T
tmitch Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T

Charter Member
Ancient order of the 1895 Winchester

"It's an insecure and petite man who demands all others like what he likes and dislike what he dislikes."
szihn

GB1

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
That one won't last long. Looks like it's been cerakoted, and laser ported. Got to be a hell of a man to shoot it with that factory pad. That would come off instantly, and would be replaced with a 1" red pachmayr!!!

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
T
tmitch Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
That rifle should be spoken for by now, hopefully someone here. If I didn't already have one in stainless I wouldn't have posted, I woulda been calling! I haven't swapped pads on mine but I don't find it too objectionable to shoot, of course I may have more natural "padding" on my shoulder than some, lol. I've found I'd rather shoot my .338 than my .300 mag in an identical rifle.

Charter Member

"It's an insecure and petite man who demands all others like what he likes and dislike what he dislikes."
szihn

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Give it a few weeks and you’ll get to see it again on GunBroker.

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Gone

IC B2

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by tmitch
That rifle should be spoken for by now, hopefully someone here. If I didn't already have one in stainless I wouldn't have posted, I woulda been calling! I haven't swapped pads on mine but I don't find it too objectionable to shoot, of course I may have more natural "padding" on my shoulder than some, lol. I've found I'd rather shoot my .338 than my .300 mag in an identical rifle.

I totally agree with you about the 300. I'd much rather shoot my 338wm's, than a comparable 300wm as well. Someone got a hell of a good deal on this one.

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
T
T
This one’s in route to Iowa currently. I had called about it within 15 minutes of the store opening. The gun clerk said the phone rang off the hook all day about it.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by TW0817
This one’s in route to Iowa currently. I had called about it within 15 minutes of the store opening. The gun clerk said the phone rang off the hook all day about it.
Good for you! Congratulations on beating the flippers. That’s great. When Cabela’s misses - which is often, but rarely low - they miss big.

T
tmitch Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
Great, glad someone here got it!

Charter Member

szihn

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by AKwolverine
Good for you! Congratulations on beating the flippers. That’s great. When Cabela’s misses - which is often, but rarely low - they miss big.

They sure did. That is cool. A very good score!!! Congrats..

BSA MAGA
IC B3

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O

Besides the cerakote and the magna porting, be interested to see if you find any other custom touches when it arrives. When I looked at the pictures, it had "sleeper" written all other it. Seems previous owner may have been very understated in their upgrades.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
So, this was a stainless/walnut version from the factory? I don't recall a blued LH 338 offered.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by KenMi
So, this was a stainless/walnut version from the factory? I don't recall a blued LH 338 offered.

They made a blued/walnut .338. I used to own one.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.
S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
Congrats on the great score.

T
T
I will let you know if I find any other upgrades to the gun. It should be available for pickup this weekend.

I have a couple pending license applications for a hopeful big game hunt out West. I’m hoping this may be the perfect storm and foreshadowing success on those applications.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Orion2000

Besides the cerakote and the magna porting, be interested to see if you find any other custom touches when it arrives. When I looked at the pictures, it had "sleeper" written all other it. Seems previous owner may have been very understated in their upgrades.

The only thing it really needs is a good glass bedding job. With the work that has been done to it, I'd assume they also did that as well. Or at least I'd hope they did.

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B

It's stamped "classic sporter", so it's not a stainless version.

BSA MAGA
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Snowwolfe

They made a blued/walnut .338. I used to own one.

I have one and it shoots great with 250gr accubonds. It will not shoot 225 anything. A damn good friend gifted it to me. I need to shoot a moose with it.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
He likely heard of the virtues of a LH .338 while he was still in his mothers womb.

4 ain't enough.

"Those that think they know everything are annoying those of us that have Google." - Dr. D. Edward Wilkinson

Note to self: Never ask an old Fogey how he is doing today.
Revised note to self: Keep it short when someone asks how I am doing.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

57 members (BALLISTIK, batch, BamaJoe, Anaconda, 300_savage, 7 invisible), 1,207 guests, and 890 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,995
Posts18,481,141
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.