Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by SDLEFTY
My neighbor who is well versed in hunting swears he saw a fisher last year. This is SE SD. I was raised here and I farm and hunt all the time. Very hard to believe but I guess anything is possible. There was 3 lions that came out of one my tree groves last fall. Other neighbor took a pic. I now have a tag and a rifle in all the equipment in case another opportunity presents itself. I was combining and couldn't go to my other farm. Wolverines are cool. Hopefully they make a comeback. I've yet to see a lion, fisher or wolverine in the wild.

A couple years ago I was watching a deer trail in NE Nebraska and a cottontail came running by so I was expecting a coyote to be along shortly. Didn’t happen. But a big black weasel type critter came loping along. I’d have shot him but the .58 makes a mess out of smaller things. I watched a few videos and it certainly looked like a fisher so I called the NGPC and talked to their small mammals expert . He told me the closest fishers were in northern Minnesota.

“My horn is full and my pouch is stocked with ball and patch. There is a new, sharp flint in my lock and my rifle and I are ready. It is sighted true and my eyes can still aim.”
Kaywoodie
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by BMT
The predators are returning

Bald Eagles are everywhere now here in the valley— they were rare 20 years ago

River Otters are the same

Cougar buried a part of a deer in my arena back in February

Black bears digging up yellow jacket nests and eating berries

Wolves are next

My expected use of my rifle has moved from 2 legged problems and now includes four legged problems

SPR MK12.

LOL. 🤣

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Wolverines can cover serious ground in a day, vertical seemingly doesn't matter. Be interested to know if any of the SIGHTINGS came with decent PICTURES for markings comparison.
If that wolverine can make it stick, or has a mate, or spawns, then it's going to be interesting as he'' to see the Green "conservation biology" morons talk around their current narrative that wolverines just gotta have big snowbanks in order to have a den. Lebanon doesn't even get snow that sticks more than a week at worst.

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
The northern border of the US from the cascades to the eastern slope of the rockies is the southern edge of wolverine range. Not unusual for them to show up occasionally well south of there.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Originally Posted by Rooster7
Originally Posted by ol_mike
Escaped pets.

hahaha

I wonder why they got rid of it. Wolverines make GREAT pets!

I can see coming home from work and Skitter the Wolverine has devoured the couch, chewed through the bedroom wall, and pissed on all the bath towels! LOL

Kind of like having in laws visit.

I am always looking for factory wood stocks!
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Jim Harbaugh ??????

Last edited by Whelenman; 04/18/24.

Well we're Green and we're Gold, and we play better when it's cold. All us Cheese heads have our favorite superstar. We love Brett Favre.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ackleydave
Was sitting in a timber a few years ago when what I believe was a stoat came bounding along a trail. He just looked at me and then proceeded on. Never in all my years of being in the outdoors have I come across one. Wish he would have stuck around as I was trying to get my phone out of my pocket.

I had to google what a Stoat was. Pretty cool little critters.

Check out the video in this link of a Stoat hypnotizing a rabbit in order to catch it.

https://animals.howstuffworks.com/mammals/stoat.htm

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Interesting about the stoats, It says that they turn white in the winter but retain the black tip on the tail. I just thought they were weasels. I caught one in a leg hold fox trap, he was heavy enough to trip it and it got him in a body grip and killed him as he crossed it.

"I was born in the log cabin I helped my grandfather build"
T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
For Sale: Baby Wolverine—Have a litter of baby wolverines for sale. Great pets as long as you keep them in a secure, fenced location and never go near them. This one is six-weeks old and has razor-sharp teeth and claws. This fun, furry animals is a great addition to any family as long as you have no desire to actually pet on it or wish to gain any sort of emotional warmth through the joy of being a pet owner. All shots are current! He is house broken but again, you should not consider ever bringing this animal anywhere near your home or your children or any confined space whatsoever. They don’t like to feel trapped. We have names him “Mr. Tickles” but you can change his name if you want. Contact Joan if you are interested.

PS- This animal will maul your face off if given the chance!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

3-7-77
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
They are known to be world class wanderers.

Lifted off the web"

After WCS released the collared animal, it immediately moved from Wyoming's Grand Teton Mountains to the Portneuf Range in Idaho and then back again, covering some 256 miles in just 19 days. It then trekked to Mount Washburn in Yellowstone National Park, and back to the Tetons in a week, a distance of 140 miles.

Last edited by 1minute; 04/18/24.

1Minute
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Originally Posted by martentrapper
The northern border of the US from the cascades to the eastern slope of the rockies is the southern edge of wolverine range. Not unusual for them to show up occasionally well south of there.
The one shown in Oregon must have traveled around 300 miles south to be where it was seen. Kind of like a wolf traveling alone, to an area with no wolves. To miraculously find the only female wolf in southern oregon. I believe wolverine travel, it just doesn't make since that it's on the west side and in a fairly heavy populated area. I believe it was planted there.

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Originally Posted by slumlord
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
That picture added a lot to the conversation! Not.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

576 members (007FJ, 1beaver_shooter, 17CalFan, 06hunter59, 12344mag, 1lessdog, 58 invisible), 2,465 guests, and 1,287 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,060
Posts18,482,382
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.