Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Stickfight
Advertising works on everyone. No one thinks it works on them, only everyone else, but it works on everyone.

It is often not intended to sell the product being advertised but even then it works.
HawgWorsh

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Advertising works on everyone. No one thinks it works on them, only everyone else, but it works on everyone.

It is often not intended to sell the product being advertised but even then it works.

100%. If you think you are not susceptible to advertising, you are the most easily influenced.

Advertising isn’t about convincing you to buy something, it’s about making something familiar, part of your world. That makes whatever they are advertising a possible choice.

The only way to avoid being influenced by advertising is to avoid it. And if you think you are, you are delusional. The average American is exposed to 10,000 marketing messages a DAY.

That includes many posts here on the ‘fire.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

How has it worked on you?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
How has it worked on you?

I've bought things I would not have otherwise known existed. This week I picked up a rifle that only knew about because it was in a popular video game that I played maybe twice.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Project Farm on Youtube...if that guy shows me it works, I buy it with no reservations whatsoever...and I've never regretted buying anything he tested.
I know there are a lot of worshippers of Kroil on the 'fire, and that's fine, use what you like...but I ain't buying any more 120 dollars a gallon for a fourth place product.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
IC B2

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
The pocket fisherman , bought several.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
If/when that Burger King commercial comes on about .50cent ice cream cones…. Grampa Boomer be hauling ass down there in his 1986 LeSabre

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Liberty Mutual and the f ing Emu has to be the worst. I wouldn't care how cheap they were it's a NO GO.
Just think of the idiots who actually buy chit for these lame commercials.

Gun Owners of America
Escapee's RV Club
Elks
Moose
E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
That ding bat Flo from progressive ins

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Who in hell even watches and/or listens to ads??? I either mute the sound or switch to a different channel.. I have Adblocker++ on every danged thing I can get it on.. I can't recall ever getting something because of some dingdong ad...

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
IC B3

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
20+ years ago I watched an infomercial and bought a light weight vise with all the accoutrements . I use it.

Last edited by richj; 04/20/24.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
I did a quick search and saw that $70,000,000,000 is spent each year in the US on advertising.

They wouldn't spend if it didn't work.

Nobody says, "That's exactly what I wanted to buy" but if they can create a positive image, leave people with a catchy phrase or tune. Present the ad repeatedly with someone that's pretty or that you "Trust" they've influence you Consciously or Unconsciously.

"Camping places fix themselves in your mind as if you had spent long periods of your life in them.
You will remember a curve of your wagon track in the grass of the plain like the features of a friend."
Isak Dinesen

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
If nothing else, it makes one aware (subliminally) of the product, even if it doesn't make you run out right out and buy it.

You MIGHT need it someday. Or, given the choice of several similar brand-name products, it induces you to buy "their's", instead of a competitor's.

Even negative (at the time) awareness works.

Plus, it's a write-off for the companies. I mean, who needs to be aware of all those wierd medications for wierd conditions- isn't that the Dr.'s job?

I suspect there is some tin-foil hat monetary thing going on between pharmaceuticals, media, and politics.

Ooops, I better double up the layer!

Last edited by las; 04/20/24.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Yep,

Just because you didn’t buy the product only means that it didn’t work that time. Or maybe it did and you weren’t the target audience. We’ve all been influenced by ads, popular opinion, and perception. Some more than others but it works on everyone.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If ads were to work on me, I imagine they'd be about food.

Take chocolate, for instance. I never buy it, but when i was married the wife bought fancy Italian chocolates filled with caramel. Candy commercial pops up, and I've been known to hit her stash of the Italian stuff in the drawer as a direct result.
Can't say that I've ever seen the ital stuff advertised...

"Chances Will Be Taken"

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Fubarski
Originally Posted by JohnBurns
I have not had any cola in 30 years but now I sort of want to try a Best Choice Cola just because.

I can say for sure Best Choice has a team of behaviour scientists dedicated to making me drink some and you have helped them out. As I had never heard of it before it's a pretty good first step.

Advertising works and the best advertising works at a deep level.

You ain't had a soda in 30 years, but weigh 280 pounds.

LOL
grin

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by earlybrd
That ding bat Flo from progressive ins
Woke Flo coming soon... dat b Floeesha, Mo Fuqka's...

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Works for me...

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Advertising works great on boomers, hillbillies and the weak minded.

Take for example—MAGA

The greatest advertising scheme ever.

E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
Originally Posted by callnum
Advertising works great on boomers, hillbillies and the weak minded.

Take for example—MAGA

The greatest advertising scheme ever.
So says a phaagut

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

554 members (1OntarioJim, 06hunter59, 204guy, 12344mag, 219DW, 1Longbow, 70 invisible), 2,428 guests, and 1,217 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,301
Posts18,487,087
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.