Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
An interesting video interview of Annie Jacobson who wrote Surprise, Kill, Vanish, about the CIA's formation and intelligence gathering all over the world, plus the Agency's paramilitary teams who "solve problems" with "extreme prejudice." Note what she says about the CIA's women operators.

I am about to finish reading her book, noted above, and it is one of the most fascinating books I've read ... and I've read a ton of books. If the world of "spies" interests you, I highly recommend Jacobson's book.

Enjoy.

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Years ago I actually met a woman who was an operative for the CIA.. She didn't say much, obviously, but I did see a pic of her while she was in service.. Very interesting lady indeed..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
O
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by Leanwolf
... Surprise, Kill, Vanish, ... I am about to finish reading her book, noted above, and it is one of the most fascinating books I've read ... and I've read a ton of books. If the world of "spies" interests you, I highly recommend Jacobson's book.

Enjoy.

L.W.

Sir, Bought the book on your recommendation. Illuminating, yes. Also depressing. Read the first 80-100 pages and stopped. My take away was that they hired a group of amoral people to commit amoral acts leading to building an amoral organization. So, an "intelligence agency" with no morals, no integrity, and no controls. No wonder how we got to the point we are at today...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Redneck
Years ago I actually met a woman who was an operative for the CIA.. She didn't say much, obviously, but I did see a pic of her while she was in service.. Very interesting lady indeed..
I have a former girlfriend who worked for them as an electronic engineer. (from 40+ years ago) She won't say a word and lives a semi secluded life. I don't blame her one bit. I understand she is big into guns. Oh gee, I wonder why ?

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I had a friend, now deceased, whose daughter was an FBI agent. Wound tighter than a drum. Wouldn't even talk about stuff on govt. websites open to the public, or in history books.

Stupidity has its way, while its cousin, evil, runs rampant.
IC B2

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I'm with Orion2000, Illuminating how I didn't read one true success. Actually shows how truly stupid the people are that make the decisions and how easily they sacrifice our soldiers.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
An interesting video interview of Annie Jacobson who wrote Surprise, Kill, Vanish, about the CIA's formation and intelligence gathering all over the world, plus the Agency's paramilitary teams who "solve problems" with "extreme prejudice." Note what she says about the CIA's women operators.

I am about to finish reading her book, noted above, and it is one of the most fascinating books I've read ... and I've read a ton of books. If the world of "spies" interests you, I highly recommend Jacobson's book.

Enjoy.

L.W.
Does she expose the cya for the criminals/terrorist they are?

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Orion2000
... Surprise, Kill, Vanish, ... I am about to finish reading her book, noted above, and it is one of the most fascinating books I've read ... and I've read a ton of books. If the world of "spies" interests you, I highly recommend Jacobson's book.

Enjoy.

L.W.

Sir, Bought the book on your recommendation. Illuminating, yes. Also depressing. Read the first 80-100 pages and stopped. My take away was that they hired a group of amoral people to commit amoral acts leading to building an amoral organization. So, an "intelligence agency" with no morals, no integrity, and no controls. No wonder how we got to the point we are at today...

They are the strong arm of the Satanic, NWO Illuminated Crew of which the Rothschilds, Rockefellers, Builderberghs, Klaus Schwab etc are strong members but not the top. You never hear the names of the top people.

People don't have a clue as to what the real meaning is of the word "evil" or Satanic.

Trump and Q have given us a clue. Trump has often said these people are evil. They torture and sacrifice kids to hurt GOD.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter

Enjoy.

L.W.

Orion. to an extent, I agree, but unfortunately, we are presently, and have been for many years, up against and in conflict with, some very immoral adversaries who mean us great harm. I suppose it falls back to the old adage, "You fight fire with fire." How we (or an agency) keep control of "operators" is beyond my knowledge as to how it can be done all the time. I've never been in that business.

I do know it is a dangerous world out there.

FWIW.

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Mary Meyer JFK's mistress- started talking to reporters/investigators. Shortly thereafter she was found on a public walking trail with two 22lr bullets in her head. No-one saw or heard anything.

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Anton Chigurgh. He's out there.

NRA-Benefactor
TSRA-Life

"It's a terrible thing when governments send their young men to kill each other." Charles Byrne,WW2 Vet.
On the day Desert Storm began.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by BOBBALEE
Anton Chigurgh. He's out there.
I didn't recognize the name- looked it up- great movie and yes- scary dude in this dangerous world.

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Enjoy.

L.W.

Orion. to an extent, I agree, but unfortunately, we are presently, and have been for many years, up against and in conflict with, some very immoral adversaries who mean us great harm. I suppose it falls back to the old adage, "You fight fire with fire." How we (or an agency) keep control of "operators" is beyond my knowledge as to how it can be done all the time. I've never been in that business.

FWIW.

L.W.

It’s like fire or electricity.

A smart man would just avoid them completely.
A smarter man learns how to harness them to do his will.

And the analogy ends where the dangerous force has its own will.
It can’t be controlled or predicted, but its usefulness outweighs its danger.

The big issue is the men running the show.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
They’ve crossed the Line of Redemption…

4 More Years
4 More Years
4 More Years

O
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
O

Enjoy.

L.W.

FWIW.

L.W.

LW, I get the "immoral" enemies 100%. Prima facie example being the CCP providing tax subsidies to the Chinese companies manufacturing Fentanyl precursors so they increase the flood of illegal Fentanyl into the U.S. Also understand "sleeping peaceably at night because rough men stand ready to do violence on our behalf." No issues with the warrior mentality.

Reflecting, the biggest concern I had reading the book was the total lack of integrity among the leaders. No one EVER admitted a mistake or a flaw. Continuing to send hundreds of good troops on what they knew would be suicide missions simply because the guys at the top had too much ego to say "Hey. This ain't working..."

Less concerned with keeping control of the operators. More concerned with keeping control of the leaders. But in today's swamp, not sure that is possible...

A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
Fast n Furious

They didn’t need to admit anything the Facts should have lead them to the Gallows..

G
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
G
Interesting. My first cousin lives in Asheville, NC. His next door neighbor has worked for years in China for Years. His wife could not tell my cousin what exactly he did in China…she didn’t know. The husband didn’t tell my cousin either, Only that he was there in some govt capacity.

In 2023 he was missing for a little more than six months and she had no idea why. Could not get an answer. Near the end of the year, a car parked in her driveway and two men got out, went inside and talked with her. Her husband had been murdered there and his remains sent home. They then assured her that she would receive a very generous stipend from the federal government for the remainder of her life. Then they told her that her husband had been a CIA spy in China, his cover compromised, and was executed, not murdered. She had NO idea.

152% true.

You only live once, but...if you do it right, once is enough.
A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
The Now Deceased Agent Whoo Hon

R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
Got to get the book. I’m inclined to agree with LW. There’s no easy answers. The dilemma is they are accountable to no one. They have a long history of murdering people in this country as well as overseas. Our apathetic idiot voters have the dangerously offensive habit of electing traitors like Clinton and Obama. I could quote more.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by Godogs57
Interesting. My first cousin lives in Asheville, NC. His next door neighbor has worked for years in China for Years. His wife could not tell my cousin what exactly he did in China…she didn’t know. The husband didn’t tell my cousin either, Only that he was there in some govt capacity.

In 2023 he was missing for a little more than six months and she had no idea why. Could not get an answer. Near the end of the year, a car parked in her driveway and two men got out, went inside and talked with her. Her husband had been murdered there and his remains sent home. They then assured her that she would receive a very generous stipend from the federal government for the remainder of her life. Then they told her that her husband had been a CIA spy in China, his cover compromised, and was executed, not murdered. She had NO idea.

152% true.

I obviously watched waaay to much Gunsmoke in my younger years (and still do when visiting my father in the nursing home)! WWMDD??? What would Matt Dillon do? Answer. Doesn't really matter, does it?

Thanks Leanwolf!!! Actually I mean that. We really can't do anything about the other anyway. That ship sailed many years ago I suspect for us as a Nation "to be looked up to". I understand why Orion quit reading and put the book down. It seems more apparent now than ever, sadly.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

536 members (1beaver_shooter, 1234, 1lesfox, 17CalFan, 007FJ, 01Foreman400, 55 invisible), 2,366 guests, and 1,264 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,381
Posts18,488,572
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.