Print Thread
Hop To
C
cotis Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
I read a few years ago that a company was remaking the T\C Contender or some other version from scratch. Supposed to be “new and improved”. What is the status of this? I read there were bumps in the road (should have been expected), parts are late and costs are going up. Has it become a going concern yet? Is product going out the door? If so, is it any good?

Welcome to TN - patron state of shootin’ stuff
GB1

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I'm on waiting list, no word for months.

P
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
P
They are getting a few at a time at Haus of Arms. I was on wait list for a long time , got an email from them a few weeks back with a link to order the next day if I chose to. They had like 30 frames. I did not order then and was told my name would still be on the list until I ordered one.... Joe

Doing the right thing is not always the easiest thing. It still needs doing..
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by cotis
I read a few years ago that a company was remaking the T\C Contender or some other version from scratch. Supposed to be “new and improved”. What is the status of this? I read there were bumps in the road (should have been expected), parts are late and costs are going up. Has it become a going concern yet? Is product going out the door? If so, is it any good?

I'm not sure. I read on one of the Contender barrel makers' site that they didn't warrant the fit of their barrels to the SSK frames because there was too much unit to unit variation, the barrels are only guaranteed to fit real TC frames. They said you can try them on the SSK frames but if they don't work you're on your own.

Anyone who thinks there's two sides to everything hasn't met a M�bius strip.

Here be dragons ...
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by T_O_M
Originally Posted by cotis

I'm not sure. I read on one of the Contender barrel makers' site that they didn't warrant the fit of their barrels to the SSK frames because there was too much unit to unit variation, the barrels are only guaranteed to fit real TC frames. They said you can try them on the SSK frames but if they don't work you're on your own.

I guess those of us on the waiting list will have to hope that things work out. I only have MGM barrels. The thought of trying each one to see if it fits is unsettling. I hope that this is a nasty Internets rumour with no basis in fact. These things spread like wildfire, especially the past few years. People will believe virtually anything they read on the world wide weird. shocked

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
IC B2

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by Steve Redgwell
I guess those of us on the waiting list will have to hope that things work out. I only have MGM barrels. The thought of trying each one to see if it fits is unsettling. I hope that this is a nasty Internets rumour with no basis in fact. These things spread like wildfire, especially the past few years. People will believe virtually anything they read on the world wide weird. shocked

From SSK's web site: https://www.sskfirearms.com/receiver-ssk-50-complete-1251.html

- See the last of the first set of paragraphs.
- See "additional notes."

I would not consider information direct from SSK to be a nasty rumor with no basis in fact.

Tom

Anyone who thinks there's two sides to everything hasn't met a M�bius strip.

Here be dragons ...
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by T_O_M
Originally Posted by Steve Redgwell

From SSK's web site: https://www.sskfirearms.com/receiver-ssk-50-complete-1251.html

- See the last of the first set of paragraphs.
- See "additional notes."

I would not consider information direct from SSK to be a nasty rumor with no basis in fact.

Tom

Oh my. That applies to Gen 1s. It could be bad news for owners of older frames. frown

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Some TC early bbls had issues on TC frames.

SSK disclaimer is expected.

Proly will have same if anybody else makes receivers.

Last edited by hookeye; 04/18/24.
A
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
A
I was on the waiting list and was able to purchase a new SSK 50 frame a couple of weeks ago from Haus of Arms after being notified. Two SSK barrels I tried fit the SSK 50 just fine, but two MGM barrels I tried will not fully close. All of the barrels I have fit three other Contender frames, one old, one 'easy open' and one stainless. I have one more of each brand to try out, but the pattern so far is not encouraging since I really like the MGM barrels and have another on order. I have not shot with the new SSK receiver yet.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
Bullberry barrel worked Great for me. Lockup was perfect. Had that easy snap I have grown to love over the last 40 years
Safe shooting
Doug
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Enjoy life but remember, we are only practicing for something Better
IC B3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

568 members (007FJ, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 56 invisible), 2,074 guests, and 1,305 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,044
Posts18,482,146
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.