Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
One was a fairy tale spun by Semitic con men for an audience of bronze age goat herders.

And so was the other.

Last edited by aspade; 04/18/24.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I used to see it as old VS new and old done away with because of the new but now I see it more as one single covenant with the old representing the new and the new being a completion and fulfillment of the old.

Even in the OT the saints were saved by their faith in Christ through the representation of his sacrifice, represented by different animal sacrifices. Even before the priesthood that sacrifice was always represented, God himself making the first for Adam and Eve as they left the garden.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by aspade
One was a fairy tale spun by Semitic con men for an audience of bronze age goat herders.

And so was the other.
LOL! laugh
I see we have picked up another science denier. laugh

Politics is War by Other Means
I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Originally Posted by IZH27
The writer of Hebrews, in chapter 11, notes the faith of the OT people listed as being what made them saints.

In this thread it is being said that the Old Covenant was based on works.

The two views cannot exist and be equally true.
It's true that faith was required, as far back as Adam. However, under the law, the people used sacrifices. They figured that killing a lamb or a pigeon would save them. They never figured out what the law was all about. They relied on the careful following of a huge number of rules rather than on God. That made it a system of works and it didn't work.

No. The Abrahamic covenant is the covenant of salvation hence Abraham is called the father of the Faith.

This theology is heretical and all of us in America have been impacted by it. It remains to be seen if we will abandon 1800’s visions of new revelation and return to the teachings of Christ and the Apostles.

Last edited by IZH27; 04/19/24.
I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Originally Posted by RHClark
I used to see it as old VS new and old done away with because of the new but now I see it more as one single covenant with the old representing the new and the new being a completion and fulfillment of the old.

Even in the OT the saints were saved by their faith in Christ through the representation of his sacrifice, represented by different animal sacrifices. Even before the priesthood that sacrifice was always represented, God himself making the first for Adam and Eve as they left the garden.

Bullseye!

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
All I know is I'm not going out in public with my head uncovered.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
RL Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Valsdad

Good call - might scare the children - LOL

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by RL
Originally Posted by Valsdad

Good call - might scare the children - LOL
No more than the long beard will.

I'm one of the lucky old dude.

Hair on my chin .....................AND..................hair on top of my head still

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
antlers Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
So to sum it up: The New Testament manuscripts describe how the definition of God’s “chosen people” was expanded in the New Covenant to include not just the ancient Israelites…not just the physical descendants of Abraham…but anyone who has put their trust and confidence in Jesus. The New Testament manuscripts make it clear that if you put your trust and confidence in Jesus, then you are considered Abraham’s offspring.

Put another way: Under the New Covenant…there is still a body or ekklesia of God’s “chosen people”…but the content of that body or ekklesia has changed because of Jesus. In the same way, under the New Covenant, there is still a standard of obedience called God’s law, but the content of this law has changed because of Jesus. And God puts this law within His people. He writes it on their hearts rather than on tablets of stone.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

567 members (10gaugeman, 160user, 17CalFan, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 222Sako, 58 invisible), 2,510 guests, and 1,294 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,184
Posts18,484,764
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.