Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
BC30cal Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
All;
Good morning from the somewhat chilly south Okanagan, I hope wherever this finds you that you're warm, well and dry.

This young fellow from a couple valleys west of me made a splash recently showing that the NDP government has it's own scandal going with grant applications.

What got lost in that noise, is that he's making really useful and innovative trucks, with zero help from the government....

Shocking, I know.

He's one of us BC rednecks too btw - "It feels like a kick in the nuts if we're bein' totally honest"....

All the best.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

GB1

H
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
H
Dwayne, thanks for the video. Amazing what individual ingenuity and innovation can do and make a direct impact on the goals for climate change.

What is not amazing is the lack of jumping onto a support bandwagon by either the provincial or federal governments as this does not fit in their myoptic government knows the best solution driven agenda. Although he may have gotten more support if he was a previous Liberal MP.

Unfortunately this story happens way to often with many innovative ideas / concepts being ignored by over government and then being picked up by other countries. I know of a boiler exhaust gases scrubber research project that was ignored by our NDP government and moved to Japan. A animal waste plant that generated fuel capable of use for planes that moved to the US and is in place and use as micro refineries.

I have no idea how as a country we can send millions of dollars to foreign nations and ignore development in our own.

Hugh
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
That's awesome. I can see a future for him in politics if he continues to go against the grain.

LOL
G
GRF Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Thanks Dwayne!!

Sadly the wisest pure financial decision is to head out of Canada.

Hugh; The innovation and brain drain out of Canada is very real and has been going on for a while, it’s just accelerating under Trudeau. The latest tax changes are just making it worse.

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Yeah, saw that truck on You Tube. Pretty cool concept. Picking up energy loaded coming down the mtn, using that stored energy going back, empty. Using the weight of the logs to generate power is uber cool.

I wish them well. Coming here with Brandon in the Oval may not be a lot better than lib Canada. Maybe you guys can get rid of Trudeau as we retire Brandon.

Then, we’ll talk.

DF

IC B2

BC30cal Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
GRF;
Good morning my friend, I hope the day's been kind to you and your fine family and you're all well.

Unfortunately there is nothing in your post that I don't personally know to be true, much as it pains me to say it.

If memory serves, when you and your wonderful wife so graciously invited me over for a meal last summer, we chatted a wee bit about the rig I was in, which was my wife's '19 Rav4 Hybrid.

We'd run it up to Dawson City the previous summer going up the Cassiar and back down the AlCan all the way to Dawson Creek and then down with our goal being not to travel on the same road twice if we could do it.

Anyways all that to say in the nearly 5 years she's had the Hybrid, she's had absolutely zero issues with it and overall I'd say that IF that technology could be transferred to pickups and bigger trucks, it'd be useful.

For sure there's more computerized stuff going on GRF, but then any of the newer rigs have that extreme amount of electronic controls and sensors as well so there is that.

As DirtFarmer mentioned, it's crazy how much power one can get going downhill and for the most part the gas part just shuts off and the charging system assists the braking to such a degree that there is significantly less braking used. Even coming down into some of the bigger passes on Highway 3 which I came out and went back on, it's almost like the car has an engine brake is the best way I can describe it.

We shall see where this all goes, but I do wish the young man well in his endeavors.

As mentioned too, he's exposed another scandal in our NDP Premier Eby's government and that's never a bad thing on an election year.

All the best.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Gotta give these guys credit for a novel concept. I hope they get rewarded for their efforts, not swept under the rug by a bunch of mindless bureaucrats.

DF

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

568 members (160user, 1badf350, 10ring1, 1936M71, 1lessdog, 1beaver_shooter, 60 invisible), 2,534 guests, and 1,286 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,336
Posts18,487,642
Members73,969
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.