Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by MOGC
Pay attention knuckleheads - BIB Overalls - no belt. The best suggestions by far are the ones for a chest holster. NOT a shoulder holster, those suck. The Diamond D Guides, the Kenai Gunfighter, the El Paso Saddlery Tanker, and that type are what you're looking for. Those types of holsters go over your bibs and can go under rain gear, under light jackets, and over winter coats. You can wear a tool pouch and not interfere with the gun. Same for a backpack. Easier to access when riding in a tractor, ATV, or other vehicle. The versatility is amazing, they are comfortable and easy on - and off. The gun is tucked close and doesn't bang on doorways, catch on seatbelts, snag on fence wire, and all that annoying stuff a gun on the waist belt can do. If you take a tumble the gun is probably better lying snug against your chest than sliding and banging away off your hip. Chest holster for the easy win.

How's that fit over your plate carrier?

I am MAGA.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Shot a sheep in the face this morning.

She didn't have it coming really....it was a mercy killing.

I hauled out a 365xl from my front trousers pocket and slew her.

It needn't be complicated.

Granted...I did clear the perimeter with my shotty, breached the door with a mule kick, transitioned flawlessly to my M4, did a tactical roll towards the sheep, and engaged her in hand to hand combat and covered my exfil with a 79 pound charge of tannerite.

I am MAGA.
E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
Cz527 rides in tha sxs most days wifey pulled it on a whistle pig yesterday 😎

O
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by gunzo
The shoulder rig frowned on for a few reasons in technicality or bystander safety. But for every day around the farm it might be hard to beat. ...
I think the vertical shoulder rig mitigates most of the concern in re: bystander safety.

... In the fat assed old fart dgaf days of my life ...
I resemble that remark... wink

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
But Jim, a boomer in elastic waist gym shorts and a 365xl in a front trousers pocket will show the right nut or more.

Think outside the box for once. Not everybody living in the middle of a few thousand acres with sheep in cold temps. Some of us walk around in Thomas Magnum shorts at times. No room for Sigs in front pockets, much less our junk.

IC B2

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Chest holster for sure. Several options for Kydex. Simply Rugged Chesty Puller Rig is nice for leather. With the Simply Rugged, you can easily swap the holsters on the rig. I carry a GP100 and my XDM 10mm in Simply Rugged rigs, my 629 in a Kydex rig.

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, used up, worn out, bottle of Jim Beam in one hand and a .45 in the other, loudly proclaiming WOW-- What a Ride!"
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
But Jim, a boomer in elastic waist gym shorts and a 365xl in a front trousers pocket will show the right nut or more.

Think outside the box for once. Not everybody living in the middle of a few thousand acres with sheep in cold temps. Some of us walk around in Thomas Magnum shorts at times. No room for Sigs in front pockets, much less our junk.

That is a dilemma.

I will admit to never leaving the house without trousers, a belt and suspenders.

I have seen pictures of Kentuckians wearing liberty overhauls and presumably nothing else.

I am MAGA.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I will cop to going out the yard, the Gulag, and even out to the garage/shop for something in my house shorts or sweat pants if cold. Even feed the dickie birds that way in the morning.

But, if leaving my driveway to go out in public..............I guess I was taught well............a man always has a belt on his pants. and a pocket knife in his pocket.

Wish I had brought a rifle out while feeding the birds the other day. Over the fence in the BLM sagebrush I caught some movement. Hmmmm, thinks I, one of the neighborhood feral cats? Nope, too large as I saw ears above the bushes. Then it passed through and opening and there were two of them. Friggen bold coyotes, and in this case at about 75 yards from the house they were too close for comfort. I stopped them with some squeaky noises, and I was right near a juniper post on the fenceline and think I'd have had a decent chance of getting one had I had a rifle. I may have to think about carrying one on my rounds in the morning.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by earlybrd
I like her style. My 527 .223 Carbine with a Jap Weaver 6X is in the Boyt case with me most days just waiting for one of those burrowing ba$tards to make an appearance.

"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" -Isaac Asimov

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'm old school. I carry in a M7 Tanker holster around the farm.

[Linked Image from m.media-amazon.com]

Recently, I started switching out to a GP100 in a Sam Brown rig

[Linked Image from genesis9.angzva.com]

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
IC B3

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
DeSantis Super Fly pocket x G19

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
DeSantis Pocket Shot x LCP II

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
And the AlienGear IWB and a second G19 when a third pistol is warranted...

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by Garandimal
Originally Posted by bamagun01
When working on my farm or hunting I use a Kenai gunfighters chest holster. Its very secure, easily accessible while riding the tractor and holds tight to my chest.

Is your farm in Tulane-Gravier, New Orleans?

GR

No. N.Alabama

I also have a leather shoulder holster for a revolver. It’s comfortable and easily accessible but is not as secure as the Kenai. I’ve had the Hill People pouch also. Works good and has extra pockets. It’s not made for wearing in the south. It’s very hot. Probably good for the mountains hence the name “Hill people “.

"If I couldn't laugh I would go insane." JB
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I have two of the Kenai chest rigs. Easy on and off and very secure, but I haven’t tried working while wearing one. You can order one harness and then snap in the proper holster for the gun you want to tote that day. Also easily adjusted for various amounts of clothing, and closer to hand than a shoulder rig. The shells offer good protection to the gun.

https://gunfightersinc.com/shop/ready-to-ship-kenai-chest-holsters/

What fresh Hell is this?
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by Pappy348
I have two of the Kenai chest rigs. Easy on and off and very secure, but I haven’t tried working while wearing one. You can order one harness and then snap in the proper holster for the gun you want to tote that day. Also easily adjusted for various amounts of clothing, and closer to hand than a shoulder rig. The shells offer good protection to the gun.

https://gunfightersinc.com/shop/ready-to-ship-kenai-chest-holsters/

+1. This!

"If I couldn't laugh I would go insane." JB
L
LBP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
I pocket carry a Glock 43x, everywhere I go.

Will Munny: It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have.

The Schofield Kid: Yeah, well, I guess they had it coming.

Will Munny: We all got it coming, kid.
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
I like The Chest Rig from Crossbreed Holsters. The quality is good & throwing it on is really easy. Once I got it adjusted, the fit is comfortable & it holds the pistol snug with a good draw. Basically everything I was looking for so I've been pleased with the purchase. I wear mine kind of high on my chest but obviously it can be lowered by extending the upper strap.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by Eric308
I like her style. My 527 .223 Carbine with a Jap Weaver 6X is in the Boyt case with me most days just waiting for one of those burrowing ba$tards to make an appearance.

Is it your boyfriend's rifle?

He doesn't have an AR does he?

I am MAGA.
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by Eric308

Is it your boyfriend's rifle?

He doesn't have an AR does he?
Why are you preoccupied with my sexuality? Uncertain of your own, methinks.

"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" -Isaac Asimov

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

362 members (12344mag, 1Longbow, 1lesfox, 160user, 10ring1, 01Foreman400, 31 invisible), 2,049 guests, and 1,103 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,244
Posts18,486,064
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.