-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Per capita. That's what this article says. It's the 1st I've heard of it. The article tells about a guy getting killed by tribal police. That's a whole different issue. If they allow their police to shoot with less provocation, that's tribal business. I'm sure they don't want outside interference in how they solve their crime problems.

INDIAN DEATH RATE

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Just from observing the local news, that doesn't surprise me. Is "i-iggers" a word?

Sic Semper Tyrannis
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Fort Hall has always been known for it's 'entertainment'.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Well I certainly hope they are using Winchesters and Colts!

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Nope- - - -Remington rolling blocks in .45-70!

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by jorgeI

Lol.

#leveractiononly

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Dutch
Just from observing the local news, that doesn't surprise me. Is "i-iggers" a word?

Yes. Whiggers, Chiggers, [bleep], Spiggers, Riggers, Friggers…long list, you can Figger out the rest.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J

Racist.

I am MAGA.
F
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
F
I'm going to make a pretty controversial generalization here...but I was raised next to the rez and lived here in the midst of Injun country for most of my life, worked with scads of Injuns back in my logging days, so I'm going to opine. The western Injuns I'm used to are genetically and culturally, warriors at heart. They despise a coward, they have much more respect for a man who will fight and lose than a man who won't fight. Law enforcement as it is practiced requires the citizen in a simple questioning or a potential confrontation to back down, comply, obey. That is not in the Injun's dna. A very few rural sheriff's deputies understand this and get along just fine, make a whole career without drawing a gun... but any cop with attitude confronts an Injun with aggression, he will be met with aggression, every time. Guilt or innocence has nothing to do with the quoted statistic...it's all about the nature of the interaction, excessive aggression by leos leads to trouble every time. Of course most of my experiences were pre meth...just alcohol...maybe the rules have changed now.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by flintlocke
I'm going to make a pretty controversial generalization here...but I was raised next to the rez and lived here in the midst of Injun country for most of my life, worked with scads of Injuns back in my logging days, so I'm going to opine. The western Injuns I'm used to are genetically and culturally, warriors at heart. They despise a coward, they have much more respect for a man who will fight and lose than a man who won't fight. Law enforcement as it is practiced requires the citizen in a simple questioning or a potential confrontation to back down, comply, obey. That is not in the Injun's dna. A very few rural sheriff's deputies understand this and get along just fine, make a whole career without drawing a gun... but any cop with attitude confronts an Injun with aggression, he will be met with aggression, every time. Guilt or innocence has nothing to do with the quoted statistic...it's all about the nature of the interaction, excessive aggression by leos leads to trouble every time. Of course most of my experiences were pre meth...just alcohol...maybe the rules have changed now.
Pretty much spot on in my view.

IC B3

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Originally Posted by flintlocke
I agree, it hasn't changed here. Being a warrior is deeply ingrained in the nature of most, the Indians are no different. He just isn't in the planning mode, he is more reactionary. I have a truck load of Indian relitives, that will fight at the drop of a hat. When treated fairly and respected for themselves, they will back you to death. Many living in cities and in areas without any Indians, will never have a clue. They think great warrior or town drunk. They never seen an Indian except on tv or in the movies.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Watch a weeks worth of news from Rapid City SD.

That will give you another clue as to the why.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Posts like this remind me of a NA comedian I watched a while back. Two quotes I remember from hs stand-up:

"I'm allergic to alcohol. It makes me break out in handcuffs!"

"My girlfriend told me she was Bi. So I brought home another girl. 13 stitches later i realized she meant bi-polar!"

Last edited by las; 04/24/24.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

Racist.

I guess if I'm outed, I should have added some whiskey and maybe some blankets?

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

377 members (12344mag, 16gage, 1lessdog, 01Foreman400, 1beaver_shooter, 17CalFan, 44 invisible), 2,529 guests, and 1,277 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,497
Posts18,490,467
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.