Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
It's NOT a new rule. It's a proposal. ATF has no power to make law. Congress does.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
GB1

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
You're a fugging idiot. I don't believe anyone here is looking to you for any advice on current events.

I guess you think the ATF wouldn't shoot and kill an innocent man in a raid either.....

Last edited by reivertom; 04/16/24.
G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Says the expert with the girlfriend jacking off the pool cue ?

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by Reloder28
It's NOT a new rule. It's a proposal. ATF has no power to make law. Congress does.
well yes the ATF does not have power to make laws and they are still tied up on court with some other stuff they tried to do. that has not stopped them. and Biden has signed this and my understanding it will take effect in 30 days.

now I'm sure it's going to get challenged in court by several people/groups and we'll see how it comes out...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jimone
Untied Snakes of America

Somewhere there is a snake that has been tied in a knot that wishes he could join but he can't.

IC B2

A
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
A

Congress DID pass a new legislation authorizing this new rule making. It's called the Safer Communities Act.

You can thank John Cornyn for it's passage.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

Congress DID pass a new legislation authorizing this new rule making. It's called the Safer Communities Act.

You can thank John Cornyn for it's passage.

I don't thank john cornyn for anything. In fact, nothing would give me greater pleasure than pissing on his skinned head.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
The whole FFL requirement fails the Bruen standard on whether it violates the Second Amendment, since in the early decades of our nation's history, post adoption of the Bill of Rights, there was no requirement that one possess a Federal Firearms License to make a living buying and selling firearms. It needs to be challenged on that basis, thus eliminating the entire FFL requirement.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ldholton
one of the really bad parts of this he is like when Grandpa dies and he had a sizable gun collection. and say none of the family is very interested in or Grandma needs the money or the kids need the money after Grandpa's gone they can no longer sell his collection and collect the money without going through a dealer and pay commission or take a raping on the price you get or pay an auctioneer a percentage to auction them off.

that will cost some people a lot of money... and it's total [bleep] bullshit..

90% will go to an auction house around here. Mo money, auctioneer handles all the transfers for 10% from seller and 15% buyers premium. Selling on your own is foolish.

Swifty
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
The whole FFL requirement fails the Bruen standard on whether it violates the Second Amendment, since in the early decades of our nation's history, post adoption of the Bill of Rights, there was no requirement that one possess a Federal Firearms License to make a living buying and selling firearms. It needs to be challenged on that basis, and thus eliminate the entire FFL requirement.
and that is already in works on several different angles..
we will see how that comes out..

IC B3

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
I sure hope the Supremes give their Chevron Defense ruling soon, and that they decide against agencies grossly overreaching.
Apparently, the ATF is doing this to be in compliance with a recently passed bipartisan law (supported by both Democrats and Republicans) that eliminates the necessity for the seller to be making a substantial part of his living selling guns to be categorized as a dealer. Now, all that's left (thanks to the new law) is that you make a profit in gun sales. Many Republicans need to be primaried for supporting and voting for this.

S
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
S
I was set up in a large gun show this last weekend, did ok I didn't have any guns to sell, did buy a 22 pistol tho. 5-6 dealer I know said it was there last show. Probably mine too. Just a bad vibe, alot of people not many guns being sold. Mostly small stuff holsters ,knives. Ammo ect. Crowd down from previous years my check went thru pretty quickly, but heard of some not I do have a CPL, I heard some took a long time to go thru, and a few didn't get thru. Guy I bought mine from does have a FFL. He said it probably was his last show also, not much money anymore to much paper work ect. The days of the gun shows are about done I'm thinking!

Deer Camp! about as good as it gets!
A
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by WMR
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
You're a fugging idiot. I don't believe anyone here is looking to you for any advice on current events.

I disagree. AS is no idiot. His bad spelling notwithstanding, he is usually pretty on the ball. He's smart enough to know that none of the examples he cited would be illegal according to the the linked video. I do agree that giving BATFE a bunch of discretion will likely not end well for gun owners. The idea that there could be a presumption of guilt is pretty horrifying. That flies in the face of our legal tradition.
Exactly. No honest person would consider my examples as being in the business, but a creative AFT agent could turn each into the next Ruby Ridge.

Last edited by antelope_sniper; 04/17/24.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I've honestly never been to a gun show in my life.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
I sure hope the Supremes give their Chevron Defense ruling soon, and that they decide against agencies grossly overreaching.
Apparently, the ATF is doing this to be in compliance with a recently passed bipartisan law (supported by both Democrats and Republicans) that eliminates the necessity for the seller to be making a substantial part of his living selling guns to be categorized as a dealer. Now, all that's left (thanks to the new law) is that you make a profit in gun sales. Many Republicans need to be primaried for supporting and voting for this.

No, you do not have to make a profit.

If you intended to make a profit and sell at a loss they can still consider you a dealer.

W
WMR Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
I’d expect BATFE to be scouring shows and online sales to look for folks flipping guns soon after purchase. Maybe even selling some guns low themselves and watching for buyers mark them up for quick resale. Those would be easy ways to gather evidence. Likewise, asking a seller the backstory on a gun displayed for sale might give a talkative seller the rope he needs to hang himself.

Also, don’t misunderstand, simply using a FFL dealer for the transfer is not proof of compliance. One could do this and still be “engaged in the business”.

It’s quite apparent that this has already sent shockwaves of fear through the gun owning community. That itself is a big victory for leftists. Add in a few high profile prosecutions and the objective will have been met.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Anybody have the definition of "repetitively" handy?

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Cheyenne
Anybody have the definition of "repetitively" handy?
Exactly. It's wide open. 100% subjective and arbitrary.

N
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
N
How would they know if they’re not keeping a record or registry of people and their gun deals?

That’s a rhetorical question by the way.

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by saddlering
I was set up in a large gun show this last weekend, did ok I didn't have any guns to sell, did buy a 22 pistol tho. 5-6 dealer I know said it was there last show. Probably mine too. Just a bad vibe, alot of people not many guns being sold. Mostly small stuff holsters ,knives. Ammo ect. Crowd down from previous years my check went thru pretty quickly, but heard of some not I do have a CPL, I heard some took a long time to go thru, and a few didn't get thru. Guy I bought mine from does have a FFL. He said it probably was his last show also, not much money anymore to much paper work ect. The days of the gun shows are about done I'm thinking!

Hey John

Which show what that?
Gun shows are changing I hope they can survive

And the fact is none of this will change anything in regards to crime

Hank

Thank You Lord for another day,Help my Brother along the way

When you mature,you realize hospitals and schools are businesses,and the Beatles were geniuses

Live Like A Champion Today

NRA EndowmentLife Member,My Daughter is also a Life Member
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

437 members (22kHornet, 160user, 257man, 17CalFan, 22250rem, 10Glocks, 41 invisible), 1,767 guests, and 1,079 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,874
Posts18,478,834
Members73,947
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.