Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag
Originally Posted by Steve
I found the best remedy to chiggers is to move.

Pretty sure they're proof that God has a sense of humor.
Problem is they're almost worldwide.

I used to live in Kansas and hated them.

What I can't figure out is why there are none in, for example, Virginia or West Virginia. Those have a climate very similar to Kansas, yet chiggers haven't travelled out here.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I got a few chiggers by my ankles and was itching to beat the band the other day.

A guy that was working for me said he used spray antifungal athlete's foot spray on his and it stopped the itching.

Chiggers drive me crazy... itches like hell. So I got home that evening and tried the foot spray on the chiggers. I have to say that it's worked better than any other remedy I've used. No BS.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
Scratch them until they bleed then put absorb one junior on them. You will forget about the itch.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Take a bath with about 2oz of Lysol in the tube. That will kill the chiggers and stop the itch.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Ok for all of you that recommend clear finger nail polish, how does that help exactly? If you think you’re suffocating the chigger? News flash! Once it starts to itch, that chigger is long gone looking for its next meal.

I tried all the various remedies over the years. The best thing to do is to clean the bite site and refrain from scratching it. One thing that seems to help clean up the bite and heal it faster is actually over the counter acne medication, either in cream or pads. It helps to clean out the junk that the chigger left behind.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Branding iron comes to mind.

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by scoony
Ok for all of you that recommend clear finger nail polish, how does that help exactly? If you think you’re suffocating the chigger? News flash! Once it starts to itch, that chigger is long gone looking for its next meal.

I tried all the various remedies over the years. The best thing to do is to clean the bite site and refrain from scratching it. One thing that seems to help clean up the bite and heal it faster is actually over the counter acne medication, either in cream or pads. It helps to clean out the junk that the chigger left behind.
It works . Trust me.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Put a few ozs of Perm-Up in some pour-on ivermectin and spray from your knees to toes for prevention. You can spray your cap and gnats, skeeters won't bother you much. My Pop always taped his pant legs to his boots with electrical tape while cruising timber. Surprised no one recommended Calamine lotion for after the fact.

Life is good live it while you can.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
JFC

For the 8,000000th time.

This is goddamm day f ucking one deer hunting knowledge

Chiggers do not infest and burrow in. If you are confusing them with some other arthropod then fine, educate yourself and identify

Can certainly pick out who the f….uck is not an early season bowhunter. Or anyone that can read at 6th grade level

Get your medical from The Files of Myths and Legends, And Happy Camper

From Cleveland Clinic:

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Don’t want to be tore the hell up,
Spray down with deet, permethrin, permanone, black flag, whatever

Important: take a stiff bristle brush and sweep off pants legs after doing grown-assed man outside type work. This will knock off a high percentage.

Wipe your ankles down with 91% alcohol asap from coming back from previous said grown assed man outside type work. Kills seed ticks on contact too. Keep a bottle in your varmintmobile

Don’t go home and sit on your ass for 4-6 hours watching Wagon Master and sucking cream corn thru a straw for dinner.
Get those clothes off and take a fuggin shower your hogs

IC B3

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by slumlord
Don’t want to be tore the hell up,
Spray down with deet, permethrin, permanone, black flag, whatever

Important: take a stiff bristle brush and sweep off pants legs after doing grown-assed man outside type work. This will knock off a high percentage.

Wipe your ankles down with 91% alcohol asap from coming back from previous said grown assed man outside type work. Kills seed ticks on contact too. Keep a bottle in your varmintmobile

Don’t go home and sit on your ass for 4-6 hours watching Wagon Master and sucking cream corn thru a straw for dinner.
Get those clothes off and take a fuggin shower your hogs
🤣

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I hate Cheegrows...
Gold Bond Cream. Extra strength if you can find it.
I worked with a guy that mixed up Cortizone, menthol, and tea tree oil.

----------------------------------------
I'm a big fan of the courtesy flush.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by GreggH
Lot a good suggestions. During the summer a soak in a swimming pool (whether chlorine or salt) helps tremendously. A afternoon in the surf at the beach is another way of getting relief.

GreggH
That will relieve almost anything!

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
ChiggerX found at Walmart. To keep from getting them spray your clothing with permethryn. I buy the concentrated cattle spray from tractor supply and mix it one ounce to 15 oz of water in a 16 oz spray bottle. Hang your clothes outside and spray them thoroughly. Let them dry before wearing them. Treatment lasts for 4 or 5 washings before you need to treat again. Also repels ticks.

W
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
W
Back in the early 60s there was 3 topicals for all things scrape and bite related on the human body........ Mercurochrome, merthiolate and Coal Oil (kerosene). If I was at my granddaddy's house and needed "treatment" my grandma would bring out one of the dreaded and highly feared mercury derived solutions. Fire in a bottle is what they were. I'm still not sure how the glass contained them. The Coal Oil was marvelous and used as a home remedy for all manner of issues.

Now..... moving on to seed ticks. If one happens to somehow end up with seed ticks on the scrotum and all that's immediately available in the truck is Absorbing Junior, DO NOT apply it. I repeat...DO NOT!!! If you do NASA will think that they have had a moon rocket hijacked. I never knew a man could run like Jesse Owens while his pants and underwear were down around his ankles ..... on the side of a rural county road. Never again!

N
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
N
And Slummy takes the class to school and that was grown ass man type of funny. 👍

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Take a coffee mug and fill it with water to whatever level you choose. Place in microwave and bring to a boil. You may not have to get it this hot, a little experimentation will tell you how much to heat the water/mug. Touch the mug to your bites. That's it. Don't leave in contact for too long or you may blister the skin unnecessarily. You can also experiment with where on the mug to contact the bites. I find that a hot spot on the mug dabbed multiple times on a bite works better than prolonged contact with a less-hot area of the mug.

Last edited by There_Ya_Go; 04/18/24.

The biggest problem our country has is not systemic racism, it's systemic stupidity.
N
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
N
Originally Posted by There_Ya_Go
Take a coffee mug and fill it with water to whatever level you choose. Place in microwave and bring to a boil. You may not have to get it this hot, a little experimentation will tell you how much to heat the water/mug. Touch the mug to your bites. That's it. Don't leave in contact for too long or you may blister the skin unnecessarily. You can also experiment with where on the mug to contact the bites. I find that a hot spot on the mug dabbed multiple times on a bite works better than prolonged contact with a less-hot area of the mug.

That’s kinda hard to do on certain body parts…😁

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Electric heat gun about 6-8" from the skin and moving slowly is my go to for chigger bites and poison ivy.

[Linked Image]
A
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
A
Hoppes #9. It most likely won’t work , but you’ll love the smell !

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

324 members (16penny, 1beaver_shooter, 1minute, 1_deuce, 219 Wasp, 17CalFan, 45 invisible), 2,519 guests, and 1,360 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,112
Posts18,483,424
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.