Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
U
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
U
IMO, the Colts were the only team that had a mental edge on them....

where to from here?

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
packers got em i would say because of farve

NRA Member for life and life time sportsman.
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Nobody will!! They'll have a great game against the Pack in the Superbowl but they are too well coached to lose against the fabulous Farve..

Speak softly and use a big bore...
Where's El Cid when we need him...
U
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
U
I don't necessarily have a dog in this fight but why does everyone think the injured Chargers are gonna get past the Pats ???

--or is that only Californians ???? grin

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Californians and hopeful Packer fans... wink

Jeff
IC B2

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
UtahLefty - I don't know why either but remember that the unbeaten streak means nothing without the superbowl ring.. so they will play very hard to make history...

U
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
U
I just don't think the Chargers are gonna have enough gas left after today....

And I think the Pack is gonna have to work harder than they can afford against the Giants....*

* see above: out-of-gas redux...

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
I doubt anybody can beat them without something drastic like injuries happening. I am a huge Packer fan but am also a realist and even though New England may have some weaknesses no one has beaten them because of those weaknesses. Any team that can dare you to stop their passing attack and make it stick is something to be reckoned with. I fully expect them to be the Super Bowl champs this year.

Larry
"Speed is fine but accuracy is final" - Bill Jordan
"We do not exaggerate when we state positively that the remodelled Springfield is the best and most suitable "all 'round" rifle".......Seymour Griffin, GRIFFIN & HOWE, Inc. wink
U
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
U
IMO, the Chargers won the SB for the Pats. The Colts would have beat them (watching the game last year and the first match-up this year) , I don't think the Pats could win 2/3.

Chargers-Colts (IMO) was THE game this season that will have the most impact on the final outcome......

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
I don't think the Colts would beat many playoff teams playing like they did today. I think Seattle may have beaten them if they played like they did today.

Larry
"Speed is fine but accuracy is final" - Bill Jordan
"We do not exaggerate when we state positively that the remodelled Springfield is the best and most suitable "all 'round" rifle".......Seymour Griffin, GRIFFIN & HOWE, Inc. wink
IC B3

D
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
D
NOBODY NOW

srp Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The old undefeated Shula Dolfins could have

A fool uttereth all his mind - Proverbs 29:11
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by dirtysteve
NOBODY NOW

laugh ...............It's been a good year for New England fans! smile

The Beast from the North East! grin ......................Go Pat's! cool

Hunting the "Roar",
Mark Luce

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
srp - That would be one hell of a game!!

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Should the Packers go, it could be a game. If the Giants go, it will be a blow-out. Eli ain't there yet. Probably never will be.

Keep in mind, there were three games where the Pats won by squeakers. That means someone played the game and came up just short.

I keep hearing the same voices here betting against the Pack each week, saying how their run is great...but it's going to end next game or this or that. When it comes to the big game, which team will have the sentimental following? Which quarterback will receive the greatest applause?

If you have a Pack/New England Super Bowl this year, who will have the greatest reason to win; the most energy and drive? The youth and inexperience, lead by the vintage quarterback with the heart of a kid, will be tough to stop. The Giants don't have what it takes to beat the Packers this year.

Dan

"It's a source of great pride, that when I google my name, I find book titles and not mug shots." Daniel C. Chamberlain
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The Patriots are a Juggernaught! I guess any of the other teams should be able to beat them, but the Pats chemistry and timing seem to be impeccable. This old Cowboys fan predicts the Patriots will win the Superbowl.

One of the sanest, surest, and most generous joys of life comes from being happy over the good fortune of others.
Archibald Rutledge

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Originally Posted by Dan_Chamberlain
Should the Packers go, it could be a game. If the Giants go, it will be a blow-out. Eli ain't there yet. Probably never will be.

Keep in mind, there were three games where the Pats won by squeakers. That means someone played the game and came up just short.

I keep hearing the same voices here betting against the Pack each week, saying how their run is great...but it's going to end next game or this or that. When it comes to the big game, which team will have the sentimental following? Which quarterback will receive the greatest applause?

If you have a Pack/New England Super Bowl this year, who will have the greatest reason to win; the most energy and drive? The youth and inexperience, lead by the vintage quarterback with the heart of a kid, will be tough to stop. The Giants don't have what it takes to beat the Packers this year.

Dan

Exactly. The Packers (been saying this for months now) are the only team that could beat the Patriots in the SuperBowl, and for just that reason. No one else has that "X" factor of Favre and potentially his last game.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Pats can be beat, but it will take a near perfect game by the other team. NO major fouls, NO interceptions, smothering defense etc..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Also don't forget - the Pack defense has the most experience playing against an all stud quarterback and Randy Moss and his abilities aren't unknown. We played him 2x a year EVERY year whilst in MN.

Me

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Are you kidding? I'm in Rhode Island, I want the Pats to win. Good grief, everyone's wearing Pats jerseys and has banners on their lawns. Pats specials at the bars and restaurants... It's big doings here, just like the Red Sox you know. Rooting for Losing sports teams for the first thirty years of my life, it's nice to be able to wear your local sport's colors for a few years with pride.

"I didn't get the sophisticated gene in this family. I started the sophisticated gene in this family." Willie Robertson
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

74 members (AKislander, 300_savage, Anaconda, 69sportfury, 17CalFan, 8 invisible), 1,577 guests, and 880 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,503
Posts18,490,574
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.