Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Many years ago, 40 plus, we pre-drilled and hand nailed everything! What a phuquing hassle that was! No pecker marks was the key and sometimes not that easy to do!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by troublesome82
Many years ago, 40 plus, we pre-drilled and hand nailed everything! What a phuquing hassle that was! No pecker marks was the key and sometimes not that easy to do!
Yep. When I started in construction we used a manual Stanley miter box and didn't have any nail guns. I learned to cut stain-grade crown molding with that thing and got good at it - using an electric miter saw and battery powered trim nailer is easy to me now.
I still carry the old Stanley miter box in my construction trailer and use it quite often for a simple cut or two when I don't want to mess with setting up the electric miter saw.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by Triggernosis
Yep. When I started in construction we used a manual Stanley miter box and didn't have any nail guns. I learned to cut stain-grade crown molding with that thing and got good at it - using an electric miter saw and battery powered trim nailer is easy to me now.
I still carry the old Stanley miter box in my construction trailer and use it quite often for a simple cut or two when I don't want to mess with setting up the electric miter saw.

Still have the same , myself!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Do you often have folks asking you what the heck that thing is, like I do? 😄

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T

Yup and some of these young stud concrete guys around here want to know what finishing skates are!

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Yup and some of these young stud concrete guys around here want to know what finishing skates are!
I think I know what you're talking about. They are the things with rollers on them that hold a hardened nail and are used to scratch the mortar out from between the bricks before it hardens fully, right?

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T

I think I know what you're talking about. They are the things with rollers on them that hold a hardened nail and are used to scratch the mortar out from between the bricks before it hardens fully, right?

They are metal trays I kneel in , wearing knee pads, there is a slot where my toes go and I move my legs as I slide or skate across the slab when I am hand finishing. Awesome workout, but body is too banged up to use them anymore!

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

554 members (160user, 10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 1lesfox, 12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 56 invisible), 2,279 guests, and 1,201 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,516
Posts18,490,910
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.