Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
C
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
I just received an email that contained the link and below information. Interesting....

PERSPECTIVES REGARDING LEAD BANS
Something interesting we’ve noticed since attending IWA in Germany is the difference in attitude regarding banning lead in the US and Europe. In the US, banning lead bullets is viewed as a political subject. There is much talk about how banning lead is an attempt by the Democrats to control gun owners. In Europe, there is not much talk about lead bullets being banned for political reasons. Instead, this ban is viewed as a genuine concern for public health and the betterment of wildlife preservation.

We’re not here to discuss political matters. We only wish to discuss the facts about the danger of lead to hunters and their families.
Cutting Edge Bullets Perspectives on Lead with photos

S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
Keep the lead, keep the choice. CEB is piss’n up a rope getting into this. Good luck.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
They can't be too worried since they cant recycle those batteries from the electrical cars, nor can they recycle the solar panels and windmills blades so they All get buried! I would venture to say that has quite a bit more impact on wildlife than the few lead bullets I expend each year while hunting. They don't seem to care about all the birds being killed by their windmills either.

NRA Endowment Member
H
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
H
I might be able to understand bird refuge bans, but not in big game hunting. Shotguns spread lead across a large area, when thousands of shotgun lead is spread in a small area, birds might eat it like gravel. Big game in the woods or desert and a single bullet misses it's target, is just stupid to think it's doing any damage. YMMV. Keep the lead.

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by CanadianLefty
I just received an email that contained the link and below information. Interesting....

Something interesting we’ve noticed since attending IWA in Germany is the difference in attitude regarding banning lead in the US and Europe. In the US, banning lead bullets is viewed as a political subject. There is much talk about how banning lead is an attempt by the Democrats to control gun owners. In Europe, there is not much talk about lead bullets being banned for political reasons. Instead, this ban is viewed as a genuine concern for public health and the betterment of wildlife preservation.

We’re not here to discuss political matters. We only wish to discuss the facts about the danger of lead to hunters and their families.

yep no politics. funny when you ignore science and use politics to spread misinformation

#14837716 05/01/20
CanadianLefty
Campfire Regular
C
Agreed.

The U.S. hit another one of several grim and sad milestones today: Health officials announced the 3,000th coronavirus-related death in the country, with about 900 from New York City alone, according to data from Johns Hopkins University....

We need to do our part in flattening the curve and by following all CDC, WHO and State and Local Health Officer guidelines.

For those of you who thought that there would be fewer than 10,000 Covid-19 deaths in the U.S. for all of 2020...

Another grim milestone today: 63,733 Americans have died from it as of today, April 30. We still have another 10 months to go to make it one full year. At this rate, there will be 100,000+ deaths due to Covid-19. Still no antiviral medicine that's proven effective, still no vaccine, still lots of Americans in denial.

Last edited by ribka; 04/18/24.
IC B2

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Kinda like Chevrolet telling us why we should NOT buy Dodge, Ford or Toyota... Disingenuous at best...

B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
Yet the europeeons still get to drive diesel cars. I wonder what sharia law will have them do?

Bb

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Lead ban! OK....guess they're gonna stop making batteries then!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
How on earth do people and wildlife survive in around the lead mines in Missouri? Birds must just drop out of the sky from flying over and children in the region never mature. I can understand heavily shot duck club concerns or lead paint, but the piss ant amounts spread over the sparsely populated American west by a few seasonal hunters can't have a measurable effect. We have hawks, vultures, and eagles out the butt, and today's kids are still getting bigger than their parents.

That lead paint was good stuff lasting 40 or 50 years out here in the arid west.

Last edited by 1minute; 04/18/24.

1Minute
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Lead ban is another way to get at guns. Its more lefty bullchit

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Banning lead bullets is nothing but more liberal horseshit to burden hunters and is passive/aggressive gun control.

Fugg them.

The photos in the article are horseshit too.

The animal was shot through the hams with a .243. I personally don't know anyone who would try to salvage that bloodshot, ruined meat anyway.

Makes for a good graphic and liberal rant though. wink

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Ban lead bullets and you have made some of my firearms non-functional. Case in point:

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It’s never made intuitive sense to me that enough lead could be spread across the marshes of America (where most of it will sink into the muck) to believe that it could have a significant impact. Even if it could waterfowl hunting has been steel shot only for years.

It’s Democrat politicians wanting to make life more difficult and get a foothold for other lead bands in order to spite demographics that tends to vote against them.

Then again it’s the same voting block that believes it that also believes that men and woman can pick which gender they are and believed that earth was headed towards a fast approaching ice age back in the 80’s. Back before believing in global warming that is now just called climate change.

Colder, hotter, yup the climate is changing and it must be our fault. It couldn’t have anything to do with an earth relying on a sun 90 plus million miles away for temp control.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna

That's because Europeans are sheep.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
This is CanadianLefty in the flesh AKA Scott Neigh. BLM Activist, Gun control advocate, Global Warming activist, All around leftist fuqktard.

Paul

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

V
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V
Originally Posted by 12344mag
This is CanadianLefty in the flesh AKA Scott Neigh. BLM Activist, Gun control advocate, Global Warming activist, All around leftist fuqktard.

That squares.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

Banning lead bullets is nothing but more liberal horseshit to burden hunters and is passive/aggressive gun control.

Fugg them.

The photos in the article are horseshit too.

The animal was shot through the hams with a .243. I personally don't know anyone who would try to salvage that bloodshot, ruined meat anyway.

Makes for a good graphic and liberal rant though. wink

The advertised risks of lead exposure is all bullschit!

I used to help clean out the Bullet Catches at the club, I melt wheel weights, make my own bullets, make my own sinkers, ect., 2 moths ago I talked with my doc and we decided to do a lead test just to be sure I wasn't over exposing myself. When the results came back my lead levels were less than normal!

If you're eating lead you deserve the problems it causes.

Lead exposure and Global warming is the same bullschit wrapped up in different turds.

Paul

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Lol, I will add that my bullets are not anywhere near as nice looking as DigitalDans, that basturd can make some pretty bullets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Paul

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Climate as a justification means the commies are behind it.

Their track record is consistent. They are the enemy.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
You thought we forgot, Canadian Commie??
Suck it, beta biotch!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

458 members (17CalFan, 1minute, 10gaugemag, 1Longbow, 17Fan, 12344mag, 57 invisible), 2,827 guests, and 1,262 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,112
Posts18,483,388
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.