non user repair? Tnx Whttail In MT for the info,

Dave
Life Member NRA
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Watch the use of battery packs as Garmin is a bit picky.

This Limited Warranty does not apply to: (i) cosmetic damage, such as scratches, nicks and dents; (ii) consumable parts, such as batteries, unless product damage has occurred due to a defect in materials or workmanship; (iii) damage caused by accident, abuse, misuse, water, flood, fire, or other acts of nature or external causes; (iv) damage caused by service performed by anyone who is not an authorized service provider of Garmin; (v) damage to a product that has been modified or altered without the written permission of Garmin, (vi) damage to a product that has been connected to power and/or data cables that are not supplied by Garmin or damage to a product that has been connected to AC adapters and cables that are not certified by UL (Underwriters Laboratories) and are not labeled as Limited Power Source (LPS).

Swifty
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
It's always a great idea to spend time worrying, wondering, and speculating on things that may never happen. The Garmin unit plain kicks asss.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
F
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
F
Originally Posted by JGRaider
It's always a great idea to spend time worrying, wondering, and speculating on things that may never happen. The Garmin unit plain kicks asss.

Rather than worrying and wondering I had rather use the term researching, and the battery in that Garmin will die. So, it's not over something that may not happen, as it will happen and when it does die your options are limited.
If and when I spend $600 on one of these units I'll know what I'm buying and won't be worrying and wondering what I'm going to do when the battery eventually dies. I'll be 85 in July and I've lived the last thirty years with a Pact unit that still works!! So, I think I can make it another couple of months and see what improvements LabRadar adds to their new unit, if any, and see what Caldwell comes up with.
Meanwhile, I'll continue researching what's available and the Pros & Cons offered from this Forum has been a big help. Thanks to all....

Dave
Life Member NRA
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
People fret over a Garmin's battery life on a phone that costs twice the money and has the same potential issue........

I prefer peace. But if trouble must come, let it come in my time, so that my children may live in peace. ~~ Thomas Paine
IC B2

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by FLPanhandle
Originally Posted by JGRaider

Rather than worrying and wondering I had rather use the term researching, and the battery in that Garmin will die. So, it's not over something that may not happen, as it will happen and when it does die your options are limited.
If and when I spend $600 on one of these units I'll know what I'm buying and won't be worrying and wondering what I'm going to do when the battery eventually dies. I'll be 85 in July and I've lived the last thirty years with a Pact unit that still works!! So, I think I can make it another couple of months and see what improvements LabRadar adds to their new unit, if any, and see what Caldwell comes up with.
Meanwhile, I'll continue researching what's available and the Pros & Cons offered from this Forum has been a big help. Thanks to all....

IF it eventually dies, I'll plug in a cheap battery pack and keep rockin'. Some people will still be researching I guess.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
That Garmin must pack a hellacious battery. I've tried to order one from three different outfits - no one will ship to my location in Alaska - PO Box or street address. Does it need a frickin' hazmat?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by MuskegMan
That Garmin must pack a hellacious battery. I've tried to order one from three different outfits - no one will ship to my location in Alaska - PO Box or street address. Does it need a frickin' hazmat?

Seems like it can be done.
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Hint............

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

P
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
P
I purchased a ProChrono DLX here earlier this week. Looking forward to it arriving.
Thanks to all that provided helpful information. Much appreciated.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Grabbed the Garmin Xero a couple weeks ago and it is great. I am coming from a CED Millenium chronograph. It's like going from the stoneage to the Jetsons.

What about guns?When do we get guns?
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have a magnetospeed that I’d sell you pretty cheap. I’m planning on a Garmon or new Radar

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Nail
Grabbed the Garmin Xero a couple weeks ago and it is great. I am coming from a CED Millenium chronograph. It's like going from the stoneage to the Jetsons.
Me too. Crazy difference in the operation and set up between the two. Buy once and cry once.................

If you find yourself in a hole....quit digging
D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
I have had a ProChrony DLX for years but recently bought the Garmin Xero.

I doubt I will ever use the DLX again as one range session with the Xero has me sold on it. I also have concerns about the non replaceable battery, and the comments on the use of battery packs is probably due to the lack of good charge control in the Xero, but I have a big battery for my GoPro that should work or any of the other USB-C batteries once the internal gets weak.

The competition will be hard pressed to match the Garmin, but a replaceable battery would be a smart addition for them.

I took my Xero to the local 50 yrd indoor range to function check a new AR10 build I did and the guy right next to me was shooting an AR15. The Xero did pick up his shots as well as mine but they were easy to identify since he was 200 FPS faster than me. I used the APP to select his shots and delete them and it was like he wasn't even there.

Keep in mind he was three feet to my left.

Works great for the 9mm and 45 pistols as well.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

103 members (7887mm08, 35, 69sportfury, AdventureBound, 6mmCreedmoor, 10 invisible), 1,491 guests, and 901 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,118
Posts18,483,515
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.