-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
And at the risk of repeating (but what the heck)...we have to recognize that the majority of the "money" in the system did not come from the Treasury/Federal Reserve dirty dance.

Most of it comes from fractional reserve banking.

ie, banks making loans with rehypothecated deposits. Poof! New money!! Yippeeee

TPTB love seeing trillions in student loans and credit card balances. Not to mention all the auto loans and mortgages.

"Money" really does grow on trees.

USMC 0351

We know the price of everything and the value of nothing.

Campfire Tracker
Online Shocked
Campfire Tracker
Fractional Reserve Banking and the Federal Funds Rate has been at zero or near zero since 2010. It wasn't until $5 trillion new dollars entered the market starting in July 2020 causing inflation to spike from 1.4% in 2020 to 7% by 2021. Flooding the market with free $$$$ is what caused the current inflation spike.

Blame Washington for the current mess we are in.

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Tarbe
Not everyone gets to live on here and read every post!! smile

At least you know there is one other goober in your camp!
Indeed.

I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
Giving $61 billion to Ukraine does not cause inflation if you take it from some other part of the government. Giving $61 billion to Ukraine when you don't have the money, and simply print it, is what causes inflation.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
Originally Posted by AKislander
The soup analogy is a a good one, but the image below clearly shows it isn't the soup that was watered down!

The soup (and the can with the red/white label) are essentially unchanged. Prices were relatively constant for 80 years but then wham, there was a drastic change that occurred in the early 70s. Hmmmm, what could that have been?

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Thanks for posting this, AKislander. Everyone who runs for Congress should be required to understand this chart. Almost none do.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
IC B2

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
If you think of inflation as worthless currency, mere digital units today, it's a fact. But such counterfeit, phantom "money" is indistinguishable from the real. Legal tender means everyone has to take Fed Reserve Notes backed by the duplicity and fraud of the US Government. Another $61 Billion to Ukraine will never hit the streets of Cincinnati, and maybe not even Kiev, so it shouldn't cause increased prices at Walmart for average Americans. So how does it and why? I do not know and can't explain it. I suspect what inflation really boils down to is usury, which has no value, intrinsic, value added or emotional. But it is debt. Debt is dead weight, a short circuit that draws off capital in the form of interest to reward vultures who encourage low life Congressmen to sign our names to hot checks. A huge portion of the national debt is pure interest alone of no intrinsic, useful, or lasting value. The money changer vultures know more ways to reward these stewards of our destiny by stock market manipulations alone, that rewards them and reinforces the myth that debt is wealth, because they themselves are enriched. The debt cannot be paid by productive investment as sound loans historically have done. Gifts to oligarchs and petty "Democracies" are not sound investments, just high interest bearing loans the gifted do not repay. It becomes our National Debt. It must be refinanced with new debt repaying old debt because America has lost all ability to produce. That is "Emergency Spending Bill" basics, and self perpetuating theft. I think that is inflation.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Ringman
Perhaps some educated individual could tell me how printing money causes inflation.

lol. You got vaxxed and boosted but don’t understand 8 th grade economics?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by ribka
Originally Posted by Ringman
Perhaps some educated individual could tell me how printing money causes inflation.

lol. You got vaxxed and boosted but don’t understand 8 th grade economics?

You forgot to call him a brain-dead boomer.

Yer slippin.

USMC 0351

We know the price of everything and the value of nothing.
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

426 members (10Glocks, 222Sako, 17CalFan, 160user, 12344mag, 1lesfox, 40 invisible), 1,841 guests, and 1,174 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,754
Posts18,495,418
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.