Campfire Tracker
D
TAG

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by JeffyD
Anybody still wondering why good, respectable members are turning away from this forum?
No, nothing wrong with this forum unless you have thin skin, I much rather have a forum like this than having admins and moderators censoring free speech.
Originally Posted by tripod3
I vote Honda, talked with a couple ranchers today, they favored Champion over Predator.
I like my Champion they have a good reputation with their generators.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Riverc
Anybody still wondering why good, respectable members are turning away from this forum?
No, nothing wrong with this forum unless you have thin skin, I much rather have a forum like this than having admins and moderators censoring free speech.
Just some people are looking to power more than a Pocket Pussy

And you are licking the other side of the same cock

Does this qualify as free speech or someone just to stupid to have a coherent thought?

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by blairvt

Does this qualify as free speech or someone just to stupid to have a coherent thought?
This is simple to answer GFY

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L

Some of the members are mentally challenged, should we discriminate against them ?
Tards are entitled to same free speech.

Roy

What this world needs is a few more Rednecks.

The Dildō Of Consequence Rarely Arrives Lubed

Waterboarding isn't illegal if you use diesel

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
For $500, I'd prefer this Champion 2400 from Cabelas

CHAMPION

That said, I do have a Predator post hole digger that I bought a few years ago. For occasional use, it works find. Predator engines seem to work well but parts can be a problem. For low use where you'll never wear it out, they seem to do ok.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Predator and I've used the Honda and Generex also. had to rebuild the carburetor on the Generex. Why spend more when the predator does the same thing for less money unless you're trying to impress folks by spending more?

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
Originally Posted by RAM
Originally Posted by earlybrd
Originally Posted by RAM
Originally Posted by earlybrd
Originally Posted by RAM
Yo Egg. Northern and Harbor deal the same trash. Probably same owners.
Mine runs fine does tha job unless you got sumthin better stfu🥴

And you are licking the other side of the same cock.
I got a real pussy to tend to 2x today so far 🤪 go charge ur dill do dumfuk

I realize your foam filled Ph.ukdoll seems real to you. But that is not the information these Consumers are looking for. Go hose her out and wait for another thread.
Go flick ur bean and find a news link🖕

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
"Lucky I bought the extended warranty with the harbor freight generator. the generator runs great but I have had the on/off switches go out on 2 of them. Turn them off and they don't shut down. have to choke them to shut them off."

Same here. I didn't buy the extended warranty and it didn't fail until after the regular warranty lapsed so I took it apart myself. Harbor Freight would do nothing except say I should have bought the warranty.

All I did was unplug/replug one connection I could get to but it has shutoff with the switch ever since. If it fails again I'll just go back to turning the on/off switch to "start" which chokes it to a stop.

Not much room to work on the internals the way everything is compacted in there. I could hardly get my fingers in to move wire harnesses around to try and trace a ground wire

Otherwise it works good.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I vote Honda.

Life can be rough on us dreamers.
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I am still using the 5kw TroyBilt generator that FEMA bought for me after Hurricane Katrina tore things up in Miami, back in 2005. Still starts on the first pull. Noisy little bastard though.

Sam......

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
The neighbors bought a Harbor Freight 220v model. The power went out so they had me fire it up. The gas line leaked, it was very noisy , and does not idle down. The owner does not like it. Everyone has their own standards, so if it works for you , it’s all that matters.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
If you want a generator when you need one.....Honda.

If you want to say you have a generator......Predator.

If you could have either one for free, which one would you take? Why ?

Roy

What this world needs is a few more Rednecks.

The Dildō Of Consequence Rarely Arrives Lubed

Waterboarding isn't illegal if you use diesel

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Honda Generators and pumps , i wont buy anything else. I have an Onan in my 5th wheel sucks fuel big time.

Norm

There is not enough darkness in all the world to put out the light of even one small candle----Robert Alden .
If it wern't entertaining, I wouldn't keep coming back.------the BigSky

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
I’ve been doing the research on this myself. There is no doubt that Honda is first rate, but the Predators get really good reviews from lots of people. There are threads on other forums talking about how good they are.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have two of the Powerhorse 2300 inverter generators.I can hook them together if I need more power.They are well built and very comparatable to the Honda.I've used the Honda's before at work and I can't tell the difference between the two.I bought mine after Hurricane Harvey and used it for four days until my power was restored.I bought one for my Aunt and Uncle in Rockport,ground zero for Harvey.They used it and mine for two weeks until their power was restored.I bought my second one after the Texas Ice Age Storm of 2021.After realizing how much I was depending on one unit not failing during those critical times,for the price,I felt it was worth buying a second one for back up.Since the newest one had a two year warranty,I drained the fuel and changed the oil on the older one and have it stored in the box the new one came in.I keep mine by my back door with ethanol free gas and fuel stabilizer ready to go anytime I have a power outage.This generator will run about eight hours on a tank of gas that's about a gallon.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
As Bob Hagel would say"You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong."Good words of wisdom...............
W
Campfire Tracker
Online Sad
Campfire Tracker
W
Some years ago before the 2200 came out I bought two Honda 2000 models, one standard and the other the "Companion" model, and the parallel kit to jump them together for running the AC on RVs.
I bought them at different times, lightly used and in great condition in the $800 range.
I have never regretted getting them for one minute, flawless performance.

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
We run four honda 2000 they might be 2200, don't remember, two are 8 years old the other two are two years old. Anyway we power conveyors harvesting algae out of the lake. Those things run 10 to 12 hour days, for three months out of the year. We always use startron in the fuel. They are running 3/4 horse motors, with a 100 to one gear box. They also run the lights, during night harvest. Big led light bars front and both sides. So I would vote Honda.
About 15 years ago, Champion built a new factory to make generators. To date they make and sell about a dozen other branded generators. Just because it's not yellow doesn't mean it isn't built by champion. Most of the champion built for others are 3500 or more watts. I would buy Honda, and never look back.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by LRoyJetson

Some of the members are mentally challenged, should we discriminate against them ?
Tards are entitled to same free speech.

And here you are.

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
But Honda

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

238 members (308xray, 2ndwind, 35WhelenNut, 30Gibbs, 338Rules, 32 invisible), 2,093 guests, and 1,107 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,864
Posts18,478,613
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.