Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
E
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
E
Me. I have no desire to go to LV. Or, NY, or anywhere in the northeast or west coast.

My son went to LV last year for a friend's birthday party. He came back and said "never again".

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Had to go several times for work in the mid nineties when I was a trade show coordinator. Never again. Why would a Christian go to a place called sin city? It offers nothing I am interested in.

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
No. I'll continue to live under a rock.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Went there on our honeymoon in '99. My bride had lived there for 3 years, working as a blackjack dealer at Whiskey Pete's, and was hoping I would fall in love with the place. I DIDN'T!!!

Not being a gambler, and not into whoring, there was nothing that attracted me to that city.

"No good deed shall go unpunished!"
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by TwoTall
Why would a Christian go to a place called sin city?

To receive sinners and eat with them?

IC B2

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
I’ve been a few times

A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
I wasn’t there once, in the early 70’s. When Fremont street was “downtown”.

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Originally Posted by Stickfight
Originally Posted by TwoTall
Why would a Christian go to a place called sin city?

To receive sinners and eat with them?
Good idea go to sin city to preach. A mission trip.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by JDK
Never been and no desire to do so. Too many other places I’d rather go

^^^^^

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I have not.

Maybe when taylor swift makes it to the Sphere.

I’d like to see a Blue Man Group Show.

And Cirque de Sol’.

Gambling, not so much…

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by BigDave39355
I have not.

Maybe when taylor swift makes it to the Sphere.

I’d like to see a Blue Man Group Show.

And Cirque de Sol’.

Gambling, not so much…

Modify my answer -

I'd go to watch my cousin perform. He's a pro-magician. Has performed in Vegas in the past and performed for Penn and Teller twice. I'd go for that - support the fam.

Me

T
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
T
Originally Posted by 7mmStwer
Certainly!! It is a great place to travel to see a lot of natural sites. On our last trip, 8 days, we went to Hoover Dam, Lake Mead, Valley of Fire, Red Rock Canyon, London Bridge, Drove to California and back in one day to see the Sequoias, hit Death Valley, visited several Ghost towns, went to Rt. 66, toured a working Gold Mine, went to Grand Canyon and walked on the Indian glass overlook over the canyon and more. Cheap hotel rates and rented a car after flying in. Been to many of these sites before but well worth visiting again!!

Went to all these places and more, it was a great time. This reminds me of several things that were outside the norm, like spending the day with a hooker at a car dealership, it was truly random and fun.
Or watching a movie being made and camping and partying with a bunch of floozies from the cast for 3 days.
Or a snowy day at Grand Canyon sitting by the mule ride weigh scales when a hot blonde in a red thong gets off the train and comes in next to me, so I had to ask and she turned out to be very nice and a little cold.
The memories have taken up more than a few brain cells. Almost made me forget about the mojave green and gila monster.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I passed through the airport terminal once a long time ago. What did I miss??

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Confused
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by tripod3
Certainly!! It is a great place to travel to see a lot of natural sites. On our last trip, 8 days, we went to Hoover Dam, Lake Mead, Valley of Fire, Red Rock Canyon, London Bridge, Drove to California and back in one day to see the Sequoias, hit Death Valley, visited several Ghost towns, went to Rt. 66, toured a working Gold Mine, went to Grand Canyon and walked on the Indian glass overlook over the canyon and more. Cheap hotel rates and rented a car after flying in. Been to many of these sites before but well worth visiting again!!

Went to all these places and more, it was a great time. This reminds me of several things that were outside the norm, like spending the day with a hooker at a car dealership, it was truly random and fun.
Or watching a movie being made and camping and partying with a bunch of floozies from the cast for 3 days.
Or a snowy day at Grand Canyon sitting by the mule ride weigh scales when a hot blonde in a red thong gets off the train and comes in next to me, so I had to ask and she turned out to be very nice and a little cold.
The memories have taken up more than a few brain cells. Almost made me forget about the mojave green and gila monster.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

GOA
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Yes, several times. Back in the day the Nascar races were a lot of fun.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Never been. No desire to go.

Probably too much noise and too many people there for me to enjoy myself.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Overnight there one time back in 1985 during a USMC transfer to Camp Pendleton. Stayed in a mom & pop motel on the edge of town.

Never been to the strip. I would only gamble with money I'm willing to throw in the woodstove, so that kind of narrows it down.

M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
Never have, never will, willingly!

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P

Geez, from most of these posts you'd think LV was just one big gambling strip, and these from folks who have never been there. There is a whole different LV outside the strip, and "real" people live there. I used to belong to the Desert Sportsman Gun Club west of LV and never had to drive through the city to get there.

I was once a finalist for a really good job in LV. They really grilled me to make sure I wasn't going to get caught up in gambling, etc. Very strong LDS presence, influence there. Some 700 candidates, I ended up number two, lost out to affirmative action. Oh well.

Stupidity has its way, while its cousin, evil, runs rampant.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
About as close as I've been is Kingman, AZ.
IH 40 sitting in a cab over Pete w/48' reefer.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

524 members (1lesfox, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 16gage, 160user, 53 invisible), 2,724 guests, and 1,191 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,365
Posts18,488,147
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.