Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I can't think of anything I have ever bought because of the advertising. However, there are many things I will never buy because of their advertising.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Generally speaking, I don't see many ads.

I tend to put anything I prefer to watch on the DVR and FF through scheidt that isn't pertinent. Commercials being the major items that aren't necessary.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I've often wondered, why do companies like Coke or Pepsi or whatever other big name brands even bother with advertising anymore? I mean, it's not like there's anyone in the WORLD that doesn't already know about Coke, and already know whether they like it or not. You'd think that they could save tons of money by cutting back on pointless advertising.... but, what do I know? I'm hardly the big business mogul, myself.

By the way, the Best Choice Cola is way better than Coke now anyway. wink

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm with 1minute and Geno.

On the radio I either tune them out with the knob, or my head.
Just don't hear them.

Podcasts through noise canceling muffler at work get through though.
Phone on my toolbox, skipping them is too hard.

The Pure Talk Celluar has my attention, but I got my phone through Straight Talk a few months ago, and I don't think they will release it until a year is up. By then it'll be forgotten.😉

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Stophel
I've often wondered, why do companies like Coke or Pepsi or whatever other big name brands even bother with advertising anymore? I mean, it's not like there's anyone in the WORLD that doesn't already know about Coke, and already know whether they like it or not. You'd think that they could save tons of money by cutting back on pointless advertising.... but, what do I know? I'm hardly the big business mogul, myself.

Best Choice Cola thanks you for advertising for the Best Choice brand.

Well done.

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by JohnBurns

Well done.

But are ya gonna buy some now???

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Well done.
But are ya gonna buy some now???

I have not had any cola in 30 years but now I sort of want to try a Best Choice Cola just because.

I can say for sure Best Choice has a team of behaviour scientists dedicated to making me drink some and you have helped them out. As I had never heard of it before it's a pretty good first step.

Advertising works and the best advertising works at a deep level.

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
I have not had any cola in 30 years but now I sort of want to try a Best Choice Cola just because.

I can say for sure Best Choice has a team of behaviour scientists dedicated to making me drink some and you have helped them out. As I had never heard of it before it's a pretty good first step.

Advertising works and the best advertising works at a deep level.

You ain't had a soda in 30 years, but weigh 280 pounds.

LOL

H
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
H
The Nyquil add works I hear.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I find that ALL ads are a nuisance no matter where I see them.
I've never bought or clicked on an add.

Did I make you cry......boooo hooo, life goes on.
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Ad's & commercials don't sway me. Since I don't own a TV anymore I don't see them, but I listen to the radio a lot so can't dodge all of them.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
However, there are many things I will never buy because of their advertising.

Yup - Lots of thing I refuse to buy because of a stupid ad and in recent times any woke ads of any sort ads = canceled

Fing pop up ads on this site are getting worse

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I remember that just around turning 45, all of a sudden I found most ads and commercials became boring and annoying. The same went for shopping malls. All of a sudden, there was nothing for me in a mall anymore.

Duh! I'd passed out of the main demographic. Stuff was no longer meant for me.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I dont let them ruin my day. But I doubt I am motivated to buy much if anything from an ad of any kind. More likely to buy or set least look at something suggested by friends or on a forum. These days I’m usually looking for a product or service to solve a problem rather than scratching an itch. As I get older I don't do as much if any impulse buying.

Life can be rough on us dreamers.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Advertising works on everyone. No one thinks it works on them, only everyone else, but it works on everyone.

It is often not intended to sell the product being advertised but even then it works.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
The world would be much better off without any marketing departments.

C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Stickfight
Advertising works on everyone. No one thinks it works on them, only everyone else, but it works on everyone.

It is often not intended to sell the product being advertised but even then it works.

I am not sure about that...

I still think 6.5 Creedmoor sucks...

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by rcamuglia

Very compelling
Which do you imagine is you? And which is burns?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Rarely do we see one. Most everything we watch has been pre-recorded using Dish and can fast forward right through the commercials.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
I've gone to manufacturers websites with the intention of quite possibly buying a product of theirs. Only to be turned off by pop-ups that take over my screen. They get 2 or 3 strikes depending on my mood and the amount of intrusiveness of the pop-up ad.

Ads started popping up on YouTube- I signed out for a few days- went back same thing- stayed off for ?10 days. Tried again- no more ads- I think they run tests to see who will allow ads.
Years ago Yahoo would sign me out then want my phone number- I got another email. Went back to check Yahoo and I was signed on and have stayed signed on for years. < Same with Facebook- now I stay signed on for years.

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

354 members (17CalFan, 219 Wasp, 257robertsimp, 1_deuce, 204guy, 1moredeer, 50 invisible), 2,513 guests, and 1,223 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,238
Posts18,485,844
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.