Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
AB2506 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Title of article says Tree Stands, but they're not, they're elevated deer stands on trailers. I'm not sure why they blew them up, rather than just remove them. They left a bloody mess.

https://www.outdoorlife.com/hunting/minnesota-dnr-blows-up-tree-stand/

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Let’s hear it for gov’t workers, everybody!

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Idiots…😒

Fear the crabcat.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by AB2506
Title of article says Tree Stands, but they're not, they're elevated deer stands on trailers. I'm not sure why they blew them up, rather than just remove them. They left a bloody mess.

https://www.outdoorlife.com/hunting/minnesota-dnr-blows-up-tree-stand/
Why does a shooter use tannerite instead of a paper target? Big boys like big bangs whether they work for the DNR or not.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Possum cops- - - -they make the azzoles with blue lights and badges who beat up on high school girls look like choirboys by comparison.

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Chainsaw would have worked. Probably DEI hires.

IC B2

P
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
P
I tore down a tree stand on my Grandparents place one time.

An axe worked, but at 15, if I would have had dynamite……

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
They appear to be trailer mounted. Why not just tow them out of there?

I am always looking for factory wood stocks!
DMc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Never heard of such a thing....

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
And here I thought MDNR were a bunch of keystone cops.....Thanks Minnesota!!

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The article says it was on the Leech Lake Indian Reservation and that the blinds were put up by a tribal member, does the Minnesota DNR have Indians in their ranks? Maybe tribal conflicts figured into it.

Anyways I still hold the Minnesota DNR in high regard for the free GPS software they provided for the Garmin 12 way back in the days.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
IC B3

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Real nice ! Looks like a road right next to the stand....use a front end loader into a truck or trailer and HAUL the wood and metal out of the woods....it would look so much nicer !
Who ever OK'd the destruction should be fired and sent to clean up the mess !

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by 160user
They appear to be trailer mounted. Why not just tow them out of there?

This. I have seen tribal members deer hunting from stands over there but there has always been a motor on those stands and someone behind the wheel directing said stand.

There is a bunch I don’t understand about this considering how many “don’t” are given to any white people questioning activities on these sovereign nations.

Osky

A woman's heart is the hardest rock the Almighty has put on this earth and I can find no sign on it.
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by coyotewacker
Real nice ! Looks like a road right next to the stand....use a front end loader into a truck or trailer and HAUL the wood and metal out of the woods....it would look so much nicer !
Who ever OK'd the destruction should be fired and sent to clean up the mess !

They probably just installed the mandatory signage over the site like they have to along the main roads on that Rez. I’d be more concerned about the old washers, dryers, vehicles, vehicle parts, bathtubs, etc in the road ditches. They at least have them marked for removal with signs on the nearest tree saying love Mother Earth, our spirit home, the great nation, one with the earth…….

A woman's heart is the hardest rock the Almighty has put on this earth and I can find no sign on it.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
But hey; the DNR boys are government and those hunters are not. Blowing up some unoccupied deer stands is nothing compared to stuff like Waco. The whole thing could have been neatly, (and silently) taken care of with a front end loader and trucks, as has been mentioned here already.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
The article says “installed illegally on trees”. Those were on trailers. I imagine they went to the trouble of putting them on trailers specifically because they couldn’t be installed on trees. They might not have even been illegal.

Last edited by JoeBob; 04/22/24.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
The MN DNR has a problem with deer stands. It used to define a “ permanent “ deer stand as an elevated stand fastened, screwed or nailed to a tree or trees. This permanent stand could be no higher than 16 feet and was open to the public for anyone to use.

It no longer defines the difference between a portable stand or a permanent stand, but it does regulate permanent stands in some locations.

A call to the DNR office in St Paul asking what is the definition of a permanent stand and you get several answers, from “you know darn well if your stand is permanent, or not”, to “ any stand left out overnight “.

Call a game warden and get a different list of definitions.

My guess is that the owner of these stands made them appear to be “portable” by building them on wheels, but had no intention of ever moving them.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Locals sound whiny.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
If the article is correct and these stands belonged to a Tribal member and were within the boundaries of the Reservation even if on State Forest land, the DNR is going to find itself it court and they will lose.

Indians have special rights and privileges all across the State, not just on The Res.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
Real brite idea😒

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
We have only mulies here in so. Idaho, no whitetails, so my info on stands might be off a little. I've never hunted deer from a stand or blind, only ducks. The way I read the Idaho regs, on public land you can't put up any kind of stand that's nailed or wired to a tree. You can't build a ground blind that disturbs the soil, so no digging a pit or piling dirt to hide behind. Blinds/stands can't be left overnight. If you do it becomes public property. In the morning if you find someone in your stand, it's their right to be there, first come first served. Of course none of this applies on private land.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

591 members (12344mag, 160user, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 01Foreman400, 1beaver_shooter, 62 invisible), 2,398 guests, and 1,257 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,271
Posts18,486,613
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.