Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 7mmbuster
Erik, someone else , an agnostic, once told me about a theory that Earths very existence, all human history, is nothing more than a vast computer program playing on endlessly!😀
I am really kinda dumbfounded as to how someone who claims to be agnostic, questioning Gods very existence, can even imagine such a cockamamie idea that every living being is a very detailed computer program!😀
Talk about crazy!

Lol
They did the math. I recently read "Stalking the Wild Pendulum". Three times actually. I still don't understand what I read.

@jameslavish

If you work 40 hrs/wk: at 5% inflation and after 5 years, you need a 28% pay raise or to work 44 more hours (*one full extra week* per month+) to make up the difference.

This is inflation

antlers Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Thanks for that WhiteTail48.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Originally Posted by 7mmbuster
Erik, someone else , an agnostic, once told me about a theory that Earths very existence, all human history, is nothing more than a vast computer program playing on endlessly!😀
I am really kinda dumbfounded as to how someone who claims to be agnostic, questioning Gods very existence, can even imagine such a cockamamie idea that every living being is a very detailed computer program!😀
Talk about crazy!
https://archaix.com/ this guy gives all the chronology that proves we live in a simulation. It's undeniable. He uses the chronology of the scriptures and many other texts that go but in antiquities, cross referencing it all from multiple vantage points showing our true history,how religion is used to control the masses. He shows the edits and resets throughout history and how the calendars have been changed and manipulated to hide these edits and resets. The mathematical perfection that shows all this makes its pretty easy to see. Through all this there is evidence that there is a God.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Orion2000
Originally Posted by Irving_D
I was raised a Jehovahs witness, I dont practice and I am not a very religious person. We were taught Jesus was gods son no trinity. Two separate entities which makes the most sense to me. I believe their has to be a higher being or something that created everything but you have to wonder what kind of [bleep] up sense of humor he has to allow things to continue this way.

King James, New King James, NIV, all read the same:
John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Jehovahs Witness, New World Translation, 2013 Revision:
John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was a god.

For some reason, the NWT translators took the same construct in the original Greek that they translated as little "g" god in John 1:1, and translated it as capital "G" God in John 1:6, 1:12, 1:13, and 1:18. Curious...
In their attempt to make Jesus less than God, they also created a SECOND god. They have their god. Then they call Jesus 'a god'. This 'a god' is in addition to their big god, making at least 2 gods. They claim to have only 1 god but then they create another one, contrary to their monotheistic belief.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Orion2000
King James, New King James, NIV, all read the same:
John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Jehovahs Witness, New World Translation, 2013 Revision:
John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was a god.

For some reason, the NWT translators took the same construct in the original Greek that they translated as little "g" god in John 1:1, and translated it as capital "G" God in John 1:6, 1:12, 1:13, and 1:18. Curious...
Here is one of the pitfalls of human religion. Even many so called Christian churches take the context out of the Bible!
Satan himself is very good at quoting scripture, using scripture to deceive even believers into thinking that they’re following the will of God, when they’re actually way off the path!
How many times have you heard someone say that the Bible contradicts itself, thereby justifying their own lack of reading it or attending a church? I myself was guilty of this before I was saved!
There are supposedly Christian churches with homosexual preachers, transgender preachers and God knows what else, believing that they are saved because their leaders quote scripture out of context!
Heck, anything can be taken out at context, and twisted into meaning the exact opposite of what it actually says. Our own Bill of Rights is used by politicians to promote and justify gun control, federal control of states, even abortion.
I believe that I belong to a very good church. The reason I believe this is because every single sermon or topic is always reinforced by other scripture. I said in an earlier thread that I’m getting pretty good at locating some of the more obscure books of the Bible that aren’t used very often!😀
But in doing all this page turning, I know that what I am being taught is true, and it has given me a hunger to learn more and be a better Christian.
Many years I attended a church, even taught some evening classes without reading the Bible on my own time!
I still read mostly history. I always have! But I can honestly say that I read the Bible very often of my own will.
Im still not a great Christian, but I can see that I am an improving Christian! That’s about as good as anyone can claim on earth!😀
Edited to add that the old church used the NIV translation. It is easier to use for some, I have I believe 3 different translations myself! NIV, New Living Bible, and probably American Standard Version.
But my new church sticks with the original King James Version. I have been warned that different translations are often taken out of context, so we stick with the original.
Reon

Last edited by 7mmbuster; 04/20/24.

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

IC B2

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Tyrone
I don't know how anyone could look into the Shroud of Turin and not get that Jesus is divine.

Multiple independent labs carbon 14 dated the the shroud to the 14th century.

It's a late middle ages forgery.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
There is never gonna be ANY DEFINITIVE PROOF of Gods existence or Christ divinity as long as we’re here on earth!
The definitive proof that everyone seeks will be revealed after we die, or when Christ Himself returns. Until then, our salvation depends on our own faith! This is why the Bible states over and over again that “through faith alone, are we to be saved”!
I have heard of Egyptian Chariots being located at the bottom of the Red Sea. This would prove that the book of Exodus to be true. I have heard the shroud is carbon dated to the 14th century too, obviously it is fake!
But when you boil everything down, and do your own research to reach your own conclusions, the question “did Christ actually offer Himself as atonement for my own sins?” Still comes down to personal faith! This is as God intended, just as my reading of scripture tells me!
I choose to believe He did. My Mom told me this before I was old enough to read. I’m sure her prayers have guided me, even when I was too busy living to worry about being dead!😎
The fact that in the past couple of years, threads like this, open discussions about Christian faith , are so fast growing, tells me that more and more people are starting to recognize that there’s something or somebody behind the curtains of government and life.
I was here when we had a separate forum called “Christ at The Campfire”, and how it became a shooting gallery for those who choose not to believe!🤬
Based on these experiences, I can see that more and more, people are starting to wake up!
I gives me hope, and it reinforces my own faith!😀

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
What I don`t understand is why the Christian Churches do not accept "The Gospel of Jesus " ?

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I believe in the trinity, God the Father, God the Son, God the Holy Spirit.

Crazy theories contrary to the Holy Bible are of Satan to lead others astray. I choose to accept Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior.

Liberalism is a cancer
Support Christian Family values
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Teachings and theories that Jesus is not God are propagated by Satan to deny Christ the same honor, praise, worship and obedience due only to true God. Unless a person believes that Jesus Christ is God he or she cannot be saved, because only God who became man in order to complete the work of redemption can save and God the Father will not accept any lesser savior. His other name is Immanuel or God with us.

"And God said, let us make man" let us is the Holy Trinity, the Father The Son and The Holy Spirt who are Triune God.

Last edited by duke61; 04/20/24.
IC B3

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
If you understand the bible, you know that Jesus had to be both God and man. Jesus actually referred to himself as both, he even referred to everyone as gods in John 10:34. Jesus also speaks of himself and God being one, and all of us becoming one together in John 17:21-24. All of this may blur the distinction and force us to reevaluate our own concepts of separateness.

Regardless, Jesus had to be both God and man, because the man of Jesus had to live a sinless life in perfect obedience. The man of Jesus had to suffer every consequence of sin including dying a horrible death forsaken by God. The God of Jesus was the only one capable of living a perfect sinless life. In essence God had to become man in a way that he would not be subject to sin, thus the word God sent Mary became flesh without the sperm of sin tainted man. Only God could accomplish this and save man by paying all man's debt to him as a man himself.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Do you read the Bible? Why are you asking the question here?

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by antlers
Some people who profess to be Christians don’t believe that Jesus was divine. Is this position motivated by a desire to maintain the oneness of God, and is that position itself based on a faulty understanding of the Trinity…?

Yes

The way life should be.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by RHClark
If you understand the bible, you know that Jesus had to be both God and man. Jesus actually referred to himself as both, he even referred to everyone as gods in John 10:34.

Jesus quoted Psalm 82:6 where God called Israel’s rules “gods”. Israel’s judges were called “gods”, Exodus 21:6, Exodus 22:8-9, 22:28. Jesus’ argument was if God called them “gods”, He was far greater.

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by bluefish
Originally Posted by antlers
Some people who profess to be Christians don’t believe that Jesus was divine. Is this position motivated by a desire to maintain the oneness of God, and is that position itself based on a faulty understanding of the Trinity…?

Yes

The sheep do stray.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
If you understand the bible, you know that Jesus had to be both God and man. Jesus actually referred to himself as both, he even referred to everyone as gods in John 10:34. Jesus also speaks of himself and God being one, and all of us becoming one together in John 17:21-24. All of this may blur the distinction and force us to reevaluate our own concepts of separateness.

Regardless, Jesus had to be both God and man, because the man of Jesus had to live a sinless life in perfect obedience. The man of Jesus had to suffer every consequence of sin including dying a horrible death forsaken by God. The God of Jesus was the only one capable of living a perfect sinless life. In essence God had to become man in a way that he would not be subject to sin, thus the word God sent Mary became flesh without the sperm of sin tainted man. Only God could accomplish this and save man by paying all man's debt to him as a man himself.

No he didn't. He was quoting Ps 82:6. It's talking about judges who called themselves gods (small g). There wasn't anything divine about them. It was a title. The Mormons latched onto this to teach that there are lots of gods. That's false.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck

No he didn't. He was quoting Ps 82:6. It's talking about judges who called themselves gods (small g). There wasn't anything divine about them. It was a title. The Mormons latched onto this to teach that there are lots of gods. That's false.

It doesn't matter at all to my point. If you are in God and he is in you, and you are one together, you still may need to redefine your terms concerning how much of an individual you are.

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Huntz
What I don`t understand is why the Christian Churches do not accept "The Gospel of Jesus " ?

"Crickets! !"

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Jesus said, He was the Son of God, so He is divine. He also said He was leaving us connected with the Holy Spirit, also divine.
Reading the book of John should clear up the Spiritual questions regarding Oneness. In the book of John Jesus explains our Spirit is in Him and He is within us as He is within God and God is within Him and together we are (spiritually implied) all in the Oneness.

I don't know how many times He referred to His heavenly Father, or Himself as the Son? But it must have been tiring enough that He mentioned to the other guy on the cross that they would soon be in Paradise. (away from the confusion implied)

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

577 members (12344mag, 219DW, 160user, 10gaugemag, 222ND, 10ring1, 62 invisible), 2,381 guests, and 1,269 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,273
Posts18,486,635
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.