Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Is he a feckless person....like yourself Eric?

Maybe he isn't a bigot?

I am MAGA.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I've carried a G26 in my coveralls, overalls, shorts and pants pocket for 20+ years and haven't lost or had a accident yet. Tried chest - shoulder holsters but they always seem to be in the way when I was welding, pulling wrenches and doing hands on work. For checking cows, walking around, riding a bike and driving equipment a chest holster is the best.

Life is good live it while you can.
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
I had no idea farming and ranching was such a hazardous endeavor. I am on a first name basis with 20 or 30 ranchers in my valley, and on any given day, maybe half of them will have a scoped .22 rifle in the pickup. The Carhartt coat pocket is the preferred semi concealed carry for the Channellock 10 inch fencing tool. For the younger modern ranchers, a Knipex adjustable jaw plier is in the opposite pocket for balance and SHTF situations.
One cannot help but notice that the arms and holsters pictured above, show no daily wear and tear at all....they look like museum pieces.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by flintlocke
I had no idea farming and ranching was such a hazardous endeavor. I am on a first name basis with 20 or 30 ranchers in my valley, and on any given day, maybe half of them will have a scoped .22 rifle in the pickup. The Carhartt coat pocket is the preferred semi concealed carry for the Channellock 10 inch fencing tool. For the younger modern ranchers, a Knipex adjustable jaw plier is in the opposite pocket for balance and SHTF situations.
One cannot help but notice that the arms and holsters pictured above, show no daily wear and tear at all....they look like museum pieces.

We are acorn farmers. Rather than all that crawling around on our hands and knees, we let the deer and turkey hoover everything up, and then I just call up my family and friends and they help harvest the deer and turkey.

My chest carry harness and my new Sam Brown belt are only worn for those rare times that I'm out enjoying the farm without something bigger in my hands. It makes no sense to carry the extra weight when I'm toting a 30-06 deer rifle or a 12 Ga turkey gun. For a lot of jaunts, I have a Marlin 1894 in 357 Mag that comes along.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
I agree with Kid and Flint, If you are actually working, you ain't worrying about a damn gun.. I'm thinking a lot think riding around in a SxS is working..

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Shot a sheep in the face this morning.

She didn't have it coming really....it was a mercy killing.

I hauled out a 365xl from my front trousers pocket and slew her.

It needn't be complicated.

Granted...I did clear the perimeter with my shotty, breached the door with a mule kick, transitioned flawlessly to my M4, did a tactical roll towards the sheep, and engaged her in hand to hand combat and covered my exfil with a 79 pound charge of tannerite.

Montana... where the men are men and the sheep are nervous. smile

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Damn right!

I am MAGA.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by LBP
I pocket carry a Glock 43x, everywhere I go.
Big gal to LBP

"Is that a gun in your pocket or are you just happy to see me"

LBP

"Both, of course"

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Just wait until Gavin and friends restock the grizz in your section of the world.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Grizz would be the icing on the cake for sure.
As it is now, wolf kills of livestock are generously and very quietly reimbursed. As my crusty old friend said, If they keep payin', I'd as soon let the wolves have the whole calf crop rather than ship them down to Coalinga to Harris Ranch.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Grizz would be the icing on the cake for sure.
As it is now, wolf kills of livestock are generously and very quietly reimbursed. As my crusty old friend said, If they keep payin', I'd as soon let the wolves have the whole calf crop rather than ship them down to Coalinga to Harris Ranch.
At least they're getting compensated. Recently up here the authorities wouldn't confirm a kill as the carcass was never found, even though they have camera pics of the wolves standing over one.

Taxpayers dollars apparently better than consumer dollars.

I may not see it in my lifetime, but I do sort of expect there to be a push one day to bring the grizzlies back to this State. Would change the way I walk around the property here if they did.

In it is contentment

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
When I can't belt carry, it is generally a Ruger LCP Max .380 in a DeSantis pocket holster and a spare magazine in a plastic sleeve, even around my property. I was shooting it last week at 50ft and there was very little issue with keeping rapid fire on the fullsize torso gong.

Now with even more aplomb
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Well, if you're wearing bibbed overalls, isn't there a 'built-in' chest rig right there?

Maybe just go with a pistol that will fit in there. I'm thinking Canik MC9, Sig P365, Glock 26, should do it, and many others.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
Well, if you're wearing bibbed overalls, isn't there a 'built-in' chest rig right there?

Maybe just go with a pistol that will fit in there. I'm thinking Canik MC9, Sig P365, Glock 26, should do it, and many others.

Just make sure it is a modern pistol that is drop-safe. I know a guy who used to carry an old Colt .32 auto in the top bib pocket. Seemed like a good choice, small, light, very thin in profile. One day he bent over in his garage for something or other and the old Colt fell out of his bib pocket. When it hit the concrete it fired and shot a little .32 round that went right into the arteries over the top of this fellow's heart. He called 911 but bled out before the EMTs could get to him.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I prefer OWB in Kydex here on the ranch or pretty much anywhere.

I would never carry a semi auto in a belt holster that does not cover the trigger. That's just an accident waiting to happen.

Last edited by JohnBurns; 04/19/24.

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

A
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Shot a sheep in the face this morning.

She didn't have it coming really....it was a mercy killing.

I hauled out a 365xl from my front trousers pocket and slew her.

It needn't be complicated.

Granted...I did clear the perimeter with my shotty, breached the door with a mule kick, transitioned flawlessly to my M4, did a tactical roll towards the sheep, and engaged her in hand to hand combat and covered my exfil with a 79 pound charge of tannerite.

Sheep lives matter. They all don’t have to put out to exist!

Bob
Enjoy life now -- it has an expiration date.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
For the past week I've been carrying this AIWB via a custom Warlock Big Daddy holster. It's a bit of a hindrance when performing certain tasks but not overly cumbersome.

Tried carrying it suppressed but got a few too many come hither looks from the ladies in the hardware store...

[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]

E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
LOL

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by SamOlson
For the past week I've been carrying this AIWB via a custom Warlock Big Daddy holster. It's a bit of a hindrance when performing certain tasks but not overly cumbersome.

Tried carrying it suppressed but got a few too many come hither looks from the ladies in the hardware store...

[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]

laugh

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Pimpin

I am MAGA.
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

518 members (219 Wasp, 1Longbow, 204guy, 1OntarioJim, 06hunter59, 12344mag, 61 invisible), 2,380 guests, and 1,213 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,304
Posts18,487,128
Members73,968
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.