Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
It’s amazing that what we see with our eyes, in what appears to be very real world testing of first round hits on the vital area, doesn’t apply to us somehow.
My expectation is that if this kind of contest were continued many times over, the hit percentages would not change much.

We are free to hunt and shoot as we prefer but the facts are built with either hits or misses.

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Originally Posted by xphunter
Yes, I have filmed a few of them...Beyond a shadow of a doubt
People want proof that guys who hunt at distance shoot from the prone.
It is quite common around here.
Someone gives proof...Oh you are grandstanding Ha! You gotta love it!
It is quite evident, even when someone responds to a comment with evidence, you will find a way to tear it down or attempt to negate it.

Never hunted with anyone who had a camera with them...Does your phone have a camera or video in it???

Even though you are irritating, I have more pity for you than anything else.
If this is your public posture, I don't even want to know how dark your heart is.
I hope your day is much better than your words.
Not much point carrying a phone into places with no cell service. I got all the proof of my marksmanship abilities I needed on the firing lines of the many local, state and regional competitions I participated in.

FYI, you can still take photos without cell service.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I've tent camped and tracked deer 10 miles a day in the Adirondacks. How about you ? The fact is, you have no clue what it's like here. At least I've been there.

You're quite vocal about no phone or camera on your person. How about a GPS, I'm still curious about the tracking deer 10Mi/day. How do you know you went 10Mi trailing deer?

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
My sportsmans club doesn't have any of that. They have a 100 yard range chopped through the woods with one bench that I have to myself 95% of the time.[/quote]

Sounds like a blast lmao.
That'd get old in about 5 minutes.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by horse1
I've tent camped and tracked deer 10 miles a day in the Adirondacks. How about you ? The fact is, you have no clue what it's like here. At least I've been there.

You're quite vocal about no phone or camera on your person. How about a GPS, I'm still curious about the tracking deer 10Mi/day. How do you know you went 10Mi trailing deer?

BlackTart is a Lying Piece Of CLUELESS Fhuqking Schit. Hint.

Fortunately for her,Imagination and Pretend are free,so she can "afford" to "contribute". She is a MAGNIFICENT Professional Victim. Hint...............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
IC B2

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Lmao.
Everybody is a lying piece of clueless.........according to stack.
But he's right most of the time.

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by 257Bob
It is quite evident, even when someone responds to a comment with evidence, you will find a way to tear it down or attempt to negate it.

Never hunted with anyone who had a camera with them...Does your phone have a camera or video in it???

If this is your public posture, I don't even want to know how dark your heart is.
Not much point carrying a phone into places with no cell service. I got all the proof of my marksmanship abilities I needed on the firing lines of the many local, state and regional competitions I participated in.

Oh wow. You blew up the internet in upstate NY.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 257Bob

He will argue that fact with you.

As long as he can disagree about the way someone does something he will.

You could say you're doing something the same way he does but he will argue with you about your methods.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Fury01
It’s amazing that what we see with our eyes, in what appears to be very real world testing of first round hits on the vital area, doesn’t apply to us somehow.
My expectation is that if this kind of contest were continued many times over, the hit percentages would not change much.

We are free to hunt and shoot as we prefer but the facts are built with either hits or misses.
There exist many shooters that are competent making shots on game at 600+ yards, depending on conditions and other variables. The participants they chose to showcase in the milk jug challenge do not appear to fit in that category.

The challenge should be adapted to reflect the good judgement of seasoned LR shooters. Truly capable shooters can recognize conditions in which they would not take a shot on a BG animal. If the intent is to approximate BG field shooting, the challenge should offer the option to take the shot at each jug, given the conditions at the time, where a hit is +1 point, and a miss is -5 points. Highest cumulative score wins.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
I am not a seasoned long range hunter but have done a fair amount of longish range shooting. I'm fairly aware of my capabilities. One thing I can say for certain, if one does enough shooting to really know the limits of his rifle and himself, he can do some surprisingly consistent shooting. My first shots, at known ranges out to 900m, were usually bulls or "V"s.
I can consistently make good shots (heart/lung) on the M-S pigs at 300m, with my hunting rifles, from an unsupported sitting position. From the same position, without dialing, I cannot regularly make first shot clean hits on the rams. So, I'll shoot game at 300, but won't at 500. That's just me. By the way, I'm sad to say, I cannot hit anywhere near that consistently offhand, so my silhouette scores are not so great.
Ultimately, I confine verification of my long range abilities to the target range and that's not part of my hunting experience. Again, that's just me. GD

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Have a visiting pard,who has never shot past 100yds. Once done with Casting this morning,I set him up with my Accuracy International AT-X wearing it's 7" RPM K&P 'Dasher spout,with .620 BC 112's at 2820fps and single digit SD/ES. I gave him a wind call(half value) and he was within 1/2" of his aiming point at 650yds,on a rifle he'd never shot(had him dry fire the two-stage trigger 3x) and he blew his own fhuqking mind. Arca 'pod up front and rear fist under stern,from a tree stump,not 30 minutes ago. Hint.

BlackTart has NEVER even "seen" Good Riggin',let alone "shot" same and her Brokedicktitude precludes an opportunity to do so. Hint.............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Some people don't get around very much and think their way is the only way. What's the odds of someone killing a prairie goat while sneaking around still hunting with a 30/30?

Life is good live it while you can.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by TrueGrit
Some people don't get around very much and think their way is the only way. What's the odds of someone killing a prairie goat while sneaking around still hunting with a 30/30?
My grandpa only used an iron sighted 30/30 to shoot antelope!

"I was born in the log cabin I helped my grandfather build"
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
I tried to watch it but the feminine pretty boy with the creepy smile just ruins it for me.

Last edited by mjbgalt; 04/16/24.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ruffcutt
Originally Posted by TrueGrit
My grandpa only used an iron sighted 30/30 to shoot antelope!
Pfft, my great great gram pappy used to shoot em with a .54 and patched round balls. He only had 1 leg too.

Try standing on one leg and getting a speed goat kilt from the standing position.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy
The backfire guy is a skinny-fat beta male

It used to puzzle me as to why there are so many fat people making videos like this, until it occurred to me that a large number of their audience don't see that guy as fat. I did try to watch the video but couldn't get past the first competitor introduction, a morbidly obese guy.

It really is amazing how bad things have gotten that anyone takes people like that as capable of anything other than collapsing a chair.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Stickfight
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy
The backfire guy is a skinny-fat beta male

It used to puzzle me as to why there are so many fat people making videos like this, until it occurred to me that a large number of their audience don't see that guy as fat. I did try to watch the video but couldn't get past the first competitor introduction, a morbidly obese guy.

It really is amazing how bad things have gotten that anyone takes people like that as capable of anything other than collapsing a chair.

Yeah, the Four(4) Burpees was telling.

Ha!

GR

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
JFC! heavier people not capable of anything.

Eric Cortina is a bit puffy wouldn't ya think? Just a frealkin national champion is all. Maybe he won all his titles before dinner. crazy

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Erik just won the Texas state F-Open match (5th time he has done this) about a week ago.
1000 yards.
Not A Hunting Rifle...

X-Ring is 5" in diameter - 20 shot strings.
10 Ring is 10" in diameter.
Shooting from the prone position.

199-8X, 198-8X, 198-12X, 200-12X, 198-11X = 993-51X
Phenomenal shooting!

Second place was 988-45X

Ernie "The Un-Tactical"

[Linked Image]
http://sebrests-usa.com/
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Be Wary, Wary Quiet, woor hunting Milk Wugs laugh

I have decided to take the Milk Jug Challenge. I have never done a video before so making a video with a spotting scope will be the most challenging aspect of this challenge.

You can attach your cell phone to a spotting scope to film long-range shooting, so I purchased a Gosky 20-60x80 Spotting Scope and Tripod, as shown below, a picture of the system I am using to film my challenge with an exploding milk jug photo on my cell phone because that is what I expect to see. cool

I will also do a video out to 800 yards later this summer. The target I will set up at 800 yards when I do that will be 25” x 25”. I will post that video as well. I look forward to seeing the groups I get @ 800 yards.

I will be shooting my Weatherby .300 Win Mag, topped with my Huskemaw Blue Diamond 5-20x50, the same scope the guide used. Ammunition, off-the-shelf Nosler Trophy Grade Accubond Long Range Cartridges in 190 gr.

Good luck to all who participate in this challenge.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Last edited by KillerBee; 04/27/24.

KB

Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

225 members (16penny, 308xray, 2ndwind, 30Gibbs, 338Rules, 32 invisible), 1,940 guests, and 1,098 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,864
Posts18,478,613
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.