Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Ringman
Originally Posted by Huntz
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Originally Posted by Ringman
Huntz,

Jesus didn't elevate Mary above other people; except to choose her for His birth.
And he most certainly did NOT make her a co-redeemer. That's Jesus and Jesus alone.

No one said he did. No one said that she was . Some people read and do not understand .Some people see and do not believe and some people are oblivious to the truth . Jesus made the blind see , but many here are blind to the truth .

What is this truth of which you post?

While I am asking, who is the Mary who is not Mary?
There is Mary mother of Christ and Mary Magdalene . It is Mary Magdalene of which I speak . She wrote her own Gospels . I never mentioned praying to Mary . Reading comprehension is very low here.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Do you all read everything I have said or just read what you want to and then make a comment ? Because your comments make it obvious you have not read everything or are just incapable of understanding the written word . So much for taking Gospels written 50 to 200 years after Christs death as absolutely the truth .

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
antlers Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Jesus said and did so many things that only God can say and do that to doubt His divinity is to doubt the many different manuscripts…by many different authors…that collectively comprise the New Testament. Put another way: it’s not possible to deny the divinity of Jesus and at the same time accept the New Testament manuscripts as the inspired word of God. These are mutually exclusive positions.

So if you’re seeking out the truth of who Jesus is, and you accept the New Testament manuscripts as the inspired word of God, then the question is really settled. Jesus is who He said He is. Jesus is who His apostles said He is.

Jesus claimed divinity; His apostles claimed His divinity; and they clearly “worshipped” Him. The Magi “worshipped” Him. Some of the women who were on their way to tell Jesus’ disciples of the resurrection when Jesus met them on their way “worshipped” Him. In fact, it was this very claim of His that got Him crucified.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Do you all read everything I have said or just read what you want to and then make a comment ? Because your comments make it obvious you have not read everything or are just incapable of understanding the written word . So much for taking Gospels written 50 to 200 years after Christs death as absolutely the truth .

Instead of reading something not accepted by the majority of Christians maybe you would accept the word of the world's leading archeologist of the Middle East from the 1960's and 1970's. William F. Albright wrote the entire New Testament was written before the year 70AD. Take a careful look at Hebrews, Acts, and John. Internal evidence suggests they were written prior to the year 70AD. I listened to a lecture just the other day by some professor who said Paul started writing his letters within just a few years of the resurrection.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Leanwolf
What I am speaking of was actually written at The Last Supper in Aramaic when Jesus said it .. Not something that was word of mouth and written by some one 50 or 100 years later .

I never heard that someone was at the last supper taking notes. Who was there at the table writing down whatever Jesus said?? Taking dictation, so to speak.

L.W.

Huntz, any verifiable source for your statement above??

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
IC B2

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Originally Posted by Orion2000
Originally Posted by Irving_D
I was raised a Jehovahs witness, I dont practice and I am not a very religious person. We were taught Jesus was gods son no trinity. Two separate entities which makes the most sense to me. I believe their has to be a higher being or something that created everything but you have to wonder what kind of [bleep] up sense of humor he has to allow things to continue this way.

King James, New King James, NIV, all read the same:
John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Jehovahs Witness, New World Translation, 2013 Revision:
John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was a god.

For some reason, the NWT translators took the same construct in the original Greek that they translated as little "g" god in John 1:1, and translated it as capital "G" God in John 1:6, 1:12, 1:13, and 1:18. Curious...
In their attempt to make Jesus less than God, they also created a SECOND god. They have their god. Then they call Jesus 'a god'. This 'a god' is in addition to their big god, making at least 2 gods. They claim to have only 1 god but then they create another one, contrary to their monotheistic belief.
......dont think so.....bob

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

534 members (1beaver_shooter, 06hunter59, 1badf350, 204guy, 1Longbow, 1OntarioJim, 57 invisible), 2,441 guests, and 1,250 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,308
Posts18,487,182
Members73,968
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.