Long time lurker, first time poster.

I purchased a post 64 model 70 with CRF serial number g181xxx in 25-06. The previous owner replaced the extractor with a left handed extractor for some unknown reason. I purchased this for the action only for a build into a 30-06.

I found a right handed extractor on ebay and purchased it. It fits the bolt but does not have enough pressure against the case to extract reliably. Further research shows that this extractor has 3 separate variations with 1 dash, 2 dashes or 3 dashes on the front of the extractor. The ebay seller stated it fit the 30-06 family and is a 3 dash. During my research i found a photo of a 1 dash on a 30-06 of a similar time frame.

My question is would a 1 dash extractor be the correct fix? I could not find any information on what the dashes mean or what size they are for. If the 3 dash should fit the 30-06 size case then i may need to fix or fit this one differently. There also appears to be extra space between the extractor and bolt face that may be the issue, the extractor isnt keeping the case firm on the bolt face.

Ive read the previous fixes of purchasing a williams extractor but they are no longer available unless someone has one lying around that i could purchase.

I appriciate the help!