Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ldholton

You know there was a Brit who that may have happened to...

BUT I forget who...

The father was well known...

Clearly someone is reading Jo stories after they give him his drugs...

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
My ex was a man eater. One of her better traits.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I'm not sure if the headhunters were also cannibals, though they likely were, But when the 80th Fighter Squadron was set up in P-38s at Port Moresby, New Guinea, back during WW II, the headhunters actually "got it" that the White pilots that floated down were enemies of their hated Japanese enemies. The headhunters actually rescued some of our guys and got them back to base. This led to the 80th adopting the name "Headhunters" as their squadron nickname, and a caricature of one of them on the squadron patch, which remains to this day, despite the efforts of the woke to get rid of it.
The Headhunters was my first squadron (in Korea) back in 1984.
[img]https://th.bing.com/th/id/OIP.mZGnVl3ctVAZryvEH73GDwHaIa?rs=1&pid=ImgDetMain[/img]
[img]https://th.bing.com/th/id/OIP.-ntH402HKwcFl9TRkg-3rwHaKd?rs=1&pid=ImgDetMain[/img]

So that's maybe one more BS thing in Biden's story - the headhunters being hostile to the White pilots.

Rex

Last edited by TRexF16; 04/20/24.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P.S. and I agree with Rocky - what so bad about being eaten, if you're already dead?
Beats soaking in embalming fluid in a sealed casket for all eternity - might as well feed the earth, or some of her inhabitants.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
There are some recorded incidents of Japs eating captives in WWII.

Chichijima incident

Article
Talk
Read
Edit
View history

Tools
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Chichijima incident (also known as the Ogasawara incident) occurred in late 1944. Japanese soldiers killed eight American airmen on Chichi Jima, in the Bonin Islands, and cannibalized five of them.

Incident
Nine American pilots escaped from their planes after being shot down during bombing raids on Chichijima, a tiny island 700 miles (1,100 km) south of Tokyo, in September 1944. Eight of the airmen, Lloyd Woellhof, Grady York, James "Jimmy" Dye, Glenn Frazier Jr., Marvell "Marve" Mershon, Floyd Hall, Warren Earl Vaughn, and Warren Hindenlang were captured and eventually executed. The ninth, and only one to evade capture, was future U.S. President George H. W. Bush, also a 20-year-old pilot.[1]

After the war, it was discovered that the captured airmen had been beaten and tortured before being executed. The airmen were beheaded on the orders of Lt Gen. Yoshio Tachibana.[2] Japanese officers then ate parts of the bodies of four of the men.[3][4]

Trials
Tachibana, alongside 11 other Japanese personnel, were tried in August 1946 in relation to the execution of U.S. Navy airmen, and the cannibalism of at least one of them, during August 1944. Because military and international law did not specifically deal with cannibalism, they were tried for murder and "prevention of honorable burial".[5]: 86 

This case was investigated in 1947 in a war crimes trial, and of the 30 Japanese soldiers prosecuted, four officers (including Lieutenant General Tachibana,[5][6] Major Matoba, and Captain Yoshii) were found guilty and hanged. All enlisted men and Probationary Medical Officer Tadashi Teraki were released within eight years.[6]

Vice Admiral Mori Kunizo, who commanded Chichi-Jima air base at the time of the incident, was of the belief that consumption of human liver had medical benefits. He was initially sentenced to life imprisonment for his involvement in the incident. However, after his subordinates were convicted of slaughtering prisoners during their time on the Southern Front, he was sentenced to death and subsequently hanged in a separate trial organized by the Netherlands for war crimes committed in the Dutch East Indies.[7]

Book
Main article: Flyboys: A True Story of Courage
In the best-selling book Flyboys: A True Story of Courage, American author James Bradley details several instances of cannibalism of World War II Allied prisoners by their Japanese captors.[8] Bradley claims that this included not only ritual cannibalization of the livers of freshly killed prisoners, but also the cannibalization-for-sustenance of living prisoners over the course of several days, amputating limbs only as needed to keep the meat fresh.[9]

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
IC B2

E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
Originally Posted by elkhunternm
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
😂😂

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
In Africa the schools food supply was seasonally dry corn stored still on the husk, a guy with a hand-pump sprayer would spray it with DDT to keep down the insects (I dunno what they did about rodents).

Persistence and bioaccumulation are things, 40 years later I most likely carry a bunch to pass on.

Anyways, IIRC kuru, mad human disease, sort of like our own CWD, was still common in New Guinea at the time of WWII.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kuru_(disease)

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
When the Allies cut off Japanese units during the war, they had no way to get resuppiled, and some Japanese units DID resort to cannibalism, according to reports at the time. US submarines and aircraft kept the shipping of Japanese supplies to a bare minimum level.

It was a brutal war, things happened. Did Biden's uncle get eaten? I have no idea, but if it came out of Biden's mouth, it's more likely a lie.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Not necessarily a lie. Dementia does some strange things to the brain. More likely he 'remembers' things that never happened. My dad got like that. I don't know which is worse in the whitehouse - a president who's a known liar or a president with dementia. We have a president who's both.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
N
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
N
Originally Posted by AB2506
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
Since the "being eaten" part would come after being dead and cooked, I fail to see what difference it makes to the eaten.

That does not distract from the fact that Biden is a blithering idiot.

Military says the TWIN engine plane crashed over the ocean near New Guinea, due to unknown engine failure. There was 3-5 other people on board, one of whom survived and was obviously rescued.

Only 6 facts Biden got right was, WWII, plane, New Guinea, uncle, crashed, died. Everything else was malarkey.

….and it wasn’t a recon flight and Uncle Bosie wasn’t flying either. RIP

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
IC B3

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
True that not all cannibals are headhunters and not all headhunters are cannibals. Headhunting was common among the indigenous Taiwanese tribes into the 20th century, but it was more cultural and ritualistic than anything else.

Good movie Warriors of the Rainbow, 1930s rebellion against the Japanese occupiers. Indigenous actors, some dialog in the native language.

There is a helluva a lot that goes on in the world that is under the mainstream radar. Contributes to general indifference and ignorance, distorted views of history and current events.

Stupidity has its way, while its cousin, evil, runs rampant.
E
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
L
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
L
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by OldmanoftheSea
Originally Posted by ldholton

You know there was a Brit who that may have happened to...

BUT I forget who...

The father was well known...

Clearly someone is reading Jo stories after they give him his drugs...

It was a Rockefeller kid….Michael Rockefeller.

https://allthatsinteresting.com/michael-rockefeller

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
L
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
L
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

594 members (160user, 222Sako, 240NMC, 1lessdog, 257 roberts, 17CalFan, 64 invisible), 2,266 guests, and 1,280 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,285
Posts18,486,876
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.