Strop10 Online Content OP
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Scott_Thornley
Originally Posted by Strop10
Originally Posted by BeardedGunsmith
I cant watch these. I seriously want to see a concealed carrier pop out of the blue and loosen his brain matter. It would just make me feel better.

And the shìt thing is that not all bad cops are bad cops all of the time. I'm sure he's done plenty of good and has good intentions at times but so do pit bulls until they turn on their owner. This shìt is just becoming too common amd the worst part is that they aren't shunned from existence. Qualified immunity really should be ended. Or maybe make them bonded and insured.

He hasn't been a cop long and has exhibited similar behavior with at least 1 other agency who sent him to more training.

At least agency #1 wasn't amused by the shoddy behavior as the current agency seems to be.

QI ending is one part that would be an improvement. Treating this kind of thing as racketeering would be useful.

QI still needs to exist. There are indeed completely frivolous lawsuits, and QI protects against that.

What needs to happen though, is that the bar for losing QI needs to be drastically lowered. As in - if you need to get remedial training on de-escalation because of how you handled an interaction with the public, well you obviously should have lost QI for that incident.

QI is not protection against frivolous lawsuits, QI is protection for the cops when rights have been violated.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by shootem
Rotten mf doesn’t need out of law enforcement. He needs to be out of the gene pool. Covers all bases. Righteous anger is appropriate.

Go be righteous then. You know where to find him. What are you waiting for?

All this talk and no action...

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
One other comment on the low percentage LE being sadistic in their job. Several of us when we were younger had personal contact with a garbage man with a badge (my apologies to garbage men). Many others as well who I didn’t know personally. Small town wouldn’t listen. One off day he was riding his little Honda around being cool and a militiaman ran him off the road, physically assaulted him, then beat him bloody with his cycle helment. Garbage man found a new career. Militiaman got punished though I don’t remember the way. But he knew what was coming and didn’t care. Justice not according to law.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I cant watch these. I seriously want to see a concealed carrier pop out of the blue and loosen his brain matter. It would just make me feel better.

And the shìt thing is that not all bad cops are bad cops all of the time. I'm sure he's done plenty of good and has good intentions at times but so do pit bulls until they turn on their owner. This shìt is just becoming too common amd the worst part is that they aren't shunned from existence. Qualified immunity really should be ended. Or maybe make them bonded and insured.

He hasn't been a cop long and has exhibited similar behavior with at least 1 other agency who sent him to more training.

At least agency #1 wasn't amused by the shoddy behavior as the current agency seems to be.

QI ending is one part that would be an improvement. Treating this kind of thing as racketeering would be useful.

QI still needs to exist. There are indeed completely frivolous lawsuits, and QI protects against that.

What needs to happen though, is that the bar for losing QI needs to be drastically lowered. As in - if you need to get remedial training on de-escalation because of how you handled an interaction with the public, well you obviously should have lost QI for that incident.

QI is not protection against frivolous lawsuits, QI is protection for the cops when rights have been violated.

From Cornell Law:

“Qualified immunity balances two important interests—the need to hold public officials accountable when they exercise power irresponsibly and the need to shield officials from harassment, distraction, and liability when they perform their duties reasonably.”

The big issue is that too many judges find that plaintiffs can't prove that government officials had "violated a “clearly established” statutory or constitutional right."

Which leads me to believe that the apparent lack of training regarding the first, fourth and fifth amendments is INTENTIONAL. If it can be proven that you were well educated on those rights, and yet went on to violate them, then it would be easy for plaintiffs to prove that those rights were clearly established and or constitutional.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/qualified_immunity

Campfire Outfitter
Online Shocked
Campfire Outfitter
I try to see the side from a cops perspective. I respect police and have never had a negative interaction with the cops in my entire life, because Im always respectful. That said, that cop should be fired at best and if that was my daughter, Id be in jail

IC B2

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by gunchamp
I try to see the side from a cops perspective. I respect police and have never had a negative interaction with the cops in my entire life, because Im always respectful. That said, that cop should be fired at best and if that was my daughter, Id be in jail

Pretty much how I see it.

FJB & FJT
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy
Rotten mf doesn’t need out of law enforcement. He needs to be out of the gene pool. Covers all bases. Righteous anger is appropriate.

You won't even condemn him for his actions, but you want someone else to go do something about it. You're a scumbag for defending and not giving a sheit about his behavior. I have never ONCE seen you say a cop was wrong, if you have the show me.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by gunchamp

Not if I was on the jury.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
that cop is an absolute piece of crap.

S
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
S

From Cornell Law:

“Qualified immunity balances two important interests—the need to hold public officials accountable when they exercise power irresponsibly and the need to shield officials from harassment, distraction, and liability when they perform their duties reasonably.”

The big issue is that too many judges find that plaintiffs can't prove that government officials had "violated a “clearly established” statutory or constitutional right."

Which leads me to believe that the apparent lack of training regarding the first, fourth and fifth amendments is INTENTIONAL. If it can be proven that you were well educated on those rights, and yet went on to violate them, then it would be easy for plaintiffs to prove that those rights were clearly established and or constitutional.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/qualified_immunity

Go look up some QI granted cases to see what rights aren't "clearly established".

Stealing cash is one of those rights no officer could have realized they were violating.

Jessop v. City of Fresno, No. 17-16756 (9th Cir. 2019) :: Justia
https://law.justia.com/cases/federal/appellate-courts/ca9/17-16756/17-16756-2019-09-04.html

"incident, there was no clearly established law holding that officers violate the Fourth or Fourteenth Amendment when they steal property seized pursuant to a warrant. For that reason, the City Officers were entitled to qualified immunity."

IC B3

T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
That city will , most likely, pay for her advanced degree(s),, and well they should

IDK-- maybe there is a chapter in their manual on how to terrorize teenage girls

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Originally Posted by Calvin
Originally Posted by Calvin
Cops aren’t gentle if they have to remove you from a vehicle.

Why did he "have" to remove her from the vehicle?

Guess he didn't "have" to remove her from the vehicle.

Sounds like she refused to identify herself. On the video, it appears he spent a good deal of time trying to talk her out. Then he took her out.

The dad didn’t seem to even care.
Her Dad cared exactly the right amount. He came down and made sure the girl was no longer being mishandled, or abused. His presence was all that was necessary to protect her interests. Apparently he followed to the Police Station, posted bail, and took her home.

There could be no profit in engaging the officers on the street. The time for that is later, in the court room, and via the 'net, the court of public opinion.

100%. Plus, he knew he was on camera. He knew how this would play out before he arrived at the scene.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
I guess the one piece that's not there that I'd really like to see/hear is the verbal exchange prior to her being removed. The reason I say that is the 1st thing you hear from this gal when she's removed from the car is:

"What the F".

She might have been trying to be worriedly compliant, shook up, and not efficient in retrieving the information the officer requested. Or, she might've been a little brat.

The interaction w/the other motorist doesn't make it look like the officer is even-tempered and goes straight to "power-trip" at the drop of a hat.

Looks like South Whitley is a small town of 1700-1800 people. Family name aside (good or bad), if she's a good kid, everybody in town that size knows it. Business owners will invoke the, "We reserve the right to refuse service" deal and the only goods/services that will be available to him in town will be a public payphone.

Last edited by horse1; 04/19/24.

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by mirage243

You won't even condemn him for his actions, but you want someone else to go do something about it. You're a scumbag for defending and not giving a sheit about his behavior. I have never ONCE seen you say a cop was wrong, if you have the show me.

He was wrong. Should be killed in the town square to make an example of.

Kill them all.

(I have been critical and condemned police multiple times, I'm sorry youbare too ate up with retard to have observed it, go fùck yourself you old bìtch)

Last edited by Jackson_Handy; 04/19/24.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B

Why wait for someone else to do it?
Not my fight, but it would tickle my dopamine receptors to see someone else do it.

S
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by horse1
I guess the one piece that's not there that I'd really like to see/hear is the verbal exchange prior to her being removed. The reason I say that is the 1st thing you hear from this gal when she's removed from the car is:

"What the F".

She might have been trying to be worriedly compliant, shook up, and not efficient in retrieving the information the officer requested. Or, she might've been a little brat.

The interaction w/the other motorist doesn't make it look like the officer is even-tempered and goes straight to "power-trip" at the drop of a hat.

Looks like South Whitley is a small town of 1700-1800 people. Family name aside (good or bad), if she's a good kid, everybody in town that size knows it. Business owners will invoke the, "We reserve the right to refuse service" deal and the only goods/services that will be available to him in town will be a public payphone.

The lack of audio was the choice of the cop who chose to not turn his body camera on.

If businesses try to deny him service the tbl community will do their "hate all cops" and "they support criminals" rants(at a minimum) until they give in or go under.

L
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
L

"What the F".

The lack of audio was the choice of the cop who chose to not turn his body camera on.

The lack of audio and video at the start of the incident speaks volumes regarding his intent to be an arrogant azzhat.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Why wait for someone else to do it?
Not my fight, but it would tickle my dopamine receptors to see someone else do it.

So just Iike everyone else, all talk. Too bad.

Last edited by Jackson_Handy; 04/19/24.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by Just a Hunter
How do you folks criticizing the officer think he should have handled it?
Just to clarify, but your question implies you approve of how he handled it. Do you?

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by LeonHitchcox

"What the F".

The lack of audio and video at the start of the incident speaks volumes regarding his intent to be an arrogant azzhat.

He actually shut off his body cam, and lied about shutting it off.

Intent and cover up.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Page 9 of 22 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 21 22

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

462 members (10gaugemag, 007FJ, 160user, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 163bc, 41 invisible), 2,137 guests, and 1,168 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,245
Posts18,486,168
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.