Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by Huntz
What I don`t understand is why the Christian Churches do not accept "The Gospel of Jesus " ?

"Crickets! !"

What does the question even mean? There's certainly no total agreement about anything among the Christian Churches, and how do you define the "Gospel of Jesus"?

Last edited by RHClark; 04/20/24.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
HE, is.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by Tyrone
I don't know how anyone could look into the Shroud of Turin and not get that Jesus is divine.
Multiple independent labs carbon 14 dated the the shroud to the 14th century.

It's a late middle ages forgery.
There is not a single chance under Heaven that that is the case.

Politics is War by Other Means
H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by RHClark
What I don`t understand is why the Christian Churches do not accept "The Gospel of Jesus " ?

"Crickets! !"

What does the question even mean? There's certainly no total agreement about anything among the Christian Churches, and how do you define the "Gospel of Jesus"?

The "Gospel of Jesus" was found in the Dead Seas Scrolls . It was the actual words of Jesus spoken to his Disciples at The Last Supper . Most organized Christian Religions will not even recognize them as being valid as it goes against their believes . It has nothing to do with Christianity or believing Christ is your Savior . It is just what he actually said . Anyone truly interested in knowing , can find out with a little
investigation on their part . Do not ask me for links , check it out for your selves .

Last edited by Huntz; 04/20/24.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Huntz,
We have the Gospel of Jesus in the New Testament. Jude tells us we have It all.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
IC B2

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R

"Crickets! !"

The "Gospel of Jesus" was found in the Dead Seas Scrolls . It was the actual words of Jesus spoken to his Disciples at The Last Supper . Most organized Christian Religions will not even recognize them as being valid as it goes against their believes . It has nothing to do with Christianity or believing Christ is your Savior . It is just what he actually said . Anyone truly interested in knowing , can find out with a little
investigation on their part . Do not ask me for links , check it out for your selves .

Well then, the answer to your question is that the original orthodox church decided it was not to be included in what they considered the inspired word of God. Look at the Ethiopian orthodox bible. It has many books not included in the KJV or Catholic and Protestant versions including the Book of Enoch. The Ethiopian version is one of the oldest known in existence.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H

"Crickets! !"

What I am speaking of was actually written at The Last Supper in Aramaic when Jesus said it .. Not something that was word of mouth and written by some one 50 or 100 years later . Also Why was the Gospel of Mary denied and her not recognized as a True Apostle ?

Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Huntz,

Jesus didn't elevate Mary above other people; except to choose her for His birth.

Everyday Hunter
H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Ringman
Huntz,

Jesus didn't elevate Mary above other people; except to choose her for His birth.
Not the right Mary .

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Huntz,

And he most certainly did NOT make her a co-redeemer. That's Jesus and Jesus alone.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
IC B3

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
No, Jesus is the son of God.

Psalm 83:18
King James Version
18 That men may know that thou, whose name alone is Jehovah, art the most high over all the earth.

It isn't energy that kills, its holes.
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Big Stick is god !

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
The proper question is: Are religion trolls more obnoxious than liberal trolls?
And the answer is: Yes.
Ooops - a more proper question: "Aren't trolls that needlessly insert themselves into Christian threads the most obnoxious trolls?" Answer too obvious.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
A
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
A
The Question is :

Will Natural Selection be Initiated by a Virus or by Man Himself ..

It’s a Trick Question Bitches

Hahahaha Hahahaha

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Huntz,

And he most certainly did NOT make her a co-redeemer. That's Jesus and Jesus alone.

No one said he did. No one said that she was . Some people read and do not understand .Some people see and do not believe and some people are oblivious to the truth . Jesus made the blind see , but many here are blind to the truth .

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A

What do you mean by "The Gospel of Jesus"?

The Gospel According to Jesus is a 1977 forgery by Gabriele Wittek of the Universal Life Church. It's not an early Christian document.

There are several other documents you could mean such as The Sophia The Christ. This is a Gnostic text of uncertain date. It's earliest Greek fragments date to the 200's. In general, Gnostics only believe in a celestial, spiritual, not a physical Jesus, and Armageddon will be fought only in the heavens, not on Earth. Gnostic theology is incompatible with the form of Christianity that gave us the early Catholic Church.

Same can be said for "Diaglog of the Savior", but it's generally dated to about 150 AD.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Huntz,

No one said he did. No one said that she was . Some people read and do not understand .Some people see and do not believe and some people are oblivious to the truth . Jesus made the blind see , but many here are blind to the truth .

What is this truth of which you post?

While I am asking, who is the Mary who is not Mary?

Everyday Hunter
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
What I am speaking of was actually written at The Last Supper in Aramaic when Jesus said it .. Not something that was word of mouth and written by some one 50 or 100 years later .

I never heard that someone was at the last supper taking notes. Who was there at the table writing down whatever Jesus said?? Taking dictation, so to speak.

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Huntz,

'

Right there!
Some very dear friends drove 4 hours to attend my mothers funeral with\for me. One, like me, was raised as Catholic but left that Church as I did in part due to things such as the preacher said during the mass which in effect was to pray to Mary - who ascended directly to become Queen of Heaven. Say WHAT ???

I and the 2 - 3 friends who are solid in non-Catholic faiths were afterward biting our tongues out of respect but giving a knowing look and head shake to one another.

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by kenjs1
Huntz,

'

Right there!
Some very dear friends drove 4 hours to attend my mothers funeral with\for me. One, like me, was raised as Catholic but left that Church as I did in part due to things such as the preacher said during the mass which in effect was to pray to Mary - who ascended directly to become Queen of Heaven. Say WHAT ???

I and the 2 - 3 friends who are solid in non-Catholic faiths were afterward biting our tongues out of respect but giving a knowing look and head shake to one another.

Spot on.

Liberalism is a cancer
Support Christian Family values
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

572 members (007FJ, 219DW, 12344mag, 160user, 10gaugemag, 222ND, 63 invisible), 2,315 guests, and 1,273 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,276
Posts18,486,677
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.