Print Thread
Hop To
J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
That voting block on I-35 from Wichita to Topeka to Lawrence to KC really screws up the politics of the rest of the state.

T
TCK Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
I think the 2 step procedure that is under criticism has to do with being detained for a long time while while waiting for a drug dog. Mostly along I-70 coming out of Colorado You get pulled over you could be detained for couple hours or more waiting for a dog.
Kansas is heavily populated in the eastern 1/3rd of the state.
90% of Kansas population lives within a hours drive of the I-35 from Wichita to KC
More people live in Topeka and Lawrence area (Shawnee & Douglas counties) than all of the western half of Kansas.
More than a few of the western counties barely have 2000 people living there.
The stuff about the KHP commander sexism is valid but settled and not germane to the 2 step procedure.

Last edited by TCK; 05/05/23.
I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
In the months following legalization of MJ sales in Ontario Or, Idaho State Police actively intercepted drug purchasers coming home from Oregon. I witnessed several times, two Staters parked 13 miles into Id and 26 miles into Id on I84. Each of the four cars was a K9 unit. No need to wait for service.

It was commonly known that ISP used surveillance of the dispensary parking lots, and notified the troopers of the cars headed back to Idaho. All the troopers had to do was catch them on radar exceeding the 80 mph speed limit bt a couple miles. As a matter of fact, the 26 mile stop was about a half mile behind the first 65 mph limit sign where it dropped from 80. Pull them over and let the dog alert on the car.

With a population of less than 12,000 people, Ontario has at least six pot shops in town. Driving past, it is easy to see that better than half the cars in the parking lot have Idaho plates.

ISP might have bowed to political pressure, as I have not seen such patrols on the freeway for a couple years now. I had heard they were putting considerable strain on the jails and courts of the counties in which the arrests were made.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Happened to me three years ago.
I was moving from Colo to Minnesota, driving a Penske moving van. Was pulled over east of Salina on I-70. I was going 5 mph under the speed limit. Trooper said I was weaving. I was not. Then a second patrolman pulled up. He and a dog got out and walked around my van twice, he with a mirror on a long stick looking at the underside of the truck and the dog sniffing. They found nothing and left. The original trooper gave me back my license and said have a nice day.
I said, what the hells going on?
He said there’s lots of drug and human trafficking going through here. We are just looking for it.
I had my gun collection in the truck. Wonder what they would have done had they opened the truck and discovered quite a few firearms, all legal by the way.

Last edited by dale06; 05/06/23.

NRA Patron
IC B2

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Many jurisdictions find creative ways to make money off the citizenry passing by. In Texas we have speed traps where local police sit and wait for people traveling along the interstate going a few m/hr over the speed limit. The fines pay for expenses. That's also what state troopers do for a living. They are traffic cops mostly.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
In Arizona the DPS officers are traffic control officers. They get real huffy when you point that out. One of their tricks is to sit in the median and watch traffic headed into the sun. They use binoculars and watch for cracked windshields. Then they look to see if you are wearing your seatbelt. They won’t stop you for a cracked windshield because that is a repair order and there is no money in it. A seatbelt violation is a $25 fine but with court costs and other fees it is bout $100. Law enforcement often degenerates into a game of cat and mouse.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Common occurrence in Nebraska until they reined in civil asset forfeiture. They are primarily looking for cash.

Swifty
S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
Should award at least $2.3mil to every person that was ever stopped in this manner.

https://www.ksal.com/khp-ordered-to-pay-2-3-million/

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Kansas politics puzzles me. They seem to like electing grandmother seahag type democrat women as governors. Kathleen sebelius was the previous sea hag that got elected.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
This happened to my nephew a few years ago in Texas. He'd finished a year of college and was headed home to WA for the summer. He detoured through TX and got stopped and searched exactly like this. He did have long hair and a beard but he's rabidly anti-drugs. He was stopped for some ridiculous reason that I can't remember. They kept him for several hours and brought in a drug dog which found nothing. They about tore his car apart and of course didn't fix it. He had a large repair bill.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by cumminscowboy
Kansas politics puzzles me. They seem to like electing grandmother seahag type democrat women as governors. Kathleen sebelius was the previous sea hag that got elected.
I was living in Wichita when she was governor. I tell you Sam Brownback made a mess with Kansas that man was not a leader piss poor governor. Laura Kelly sucks too. I moved out of Kansa in 2013.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Still a Red Legs state, always has been, far west is only part I go.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
"was run"

Even birds know not to land downwind!

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

335 members (1lesfox, 160user, 2500HD, 10ring1, 01Foreman400, 12344mag, 27 invisible), 1,998 guests, and 1,093 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,244
Posts18,486,026
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.