Print Thread
Hop To
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11
P
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
P
KB. Hypocrisy looks good on you. You wear it well.

GB1

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
The man’s a hell of a shot with a bow.

Originally Posted by KillerBee
Good evening Blackheart,

At 80 yards with my bow I can hit this 50% of the time, the other shots are really close.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Just for the record ....

I'm in no way opposed to any form of hunting, guided (hired guns, lol) DIY, high fence, archery, crossbow, handgun, blackpowder, rifle, long range, spear, switchblade knife or nunchuks .... etc....

If the area you hunt in, allows it by law... then it's 100% the hunters responsibility to hunt morally and responsibly and take wild game as efficiently as possible with the least amount of suffering imparted on the animals

What pisses me off is these guys that have zero clue on a certain form of hunting that they have no experience in, always prattle on like old women, wringing their hands and wagging their fingers in attempts to condemn something they are ignorant about

Like the 85 year old guy who's been hunting since he was 15... and still can't shoot past 400 yards

A self imposed range limit because he knows he doesn't have the ability or skill past that, failed to practice/train and failed to acquire the proper firearm chambered in a proper cartridge and bullets for long range hunting

None of that is a bad thing, as long as he acknowledges his skill level and hunts to the best of his abilities

But when these guys that failed themselves ..... attempt to school and scold those who have taken the time to learn, by using made up ethics scenarios based on their own disabilities .... ?

That is absolutely disgraceful behavior of any hunter and people like that should be ashamed of themselves and their blatant hypocricy

Hunters have enough enemies, we don't need or deserve to have our own clawing at our own

"The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants".
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by AKwolverine
The man’s a hell of a shot with a bow.

I have been hunting with a bow since 1984, ya I am an excellent shot with my bows, better than most.

Last edited by KillerBee; 04/07/24.

KB

M
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
M
Originally Posted by Swamplord
Just for the record ....

I'm in no way opposed to any form of hunting, guided (hired guns, lol) DIY, high fence, archery, crossbow, handgun, blackpowder, rifle, long range, spear, switchblade knife or nunchuks .... etc....

If the area you hunt in, allows it by law... then it's 100% the hunters responsibility to hunt morally and responsibly and take wild game as efficiently as possible with the least amount of suffering imparted on the animals

What pisses me off is these guys that have zero clue on a certain form of hunting that they have no experience in, always prattle on like old women, wringing their hands and wagging their fingers in attempts to condemn something they are ignorant about

Like the 85 year old guy who's been hunting since he was 15... and still can't shoot past 400 yards

A self imposed range limit because he knows he doesn't have the ability or skill past that, failed to practice/train and failed to acquire the proper firearm chambered in a proper cartridge and bullets for long range hunting

None of that is a bad thing, as long as he acknowledges his skill level and hunts to the best of his abilities

But when these guys that failed themselves ..... attempt to school and scold those who have taken the time to learn, by using made up ethics scenarios based on their own disabilities .... ?

That is absolutely disgraceful behavior of any hunter and people like that should be ashamed of themselves and their blatant hypocricy

Hunters have enough enemies, we don't need or deserve to have our own clawing at our own
Sir: I never stated I could not shoot past 400 yards, I did say, of the number of wild sheep, I have taken none of them were beyond what I believed to be 400yards. I only carried a range finder on one sheep hunt, my last, s big horn here in Wyoming, a friend that accompanied me to s assist with our horses , camp and etc. range that ram at 395 yards. I was using a model 70 Winchester 270, Leupold variXlll standard turrets and hand loaded ammo. Shooting off my pack on a solid rock, held hair line and took him cleanly. To you long range shooters that a chip shot, for me, at my age it’s a good poke, but I felt comfortable , another 100 yards. I would have passed and looked to get closer, so are you going to condemn me for adhering to my own self imposed limitations. And by the way I do own several so called long range varmit rifles and routinely shoot varmits at extended ranges. I just chose to not do so on big game. If I gave the impression I am condemning all long range, shooting big game categorically that isn’t my intent, I simply brought up the subject to call attention to some of the videos on the net that do not reflect well on a sport we all love and hold dear. I assume all, on this web have seen them , your reaction may differ from mine, but I can tell you, without reservations , the non hunting public finds it repulsive.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
When faced with the same question, my answer was 7PRC with a 22" barrel suppressed.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 257Bob
When faced with the same question, my answer was 7PRC with a 22" barrel suppressed.

That should work great.
E

Ernie "The Un-Tactical"

[Linked Image]
http://sebrests-usa.com/
C
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
C
Building another lol. Not really a dedicated elk rifle, but would work just fine.
Defiance classic, 22 inch proof, Hawkins m5, pure precision altitude, scythe, nxs 22 power.

6.5x284

Pics to come

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Coyote10
Building another lol. Not really a dedicated elk rifle, but would work just fine.
Defiance classic, 22 inch proof, Hawkins m5, pure precision altitude, scythe, nxs 22 power.

6.5x284

Pics to come

Love the 6.5-284 and the 284 Winchester. Taken a lot of different animals with those two cartridges, and have had fun on steel and paper at distance to boot.

Ernie "The Un-Tactical"

[Linked Image]
http://sebrests-usa.com/
C
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
C
Had one in a ridgeline. Didn't care for it. Shot a 6.5x06 for 10 or so years. Figured this would help me reminisce lol. Almost went 6.5 prc but had a long action.

IC B3

Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

603 members (160user, 1936M71, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 12344mag, 007FJ, 70 invisible), 2,847 guests, and 1,355 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,234
Posts18,485,703
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.