-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Spent August of '69 in a motel on what was then called Savannah Beach. They rebranded it Tybee Island some years later. Looks like the rebranding helped a lot.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Myself & my wife on a motorcycle & another couple on theirs rolled into Myrtle Beach & received an ecstatic welcome. Seems we just happened to arrive a few days after black bike week. Waitresses & pub owners happy to see us. Free drinks & appetizers were common. Some employees had scheduled their vacations for that week next year or would quit first. Business owners would consider closing.
From what we heard, it must have been a total zoo. Saw the wide eyed stress in the folks telling the stories.

So much that many tried to get it stopped for the next year to no avail.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by BALLISTIK
Originally Posted by SupFoo
https://twitter.com/i/status/1782052060726186034

Despite the despicable actions of so many party-goers, Georgia state officials described the overall behavior as “pretty good.”

“The behavior has been pretty good today,” Major Bob Holley of the Georgia Department of Natural Resources told WSAV

Gateway Pundit

What did you think of the article? In your opinion, what made it share-worthy.

Creating discussion is share worthy, so either say something that contributes to the discussion or keep scrolling. You don't have to make a scene everywhere you go Nancy.

Thanks for your contribution to the discussion. lololol

You didn't scroll down far enough...

Originally Posted by BALLISTIK
Even though I've never been, it looks like haiti from what I've seen in pictures. Are we sure this is America?

You're welcome, now you try.

"Social order at the expense of Liberty is hardly a bargain” de Sade
"He who'll not reason is a Bigot, he who cannot is a Fool, and he who dares not is a Slave."SirWilliamDrummond
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
No human should be forced to associate with these animals... only volunteers, thrill seekers, and like ne'er-do-wells.

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Looks like good wholesome fun was had by all.

"The Ballpark burgers were free, why not eat them?"
- Wabi-
IC B2

I
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I
Did we really need cotton that bad

You've got to hand it to a blind prostitute
W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Liberals pretend that this behavior doesn’t occur whatsoever. They would say that these folks are the best among us.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Nice

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O

Despite the despicable actions of so many party-goers, Georgia state officials described the overall behavior as “pretty good.”

“The behavior has been pretty good today,” Major Bob Holley of the Georgia Department of Natural Resources told WSAV

Gateway Pundit

What did you think of the article? In your opinion, what made it share-worthy.

No white folks were harmed in the making of this video...

One man with courage makes a majority....

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
J
JDK Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I was there 2 weeks ago. It was a [bleep] then

IC B3

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
One of the good things about the Georgia coast is that most of the barrier Islands are undeveloped or mostly so and you need a boat to get to them. It kills me to see that all that garbage that they left on the beach but I guess someone will have a job picking it up.

IIRC, the mayor and city council of Tybee wanted to get rid of "Orange Crush" a few years ago and passed laws banning alcohol and amplified music on the beach during it. I think eventually the U.S. Department of Injustice got involved and said they were being rayciss.....more or less. They are kind of stuck with it.

Orange Crush started about 30 years ago when kids from Savannah State aka "voo doo U" started partying at Tybee for spring break. With the advent of social media it just got bigger and bigger and kids from other "HBCU's" started coming.

Tybee is only about 3 miles long and they get an influx of 100,000 people during this weekend.

My mother is 90 years old and she tells of the days of her youth anyone could drive down on the beach at Tybee or Hilton Head right to the water and no one cared. Just goes to show how few people used to live in that area. Hilton Head is the next barrier Island to the north in South Carolina.....not very far.

Last edited by RJY66; 04/24/24.

"Men must be governed by God or they will be ruled by tyrants". --- William Penn

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by TrueGrit
Most are supposedly college students? If that's the best they have to offer for future leadership their in serious trouble. Just more proof that the US of A is turning into a banana Republic.
Affirmative Action or sports scholarships.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
yep loved to go to Tybee Is. when in Army in Savannah in early 80's .they did not have this then, when i left in 86 .glad i missed all this

NRA Life Member
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Ha ha ha. College students my arse!

"No good deed shall go unpunished!"
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by JeffyD

*college aged

Are folks really upset about chicks fighting and titties coming out?

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by JeffyD

College is a joke for the most part these days. Unless you go for something like, engineering, IT, or accounting, you go tens of thousands in debt for communist indoctrination and a useless degree.

"Men must be governed by God or they will be ruled by tyrants". --- William Penn

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
fox5atlanta.com

TYBEE ISLAND, Ga. - Police arrested dozens of people and issued more than 100 traffic citations during the weekend's massive Orange Crush party at Georgia's largest public beach.

Officials estimate more than 60,000 people packed Tybee Island's beach for the spring celebration.

The island has grappled with the April beach party since students at Savannah State University, a historically Black school, started it more than 30 years ago. Residents regularly complained about loud music, trash littering the sand and revelers urinating in yards.

This year, officials with the Tybee Island Police Department say they made 54 arrests from April 19 through 21. That's three times as many as in 2023, when officers arrested 18 people.

Last year, record crowds left the small police force scrambling to handle a flood of emergency calls reporting gunfire, drug overdoses, traffic jams and fist fights. For 2024, officials say they were prepared with more officers from around the area on duty and road closures.

Authorities say they issued 111 traffic citations and five beach citations - an increase from the 37 issued last year.

Investigators also recovered three stolen firearms and a stolen car.

Officials say there was also a police chase that ended with a PIT maneuver during the party. The incident is now under investigation by the Georgia State Patrol.

Volunteers clean up Tybee Island after Orange Crush
Many of this year's attendees stayed behind to help the Tybee Island Ocean Rescue lifeguards pick up trash.

Officials say they were able to fill up more than 10 carts of trash on Sunday afternoon.

Interim City Manager Michelle Owens told WTOC that the effort to keep the beach clean has been a "community effort."

The cleanup continued through the week to ensure the remaining trash doesn't become ocean pollutants.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
For a gathering of 'groids that's pretty good behavior, during Indy's Black Expo they all bring knives and guns and shoot and stab each other. Can't even celebrate with their own kind without violence.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
I imagine tides took a lot of the trash out to seas to end up somewhere. Why not just throw it in a trash bag and take if with you when done, why did it have to be on the ground to begin with?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Gateway Pundit

"sub-saharans..."

At least.

GR

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

98 members (338reddog, 14idaho, 01Foreman400, achlupsa, 35, 41rem, 4 invisible), 1,556 guests, and 840 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,370
Posts18,488,323
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.